[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Contest

RussMan

I am doing a draft contest again this year. Same rules as last year. And not at hard to win as the RussMan Challenge.

I am donating two tickets to a Lion's home game to the winner. No cost to enter.

THe good/bad news is that the seats are 2 of 4 that I own so you will be sitting next to me. :D

If anyone is interested go here ----> RussMan's Lions Draft Contest

And for those that have enjoyed bashing the lions ... Spain.. Look for them to legitimately compete for the NFC North.

Kevin Jones, CRoj, Roy Williams, Pollard, an improving Harrington and an improved Defense will make you believers. So put your Edmund Fitgerald lyrics back in the drawer.

I am especially high on Kevin Jones for some serious Fantasy Output this season.

Edited by RussMan

Prize: I will again be donating 2 of my LOWER BOWL TICKETS to a LION's GAME. The game will be the Lion's 3rd preseason game at Ford Field on Monday August 29th vs the St. Louis Rams in a nationally televised game!!!!

I was hoping it would be the game of my choice - preferably against the Vikes. I would not fly to Detroit to watch that game...any exceptions?

Edited by Outshined

I was hoping it would be the game of my choice - preferably against the Vikes. I would not fly to Detroit to watch that game...any exceptions?

772441[/snapback]

You could always donate the tickets to a worthy Lions fan. :D Cool contest Russman.

I'm not big on remembering jersey numbers, but is that a classic Charlie Batch jersey?

773970[/snapback]

Yes... He went to a college nearby. Eastern Michigan before being drafted by the Lions.. but then Millen came in and sacked him in favor of Ty Detmer and Mike McMahon. :D

I seldom wear it, I almost always wear one of my Barry Sanders spamshirts, an orginal one, and one I had made in the new colors.

I have a throw back Harrington jersey, got as a gift, that I havent worn to a game yet. Make me an offer.

We havent had good fantasy players on the Lions since Millen took over... Kevin Jones is going to change all that.

Edited by RussMan

Yes... He went to a college nearby.  Eastern Michigan before being drafted by the Lions.. but then Millen came in and sacked him in favor of Ty Detmer and Mike McMahon.  :D

I seldom wear it, I almost always wear one of my Barry Sanders spamshirts, an orginal one, and one I had made in the new colors.

I have a throw back Harrington jersey, got as a gift, that I havent worn to a game yet.  Make me an offer.

We havent had good fantasy players on the Lions since Millen took over... Kevin Jones is going to change all that.

774214[/snapback]

I liked Charlie Batch when he was playing, and I was no fan of Moronweg's decision to bench him. I had one of those myself, but I can't seem to find it.

As to the Joey jersey, I'll send you a box of cat poop for it. I know, that's a generous offer and I'm probably overpaying... but I'm just a nice guy like that.

774214[/snapback]

If Harrington isn't going to change that, than which new receiver is going to help the team?

I have a throw back Harrington jersey, got as a gift, that I havent worn to a game yet.  Make me an offer.

774214[/snapback]

Trade you for an away Chuck Rogers jersey . . .

. . . or my 'classic' Batch, as Big John so adeptly pointed out.

Or a pair of tube socks.

Peace

policy

Cool contest Russman.  Now I'll be spending every waking hour between now and the deadline trying to figure out who they will draft.  See you at the Rams game :D

772425[/snapback]

Thanks RussMan - took the challenge - Cheers!

If Harrington isn't going to change that, than which new receiver is going to help the team?

774286[/snapback]

I think the Lions will look to pick up a guy in the draft but dont expect any impact from him.. If Crog can avoid the freak broken collar bone injury again... he is the real deal. I am not kidding he is a play maker. And a broken collar bone is not like a busted knee.. the dude still has the blazing speed and has put some muscle on.... stay tuned.

774286[/snapback]

Former Michigan State receiver Charles Rogers, who was in for only three plays in the opening game before suffering a broken right collarbone for the second straight year, has put on about 15 pounds of muscle.

"He looks good," Harrington said. "I can tell he wants to be out there. I know he's going to do it."

774286[/snapback]

Charles Rogers (WR) DET 4/15/2005

Rogers is working out regularly in the Lions' conditioning program and shows no ill effects from a broken right collarbone that ended his first two seasons, team president Matt Millen said, the Detroit News reports. "Charles hasn't even crossed my mind," Millen said Thursday. "He is training better than he's trained. He's running better than he's run. He's doing everything...It's not even a second thought. I don't have much of a concern for Charles. He'll get out there and do what he has to do." We don't want to jinx Rogers, but what are the odds of him breaking his collarbone a third year in a row? As long as he can stay in one piece, the wideout figures to be a solid contributor in a Lions' offense that has a chance to perk up this season.

And for those that have enjoyed bashing the lions ... Spain..  Look for them to legitimately compete for the NFC North.

Kevin Jones, CRoj, Roy Williams, Pollard, an improving Harrington and an improved Defense will make you believers.  So put your Edmund Fitgerald lyrics back in the drawer.

I am especially high on Kevin Jones for some serious Fantasy Output this season.

772413[/snapback]

I only have one thing to say:

http://www.czabe.com/backup/Vol3_jan18/mor...p5_playoffs.mp3

I only have one thing to say:

http://www.czabe.com/backup/Vol3_jan18/mor...p5_playoffs.mp3

781031[/snapback]

First of all... you avatar.. let me just say WOW. I can't stop looking at it, I might have one of those hypnotic siezures or something.

Ok Spain.. the proof is in the pudding... The only thing that may hold us back this year is Mooch's complete devotion to short passes.

Edited by RussMan

Garcia will probably get beat up by his lover before he does anything for the Lions.  :D

781063[/snapback]

Well If Mooch did that he wouldn't be able to put him in the game the first time Joey throws and incomplete pass. I would be nervous about drafting Joey this year.. .