[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buchannon traded to Texans

Beaumont

Hmmmm...... I am not sure yet how I feel about this. I think Buchanon is a good young corner, but I really dont like being without a 2nd and a 3rd this year. With the CB depth in this years draft, I think they could have just used the 2nd rounder on one and brought him along under Glenn. But Buchanon is a proven player and by getting him and signing Reggie Swinton, maybe it will give the return game a needed boost. Sorta makes day one of draft a little boring, however.

Raiders are definitely IMO looking at all "D" positions at their first 3 picks...particularly when Woodson goes too...Raiders "O" could be very explosive ala Colts..but much like the Colts of last year..can the Raiders stop anyone from scoring this year???? :D

Having watched the Raiders play Denver on numerous occasions, I just don't remember Buchannon sticking out as a great player. As a matter of fact, I don't remember seeing him very much at all. I think he is over hyped. Houston might end up being dissappointed on this trade.

Hmmmm...... I am not sure yet how I feel about this.  I think Buchanon is a good young corner, but I really dont like being without a 2nd and a 3rd this year.  With the CB depth in this years draft, I think they could have just used the 2nd rounder on one and brought him along under Glenn.  But Buchanon is a proven player and by getting him and signing Reggie Swinton, maybe it will give the return game a needed boost.  Sorta makes day one of draft a little boring, however.

785795[/snapback]

Well, the Texans have been saying they needed to improve their secondary. I hope this does the trick. Looks like they have to go OL in the 1st round now.

Where is Mel Kiper yelling at the Bengals for taking Levi Jones instead of this guy now?  Disgruntled player who a team doesn't want anymore or a tough-as-they-come premiere left tackle.  F Kiper.

785798[/snapback]

I specifically remember Kiper blasting the team for taking Jones too high. "He shouldn't be picked for another 10 picks," was something like what Kiper said. Well, duh... the Bengals didn't pick for another 30+ picks... he was the guy they had rated highest. That kind of lack of logic is what drives me nuts about Kiper. That, and the complete lack of accountability.

i don't mind kiper's analysis generally, i actually find him to be pretty insightful sometimes. but he needs to realize he's just a f'n bystander. i doubt there are any teams out there lining up to give the guy the keys to their draft, and that says something. so when he rips into a team like he did when the bungles took jones, he looks like a complete ass.

Well, the Texans have been saying they needed to improve their secondary.  I hope this does the trick.  Looks like they have to go OL in the 1st round now.

786196[/snapback]

Yeah, they did need to address the secondary, just wasn't sure that this was the way to do it. But after mulling it over for a while, I am OK with this. But I am not so sure about the fact that they have to go OL with their first pick. I wouldnt mind letting the current O-line have one more year to gel.

Yeah, they did need to address the secondary, just wasn't sure that this was the way to do it.  But after mulling it over for a while, I am OK with this.  But I am not so sure about the fact that they have to go OL with their first pick.  I wouldnt mind letting the current O-line have one more year to gel.

786312[/snapback]

Well, I'd prefer 1st round OL pick to a RB pick. And it is at least conceivable that they could still go for a stud WR or a pass rushing DL in the 1st round, as those kinds of picks would add good value to the team.

Edited by yo mama

Just sorta was thinking about this, and realized that this really messes with KC's poker playing with Miami over Surtain...

Surtain > Buchannon

Surtain's contract < Buchannon's contract

Buchannon = 2nd and 3rd

Surtain = ??? now

for what it is worth,

as a result of ths trade, at least now kc will be forced to pay more than they were offering to mia for p. surtain (a much better player in IMO).

786360[/snapback]

lol...same thought at the same time...'cept you posted faster...lol...

Dont you have to take Sutain's age versus Buchannon's age into account?

786746[/snapback]

surtain will be 29 at the start of the season and buchannon will be 25 by week 2.

age is a good point but surtain has been the more healthy of the 2. thus his career could last longer.

PLUS, surtain is just outright better :D.

Hmmmm...... I am not sure yet how I feel about this.  I think Buchanon is a good young corner, but I really dont like being without a 2nd and a 3rd this year.  With the CB depth in this years draft, I think they could have just used the 2nd rounder on one and brought him along under Glenn.  But Buchanon is a proven player and by getting him and signing Reggie Swinton, maybe it will give the return game a needed boost.  Sorta makes day one of draft a little boring, however.

785795[/snapback]

I'd rather have Glenn mold the extremely talented Phillip instead of a rookie. Phillip has proven talent, the rookies dont

I'd rather have Glenn mold the extremely talented Phillip instead of a rookie. Phillip has proven talent, the rookies dont

787005[/snapback]

Uh, this really doesn't make any sense. Does any rookie have proven NFL talent? I mean they have proven college talent, but not as far as the pros go. That doesnt mean they wont succeed.