[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Busts

CaptainHook

i remember that story in ESPN about two years back. Tim Duncan and Jason Kidd were predicted to do well as were many other players. But not a ton of people believe in it. Maybe San Fran should hire them....

785503[/snapback]

Their biggest 'miss' was Brady. Wonder what they had on Vick.

I'm always surprised at how everyone seems to remember Blair Thomas as a bust, which he was, but you never hear mention of Lam Jones, a wide receiver taken #3 overall by the Jets maybe ten years earlier (I believe Thomas also went #3 overall, maybe #2), and who had career numbers pretty similar to Blair Thomas in terms of years played and yards from scrimmage.

784978[/snapback]

He's on the list. #15. Johnny Lam Jones

What you don't remember is Charlie Batch being the highest rated rookie QB that year, finishing with a 90.5 (IIRC) rating, while Manning's was somewhere near 78.

Peace

policy

785611[/snapback]

Actually I do remember that. The Broncos were also pretty high on Brian Griese from that draft. :D

The sad part of this list is that there were 4 Penn State players on it. :D

Actually had a gym class with Blair when I was in school and he was a good guy that I thought would do well in the NFL....

Carter had his ACL injury before he played in his first real game and was never the same. He has been able to hang on as a back-up, but it was too bad injuries wrecked would could have been a good career. I remember when he was selected 1st he didn't talk about himself, but about the victims of the OK City bombing that took place just days before the draft. I really liked watching him during that '94 undefeated season and thought he just was a class act. :D

Brown may still pan out, but certainly didn't warrant the 1st pick. Hopefully, a change of scenery will do him well and he can be removed from this dubious list!

At least LJ looks like he will break the curse of the PSU RBs... :D