[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Vikings fans

spain

according to KFAN this morning, it is going to be Benson...

we'll know alot more after this weekend though....

782430[/snapback]

Why would they take Benson with so many rb's on the team?

If the draft plays out like they think it could, they would take him at #7 because of the value of the pick...they don't think Derrick Johnson is worth it at that slot and the two receivers they want are gone...

I personally don't see them doing this, just reporting the latest speculation off KFAN radio...

782432[/snapback]

All of the backs are pretty much the same 10-15 carries per game. They would like to have someone who could get the ball 20-25 carries per game. When the coach declares that it's wide-open competition for RB, that pretty much means they are all the same. They've each shown potential but nothing consistent. If Benson and Williams are both available at 7 I don't see how the Vikings would pass on Benson.

All this talk about the Vikings moving up leads me to believe that they are settled on just one position in the draft. If they keep their pick, they should easily get one of the top receivers or backs in the draft. Actually Derek Johnson wouldn't be that bad of a consolation prize either.

All of the backs are pretty much the same 10-15 carries per game.  They would like to have someone who could get the ball 20-25 carries per game.  When the coach declares that it's wide-open competition for RB, that pretty much means they are all the same.  They've each shown potential but nothing consistent.  If Benson and Williams are both available at 7 I don't see how the Vikings would pass on Benson.

782447[/snapback]

OK, this is really starting to irk me. When has Tice even CONSIDERED making one of the RBBC guys "the guy" for the season, let alone a game? I agree Bennett is injury prone, but I still don't think Smith or Moore were ever given a real chance to prove themselves. If Smith can stay out of trouble, I can see him being an every down back. Moore made a terrible mental mistake on a lateral last season, and never saw another carry. Nice coaching Tice. Thanks for the last couple games Mewelde, now that you've made your one mistake, it's back to the bench. Either of those RBs could be our every down back in MN, but for some reason Coach Blockhead won't stick with one for an entire game.

Nothing personal dread, this wasn't to comment on you, but just a general venting of my disdain for Tice.

OK, this is really starting to irk me.  When has Tice even CONSIDERED making one of the RBBC guys "the guy" for the season, let alone a game?  I agree Bennett is injury prone, but I still don't think Smith or Moore were ever given a real chance to prove themselves.  If Smith can stay out of trouble, I can see him being an every down back.  Moore made a terrible mental mistake on a lateral last season, and never saw another carry.  Nice coaching Tice.  Thanks for the last couple games Mewelde, now that you've made your one mistake, it's back to the bench.  Either of those RBs could be our every down back in MN, but for some reason Coach Blockhead won't stick with one for an entire game. 

Nothing personal dread, this wasn't to comment on you, but just a general venting of my disdain for Tice.

782795[/snapback]

:bawling:

You cut me deep...

Canada Smith will be running the pigskin by week 3. Bennett could be on his way South to Arizona with Denny. Personally I see the Vikes holding to the #7 looking to trade out then dumping the pick on a RB. Once that happens Arizona gets a call seeking a 3rd rounder for Bennett. Canada gets a call to hit the Betty Ford clinic for the next 6 weeks and Moore moves in with Moe to make sure he does not make the mental mistakes again.

Smith is a darn good runner if he stops baking. WR will be the #18 pick and we will then have to get some depth at OL soon. Of course the kicker out of Ohio(?) would be nice in the second round. Kicking is part of the game???

782432[/snapback]

Because it's the dumbest franchise in the league...the Vikings you're talking about. Last thing they need is a running back, but it looks more and more like they're gonna do it. Maybe they'll confuse the draft days and a defensive player will fall to them on Sunday when they finally show up to draft. The people in this franchise don't belong in the Arena league.

Because it's the dumbest franchise in the league...the Vikings you're talking about.  Last thing they need is a running back, but it looks more and more like they're gonna do it.  Maybe they'll confuse the draft days and a defensive player will fall to them on Sunday when they finally show up to draft.  The people in this franchise don't belong in the Arena league.

783005[/snapback]

Hey, did some a$$hole claim Pearson pushed off again?

Because it's the dumbest franchise in the league...

783005[/snapback]

This coming from a fan of a team that solved it's QB problem by replacing Testeverde with a slightly younger version in Bledsoe. :D

We'll see who has the better record at the end of the year.

Because it's the dumbest franchise in the league...the Vikings you're talking about.  Last thing they need is a running back, but it looks more and more like they're gonna do it.  Maybe they'll confuse the draft days and a defensive player will fall to them on Sunday when they finally show up to draft.  The people in this franchise don't belong in the Arena league.

783005[/snapback]

someone's just bitter because he has both Onterio and Bennett on his keeper team. :D

someone's just bitter because he has both Onterio and Bennett on his keeper team. :D

783055[/snapback]

You hush.

Grunge, your LA Viqueens could go undefeated the next 3 years in a row and you'd still have a ways to go. :D