[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders Trade Buchanon to Texans

spain

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3553906

Raiders trade disgruntled Buchanon to Texans

Story Tools: Print Email

Associated Press

Posted: 9 hours ago

The Oakland Raiders traded disgruntled cornerback Phillip Buchanon to the Houston Texans on Tuesday for two draft picks.

An NFL source with knowledge of the deal, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Oakland would receive a second-round and third-round pick in this weekend's NFL draft.

The teams hadn't officially announced the swap as of Tuesday night, but the Raiders had been trying to trade Buchanon in recent weeks. The team talked to the Washington Redskins about Buchanon.

Buchanon, the Raiders' first-round pick in 2002 out of Miami, publicly scrutinized the organization just four days before Oakland (5-11) ended another disappointing season with a home loss to Jacksonville.

At the time, Buchanon said he spoke with team personnel chief Michael Lombardi to express his desire to go elsewhere.

"The way I am feeling about the Raiders, I am not happy," Buchanon said. "I am just not happy with the organization right now. I am looking forward to a possible trade with somebody else."

A message left on Buchanon's cell phone went unreturned.

The Raiders also are looking to deal four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Woodson, who signed a $10.5 million tender in February as Oakland's franchise player.

Woodson, also the Raiders' franchise player last season, will receive a 20 percent raise over last year's salary of nearly $8.8 million.

Buchanon has 11 career interceptions, including four returned for touchdowns, in 36 games. He has averaged 11 yards per punt return with three TDs in three NFL seasons.

Last season, Buchanon had 50 tackles and three interceptions, one for a TD, in 14 games. He missed the final two games with a bruised tailbone

The Raiders selected Buchanon with the 17th overall pick in 2002.