[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Over the years, which announcers

Swashbucklers

I liked the Jackson-Griese combo they had for college ball not that long ago. I don't mind Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, either, although Chris Collinsworth can lick my crack. I know it's unpopular, but I like Dierdorf, too.

Best pro crew to listen to is Gumble/Sims. Not terribly insightful, but reasonable.

I know a few of these may not be original but here's my picks-

1. Costas, I know he doesn't call footbal live, but I'd listen to him broadcast lawn darts. The guy is simply the best there is.

2. Summerall, I know he mispronounces names and is a bit slow. But he's timeless.

3. Gumbel/ Simms, Not an all time combo, but definately the best duo on Sundays currently.

4. Mike Patrick, ESPN. I think this guy's great. He's objective/fair/ and energetic. Theismann and McGuire blow, so Patrick gets missed I think.

5. Al Michaels, Madden is getting so bad I almost watch MNF with the mute on. Michaels is the man though. I'd like to see a Michaels/Aikman combo on MNF, and bring back Melissa Starks! :D

6. Verne Lundquist, Another classic voice. :D

The Scab list

1. Theismann (can't let go of the past)

2. Dierdorf (total friggin moron)

3. Collinsworth ( remembers himself as Jerry Rice clone )

4. Madden ( dementia is showing through )

5. Gifford (boring)

I know its not football related, but i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hubie Brown

Man the guy talks about basketball better than anyone else. He just knows how to play the game and how the game is played.

I hate it when announcers go into off the field stuff likfe 'last week so and so got arrested' bla bla bla.

Stick to the game, Hubie is the best at it. For football, I would say Madden. He talks football during football games.

As I posted yesterday, Melissa Stark.

Unpopular, but I liked Dennis Miller. He either made me laugh or laugh at myself for not getting his jokes. Intelligence should not be a reason to bash somebody...if anything, need to raise the level of viewers IQ.

Unpopular, but I like Collinsworth...and three emmys must mean he is doing something right.

Al Micahals. One word, Miracle.

:D

Unpopular, but I liked Dennis Miller.  He either made me laugh or laugh at myself for not getting his jokes.  Intelligence should not be a reason to bash somebody...if anything, need to raise the level of viewers IQ.

784986[/snapback]

Dennis Miller isn't smart, he's obtuse. It's not that I don't understand his references, it's just that a reference to 18th century French literature doesn't fit with football. He'd work for a week coming up with obscure references and then force them into the football commentary. It wasn't natural, it was pompous. That's not the same thing as intelligent.

Dennis Miller isn't smart, he's obtuse.  It's not that I don't understand his references, it's just that a reference to 18th century French literature doesn't fit with football.  He'd work for a week coming up with obscure references and then force them into the football commentary.  It wasn't natural, it was pompous.  That's not the same thing as intelligent.

785061[/snapback]

Agreed. Rush Limbaugh would have been more entertaining. I did like Dan Fouts however.

It is biased, because of the team. Paul Allen and Joe Censor (sp) call the Vikings games on the radio. Joe gets so passionate at times and Paul Allen just loves Minnesota sports. They are a lot of fun.

Nationally, I would have to say Aikman is very good, and I do like Collinsworth.

I think Simms calls a good game.I love Summerall.That voice on playstation will forver be etched in my brain.I also like Dick Enberg

Cosell and Meredeth are the all-time best. Meredeth got better as the game progressed. Howard was great doing the halftime highlights.

If you live in Flyer country, you gotta love, Gene Hart.

The best in football today is CBS radio's Howard David.

I liked Summerall back in his prime, especially when he was paired with

Madden. Now I think Al Michaels is hands down THE BEST.

It would have been interesting to have seen Michaels paired with Summerall

in his prime.

I don't know who does the Emmy voting but in my opinion, Collinsworth is

an idiot. He's a Bengals "homer" and he hates the Steelers. Anyone can see

that. Maguire is another idiot who got dropped on his head sometime in the

past and has never recovered. Sunday night crew sucks except for one.

Hint: he was replaced briefly by a now babbling Summerall.

This is rather easy, IMHO, nobody can touch the following:

Pat Summerall---Frank Gifford---and love him/hate him, Howard Cosell!! :D

784122[/snapback]

Keith Jackson

784207[/snapback]

There are quite a few I'd like to throw under the Horse Trailer. But on it:

1. Joe Buck

785475[/snapback]

:D