[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNair will return this year

DMD

McNair announced today that he will be returning for his 11th season in the NFL. He has been recuperating from surgery that grafted bone from his right hip to his sternum. “After talking with my family, my doctors, the trainers and coach Fisher, I am excited about coming back to play this season," McNair said. "I feel good physically. My sternum is healing, I'm in good shape, I haven’t had any problems throwing and I expect to participate in some of the upcoming mini-camps. I look forward to the season, being a leader for some of the younger guys, and getting back to winning football games.”

Hope you didn't pay too much for Billy Volek...

McNair hasn't played a full season in a long time.

771589[/snapback]

True, but I didn't tell the whole story. I also have Delhomme that I can keep for $3. I would have considered Volek for $4 given some of the monster games he had last year (except week 16 :D ), but knowing that Delhomme is definitely starting and Volek probably not, I'll go with Jake.

As a doctor, I feel he may be making a mistake. Tennessee is clearly in a rebuilding mode, and if McNair takes the same kind of beating he did last year, he could be in serious trouble. Apparently his doctors are okay with his decision to return, but do they really know how bad things could get for McNair this coming season if his O-line protection breaks down? Maybe not!!

Rebuilding offenses have been a career ender for a lot of veteran QB's.

771877[/snapback]

I think in all actuality it will end up being the teams horrible handling of the salary cap coming into this season that will end this QBs career. They have lost so many players that I really have a hard time seeing them fielding a decent squad and McNair will suffer the most. That slamming noise was the 'window of opportunity'on the Titans.