[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sam mills died today

crispirons

Indeed very sad, :D

God rest his soul

Help.....who made up that nasty set of LB's he worked with on the Saints? Sam Mills, Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, ?????

783222[/snapback]

Vaugh Johnson

Sam Mills personifies class in the NFL---great player, great coach and great community leader!! Here's a link for the story and check out the photo gallery....the statue of him out in front of the Bank Of America Stadium is a testimony of his character and fortitude...May many children take his life as a model to follow!!

http://www.panthers.com/fanzone/galleryPho...contentId=18019

:bawling: Carolina and New Orleans are better places because of Sam!!

I played middle linebacker and I remember in Jr. High really trying to be Sam Mills.

783745[/snapback]

You certainly could've chosen worse role models. I covered the Saints for a small SW La. newspaper from '90-'92 and had a chance to interview most of the players postgame in the locker room. There was usually a large group of reporters around Mills' locker because he was always good for a solid quote and was a helluva nice guy, as well. The perfect fit in one of the best linebacking corps in NFL history. A very, very sad story. :D