[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins pick at #2

Jackass

News: The Palm Beach Post reports Dolphins head coach Nick Saban appears set to welcome back Ricky Williams. "Maybe I shouldn't say this," Saban said. "But part of the reason that everybody was so let down about Ricky Williams was the guy was a pretty good guy around here for a couple of years. He was a very well-liked sports figure around here for a couple of years and did some very nice things in the community."

This seems to put the Fins in a bit of a quandry. Can they pick a RB at #2 and then have ricky come back. If they do that, they've wasted a pick. Yet if they pass on a RB, and the Rickster spaces out again, then they're back we're they were last year. :D

Ricky won't come back. He will be traded if so. He may even have to still miss 4 games. Folk on the team do not dig him and if you have social anxiety disorder - this has to be something that eats away at you. He is also getting up there in years and is not in football shape (he's lost ALOT of weight)

The will pick Ronnie Brown or trade down.

If Ricky is in their future, it will be a traded Ricky

Edited by Duchess Jack

News: The Palm Beach Post reports Dolphins head coach Nick Saban appears set to welcome back Ricky Williams. "Maybe I shouldn't say this," Saban said. "But part of the reason that everybody was so let down about Ricky Williams was the guy was a pretty good guy around here for a couple of years. He was a very well-liked sports figure around here for a couple of years and did some very nice things in the community."

This seems to put the Fins in a bit of a quandry.  Can they pick a RB at #2 and then have ricky come back.  If they do that, they've wasted a pick.  Yet if they pass on a RB, and the Rickster spaces out again, then they're back we're they were last year. :D

771273[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing last week. If Saban is calling Ricky, something must be up their sleeve. Late last season, they had a deal worked out with the NFL, which would have allowed him to come back and avoid any suspension, with his retirement being considered time served.

If they can get that back on the table and Ricky comes back, they might look at Rodgers or Smith @ #2 or take Edwards.

The idea certaintly has merit.

How do we know he hasn't agreed to come back already? Owing the team $8 million has a way of making you come to your senses. According to reports a few weeks back, he had been working out likea madman and lost like 30 pounds. Don't know how you lose 30lbs with the munchies, so it must mean something, no?

Edited by gspot

The 'Fins are many players away AND have too few draft picks so this media love-fest Ricky and Saban are carrying on I think is definitely a sign of Ricky coming back. Whether he is with Miami or not is another question. I don't think they have anything to lose by taking Ricky back in and using that pick on something other than a running back. Really running back is not their biggest weakness in my opinion. Williams trade value cannot be that high ( no pun intended ) so it would appear if he does come back he is the starting back once they get whatever probation period done with.

Really - with the Edge, Henry and Alexander having been on the market for a 2nd...no way does Miami get anything for Ricky.

Personally - I don't think that there is any way Ricky comes back. I am just not buying the hype machine. Sounds like Barry and Robert (not The Cure) Smith talk to me.

As for saying Miami is many players away. Call me a homer...but I disagree. This is a very good - very improved team.

Miami will (imo) find a trading partner, moving down from their early 2nd round pick to the middle/end of the 2nd round, and picking up either an early pick next year or a 3rd or 4th this year (depending on how far they drop in the 2nd round), and then they try to move this middle/low end 2nd round pick for one of the FA running backs mentioned immediately above...and then draft an "upside RB" or a "quick RB" in the 6th or 7th...and run the wish-bone.

Edge, Williams and Sproles...with Sproles also returning kicks...hmmmmm...

And, if Williams flakes out, Edge as a RB and Sproles pretending he's Dante Hall at WR/KR?

:D

Edited by muck

I understand homerism, and the Cure connection DJ, but sorry that Miami team looked bad. The OL was atracious last year and the DL would just get worn out late in the game. Depth is a concern on the DL and that OL needs overhauling. You're not going to win without a good OL and keeping pressure on the other team the entire game. There's a number of teams so it's just not the 'fins...my beloved Cowboys are about on par with the fins IMO. The fins will be standing on the beach come playoff time for a number of years if they address a RB in the first round and ignore the bigger picture.

Miami will (imo) find a trading partner, moving down from their early 2nd round

773819[/snapback]

Heads Up Muck!

A.J. Feeley

"Acquired by the Dolphins in a trade with Philadelphia on March 3, 2004 in exchange for a second round draft choice in 2005"

www.miamidolphins.com

The Phinz don't have a second round pick this year, to move down from. Already spent it on Feeley.

Heads Up Muck!

A.J. Feeley

"Acquired by the Dolphins in a trade with Philadelphia on March 3, 2004 in exchange for a second round draft choice in 2005"

www.miamidolphins.com

The Phinz don't have a second round pick this year, to move down from. Already spent it on Feeley.

773904[/snapback]

How many picks do the fins have in this draft? It seems like they spent another early round pick for one of those spare backs they used also last year.

How many picks do the fins have in this draft? It seems like they spent another early round pick for one of those spare backs they used also last year.

773908[/snapback]

Lamar Gordon - 3rd round 2005

773908[/snapback]

They have one pick in rounds:-

1 (2nd pick in the 1st), 3 (6th pick in the 3rd from Chicago in the Booker / O-Gun trade), 4 (3rd pick in the 4th), 5 (2nd pick in the 5th) & 7 (2nd pick in the 7th).

The Phins currently have NO PICKS in rounds 2 & 6.

I think the only way they get past that Willaims fiasco of last year is take a RB. Granted there is trouble on the O-Line like mentioned above but they have to get past it. Also mentioned above, Ricky would be traded if taken back. I don't think the Dolphins would care if it was a 3rd-4th rounder just so they got something out of it. Regardless of what Saben says, there is NO WAY you could let that guy back in that locker room with the guys he bailed on and expect to keep that team focused.

Get your new franchise back and put the whole thing behind you (as much as you can) Dolphins.

I understand homerism, and the Cure connection DJ, but sorry that Miami team looked bad. The OL was atracious last year and the DL would just get worn out late in the game. Depth is a concern on the DL and that OL needs overhauling. You're not going to win without a good OL and keeping pressure on the other team the entire game. There's a number of teams so it's just not the 'fins...my beloved Cowboys are about on par with the fins IMO. The fins will be standing on the beach come playoff time for a number of years if they address a RB in the first round and ignore the bigger picture.

773893[/snapback]

It was all about the oline. Ricky's retiring and Wanny being a Megan Fox added to it, but it was all about the oline.

Ricky left and nobody could run in his place.

Ricky did not run well behind that line the year before.

And....Fiedler had his worst statisitcal year as a Dolphin - including with Lamar Smith and patchwork line....

The lack of an oline - thus passing or running game - kept the D out there often. Therefore, they get winded towards the end of games and the season.

What we need to look at for this year is a couple things...

1) Wanny Gone (the difference with the Phins with Wanny and Bates was amazing....and while not a fan at first, I really like Saban)

2) AJ had his first year in a non-west coast system - he now is more familiar with things in Miami - new system again - or no. This guy got better as the season went on and towards the end, he was getting blown up on every play - taking his shot and going back in. Lot of hope here.

3) Booker and the first year FA wide thing.

4) Another year for the oline to Gel. Wade started LT as a rookie. He will be moved - but if you can play LT as a rookie, you have to have some skills. We have Carey (1st rounder last year.) McDougal. McIntoch and a few servicable others. Most importantly - we have Hudson Hauck. This is all the difference.

5) Scott Linehan as OC. No more Turner.

6) Same D line PLUS - Keven Carter and Vonnie Holiday

7) Out with Gold Hands, Stone Feet Knight....In with Tebucky Jones

8) Maybe Surtain is gone, maybe not. If so we get a pick and have a guy I would love to see get a chance in Poole. I like Howard as well. If not - we have one hell of a backfield

Its a whole new year. Good things are on the horizon. Weather we trade down or draft Brown.....the future is smelling pretty good in Miami.