[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best player in the league?

Joe Public

would anybody mentioning Mike Vick and stats in the same line just shut up!?!?!?! If there were no such things as stats, and we just watched athletes playing football, the only guy other than Vick you could argue for this thread would be Tom Brady.

The reason I pick Mike Vick....and this is specifically to those of you that were/are pretty good athletes in your day. When you get a collection of good athletes on the field at the same time, even for practice, it becomes evident to the players very quickly who the best players on the field are. They simply carry themselves on a different level. As you watch a Falcon's game, you quickly become aware that every single time, regardless of the opponent, Mike Vick is the best football player on the field.

Eventhough he has gotten as far in the playoffs as the great Peyton Manning in less than half the time.  :D

774284[/snapback]

Mike Vick got to the NFC Championship in his fourth year. Peyton Manning got to the AFC Championship in his sixth season. Not surprisingly, your math is bad. :D

What a stupid thing to compare anyway. . .

Isn't the good or great athlete thing getting a little old? What does it mean? Talk about the sport of football and what would be your measuring stick for a great football player? Obviously the stats he puts up and what he accomplishes on the field. You can factor in team play to a certain extent but, individual stats I think would be the measuring stick when all is said and done. In that light, where do you place Vick? That's where I'll stop because we've gone through this Vick thing over and over. He's got another season and more to prove as far as I'm concerned. Putting the good athlete thing aside, let's see what he can do this season with a year in the WCO under his belt and all.

I really need to say this Julius Jones is completely the MVP of a team in all of football.  Peyton is backed up by Edge he has a complete cast.  JJ has a shucksty QB and a bad OL.  Opinions??

776097[/snapback]

I love Julius Jones, but a little too early to say. He has to maintain or improve on last years success to even be included in this conversation next year.

Mike Vick got to the NFC Championship in his fourth year.  Peyton Manning got to the AFC Championship in his sixth season.  Not surprisingly, your math is bad.  :D

What a stupid thing to compare anyway. . .

776060[/snapback]

Nice how I didn't say seasons huh? Go back and look at the total number of games played.

And you know exactly what I was saying because I've said this to you before. Don't play stupid.

Peyton: 112 games

Vick: 43

:D

Edited by WaterMan

So you don't count his rookie year where Vick was able to sit, watch, and learn. Or the games he missed due to injury where he was able to sit, watch, and learn. Nice analysis. :D

No matter how you twist the numbers, you are still an idiot.

Plus what you actually said was:

Eventhough he has gotten as far in the playoffs as the great Peyton Manning in less than half the time.

774284[/snapback]

You said nothing about games. :D

Vick 4 years. Manning 6 years.

Edited by CaptainHook

No matter how you twist the numbers, you are still an idiot.

777763[/snapback]

You mean like this?

Vick 4 years.  Manning 6 years.

777763[/snapback]

There's a big difference between about 69 games and 2 NFL seasons.

I really need to say this Julius Jones is completely the MVP of a team in all of football.  Peyton is backed up by Edge he has a complete cast.  JJ has a shucksty QB and a bad OL.  Opinions??

776097[/snapback]

If you are going to say that I will say give me Willis McGahee every Sunday over JJ. He had the tackling dummy at QB and showed why you can bench a good RB like Travis henry.