[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboy Homers, Backup RB

Would it be worth the gamble to pick Clarett up in the later rounds?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be worth the gamble to pick Clarett up in the later rounds?

• 1. Why not. Could work out. If not, cut him or demote him to the practice squad.
    • 2. Have you lost your freakin mind. The Cowboys don't have picks to waste.
    • 3. Dude, you need to quit haning out with Ricky, that stuff will rot your mind.

I was reading an article that struck me as interesting (or lack of Football has clouded my mind).

I think Julius Jones has locked up the RB spot, so an RB isn't very high on the draft list.

But with Eddie George not going to be re-signed, and the very good possibility of Richie Anderson retiring. A backup RB is going to be needed. What about gambling on Clarett in the later rounds.

Could be worth it........

I was reading an article that struck me as interesting (or lack of Football has clouded my mind).

I think Julius Jones has locked up the RB spot, so an RB isn't very high on the draft list.

But with Eddie George not going to be re-signed, and the very good possibility of Richie Anderson retiring.  A backup RB is going to be needed. What about gambling on Clarett in the later rounds.

771224[/snapback]

I don't like the Clarett idea, to much trouble surrounding him, too many other holes to fill.

Dallas has made a nice effort the past couple of years to stay clear of the off the field incidents that plagued them towards the end of Irvins career.I dont want to see any sign of that element wearing the star.

Edited by whomper

I think A-Train would make a fine addition to the Silver and Blue.

771284[/snapback]

Id like that.nice balance of speed and explosiveness in JJ paired up with some hard running by A-train

Edited by whomper

But with Eddie George not going to be re-signed, and the very good possibility of Richie Anderson retiring.  A backup RB is going to be needed. What about gambling on Clarett in the later rounds.

771224[/snapback]

For my money, Brandon Jacobs in round 4 or 5 would be a steal! Kid is about 40 pounds heavier than Ronnie Brown or cadillace, but darn near as fast and quick.

His 10 & 20 yard times were very close.

Dallas has made a nice effort the past couple of years to stay clear of the off the field incidents that plagued them towards the end of Irvins career.I dont want to see any sign of that element wearing the star.

771248[/snapback]

I think the A Bryant era in Dallas pretty much eliminates the Clarett drafting possibility. Tuna doesn't need another babysitting gig and there are plenty of quality guys in the draft that may slip down the board for the 'Boys' to take(Fason?). I do agree with the A-Train idea I think he has plenty left in the tank and plenty to prove.

My only question about the A-train idea is, how is he going to handle sitting on the bench behind the little brother of the guy that took his job in Chicago? That being said, I'd like to see him come to Dallas.