[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC Chiefs & Patrick Surtain

muck

1) Eric Warfield, the current #1 CB in KC, will probably miss the first four games of the season due to "off-field indiscretions" (ie, repeat DUI offenses over the past few years, the most recent of which was towards the end of last season).

2) Yesterday, Dick Vermeil told a local morning host on one of the two sports-talk stations that the possibility of doing the deal for Surtain was less than 50/50.

3) With the announced schedule, KCs first four games will be BRUTAL if we don't have a "real" CB lining up against the opposing WR1's.

Week 1: vs NYJ = L Coles

Week 2: at OAK = R Moss

Week 3: at DEN = R Smith

Week 4: vs PHI = T Owens

...just thought I'd pass along these little nuggets...

Something tells me that someone in Miami has called someone in KC to ask them if they're excited about having William Bartee lining up against those WRs.

1) Eric Warfield, the current #1 CB in KC, will probably miss the first four games of the season due to "off-field indiscretions" (ie, repeat DUI offenses over the past few years, the most recent of which was towards the end of last season).

2) Yesterday, Dick Vermeil told a local morning host on one of the two sports-talk stations that the possibility of doing the deal for Surtain was less than 50/50.

3) With the announced schedule, KCs first four games will be BRUTAL if we don't have a "real" CB lining up against the opposing WR1's.

Week 1: vs NYJ = L Coles

Week 2: at OAK = R Moss

Week 3: at DEN = R Smith

Week 4: vs PHI = T Owens

...just thought I'd pass along these little nuggets...

Something tells me that someone in Miami has called someone in KC to ask them if they're excited about having William Bartee lining up against those WRs.

777374[/snapback]

Im certainly not very excited about it. Or about Dexter McCleon on Jerry Porter/Ashley Lelie ...

If we dont trade for a CB, we will draft one and sign Ty Law for rapacious dough ...

There are unconfirmed rumors swirling around about possible draft day trades involving Surtain. (I've heard/read material where both San Diego & Indy have been mentioned as potential draft day trade partners)

One thing is for sure though. Saban will NOT trade Surtain, for only a 4th rd pick. Unless Peterson gets real, we certainly won't be seeing Surtain in a Chiefs uniform.