[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wet Dream

Kansas State 2000

1.30 - Matt Jones (TE-WR) Arkansas

2.30 - Corey Webster (CB) LSU

3.30 - Elton Brown (OL) Virginia

At first I didn't want the Steelers taking a risk on Matt Jones, but after reading more on Jones, I'm not sure it is much of a risk. If he is there, I hope the Steelers jump at the chance to bring in this fantastic athlete. Webster and Brown are extreme reaches to be there this late, but this is a "wet dream" scenario, so there you have it.

Do you mean Kevin Burnett, LB out of Tennessee?

786301[/snapback]

Whoops, yes I did. My typo. Thanks for catching that, Spain. Care to add any other Tennessean insight on him (besides his f'n name, lol)?

Peace

policy

1.7 - Cedric Benson RB - Texas

1.18 - Thomas Davis - S - Georgia

2.04 (From Tampa for Onterrio Smith) - Roddy White - WR - UAB

2.17 - Mike Nugent - K - Ohio State

786330[/snapback]

You want a kicker in the 2nd round? :bigshock:

Edited by Big John

Who has pick 2.10?  The Cowpokes or Lions?

786456[/snapback]

2nd Round

1(33) San Francisco 49ers

2(34) Cleveland Browns

3(35) Philadelphia Eagles

4(36) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

5(37) Tennessee Titans

6(38) Oakland Raiders

7(39) Chicago Bears

8(40) New Orleans Saints from Washington

9(41) Detroit Lions

10(42) Dallas Cowboys

Since this is "wet dream" world...KC only has to trade their 3rd rounder for Surtain...despite the fact that Buchannon yielded a 2nd and a 3rd...

I'd like to see:

1) A very good WR prospect

2) A pass-rushing DE

3) A fast linebacker who can also help stop the run

4) A offensive lineman with very good feet and quickness, or

5) Another very solid CB prospect

...therefore...

1.15 = Mark Clayton, WR ... or ... DeMarcus Ware, DE ... or ... Carlos Rogers, CB ... or ... Jamaal Brown, OL ... or ... Erasmus James (as a backup pick)

2.14 = Chris Henry, WR ... or ... Odell Thurman, LB ... or ... Matt Roth, DE ... or Evan Mathis, OG

4.116 = Adam Snyder, OG ... or ... Bill Swancutt, DE ... or ... Kirk Morrison, LB

Edited by muck

Hey, at least Kickers put points on the board. It's not like trading up for a punter. No team would ever do something that asinine.  :D

786740[/snapback]

You know I bashed Sherman from the moment he made that asinine move. :D:D

1.30 - Matt Jones (TE-WR) Arkansas

2.30 - Corey Webster (CB) LSU

3.30 - Elton Brown (OL) Virginia

At first I didn't want the Steelers taking a risk on Matt Jones, but after reading more on Jones, I'm not sure it is much of a risk.  If he is there, I hope the Steelers jump at the chance to bring in this fantastic athlete.  Webster and Brown are extreme reaches to be there this late, but this is a "wet dream" scenario, so there you have it.

786373[/snapback]

Nice collection -- very satisfactory, but not quite wet dream material ... tough to have wet dreams at pick 30. I'd thought Heath Miller for a bit, but now I tooo am intrigued by Matt Jones ... Webster would do -- or do you hold off and go for Daven Holly at CB later in the draft ... Elton Brown should be gone by 3.30 -- I wonder about Logan Mankins of Fresno at the OL, but I think if Pittsburgh is really to get either, they'll need to go 2.30 with them or trade up a bit in the 2nd.