[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions sign Kevin Johnson

BigTen

NICE. I vastly prefer this signing over Bradford; another hole filled. Now we just need ONE of the two young guns to stay healthy . . . and if both do, look out. This should put to rest any rumors of trading up for a WR, or taking Williamson, or anything like that.

MAN I can't wait for draft day.

Peace

policy

PV, you think they're going to be good this year? I'm still thinking 5-11 or so, but it seems that you have bigger expectations. Do tell.

786896[/snapback]

Let's review what the Lions have done this offseason:

* Added Jeff Garcia in case Harrington doesn't get it done

* Added Kevin Johnson in case either of the young WRs don't get healthy, and as a great 3rd if they do

* Added Marcus Pollard, the first time Joey has a reliable veteran pair of hands

* Added Rick DeMulling, nailing down the interior of the OL

* Added Kenoy Kennedy, giving them a hitter with speed and attitude at the safety spot

Additionally, the Lions will get Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Dre' Bly, Fernando Bryant, and Boss Bailey back at 100%. And, after all this, with an entire draft of picking 10th yet to go, you think they'll do WORSE than they did last year?? Are you nuts? On paper, the Lions are more solid, top-to-bottom, than they've been since '91. Even if Millen fails to have his usual excellent draft, and even if the injury bug takes its usual bite out of the Lions, this is a playoff team, no question IMO. If they fail to make the playoffs with this talent, Mooch and Millen are both out the door.

Peace

policy

Let's review what the Lions have done this offseason:

* Added Jeff Garcia in case Harrington doesn't get it done

* Added Kevin Johnson in case either of the young WRs don't get healthy, and as a great 3rd if they do

* Added Marcus Pollard, the first time Joey has a reliable veteran pair of hands

* Added Rick DeMulling, nailing down the interior of the OL

* Added Kenoy Kennedy, giving them a hitter with speed and attitude at the safety spot

Additionally, the Lions will get Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Dre' Bly, Fernando Bryant, and Boss Bailey back at 100%.  And, after all this, with an entire draft of picking 10th yet to go, you think they'll do WORSE than they did last year??  Are you nuts?  On paper, the Lions are more solid, top-to-bottom, than they've been since '91.  Even if Millen fails to have his usual excellent draft, and even if the injury bug takes its usual bite out of the Lions, this is a playoff team, no question IMO.  If they fail to make the playoffs with this talent, Mooch and Millen are both out the door.

Peace

policy

786927[/snapback]

Patiently awaiting the mocking from Guy India. :D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Kevin Johnson?!? OMG! So much for the Vikings running to the division crown. This guy will kill the Vikings new secondary!  :D

786914[/snapback]

Well, hey, the Lions have to have some answer on offense, what with Sam Cowart going sideline-to-sideline and shutting down Kevin Jones! :D

Peace

policy

Well, hey, the Lions have to have some answer on offense, what with Sam Cowart going sideline-to-sideline and shutting down Kevin Jones!  :D

Peace

policy

786932[/snapback]

Besides, Fat Pat will keep KJ stuffed behind the line. He'll never make it up the field to Cowart. :D

Could he be worse than Claiborne or Henderson?  :D

786933[/snapback]

One thing to kid about worrying about K. Johnson, but Claiborne? We could put K. Jones in a potato sack, run right at Claiborne and he'd miss tackling him..... Over-rated, over weight wanna be linebacker. Didn't he go somewhere else now?

Ick, three former Ravens WRs now grace the rosters of the Vikings and Lions.  Green Bay and Chicago corners must be so scared.

787644[/snapback]

Well, now Kevin Johnson doesn't have the craptacular Kyle Boeller throwing him the ball. He has Joey Harr... oh, never mind.

Well, now Kevin Johnson doesn't have the craptacular Kyle Boeller throwing him the ball.  He has Joey Harr... oh, never mind.

787693[/snapback]

I can't see how everyone thinks Heap is a stud TE but that it's Bollers reason the WRs put up bad numbers.

This just in, our WRs have sucked. Except for Clarence Moore (2nd year, jury is still out), our system has produced Quadry Ismail (feel free to laugh).

If Boller sucks this year, I'll see everyones point. Who wouldn't have sucked throwing to Travis Taylor, Kevin Johnson, Frank Sanders and Ron Johnson?

Add up the fact that Boller missed half of his first year and Heap missed more than half his second and you can see that Boller has had absolutely nothing to throw to. Marcus Robinson was not put into the lineup until after Boller was hurt.

I can't see how everyone thinks Heap is a stud TE but that it's Bollers reason the WRs put up bad numbers.

787750[/snapback]

Boller sucked coming out of college. If you saw him play, you knew this was coming.

Peace

policy

Boller sucked coming out of college.  If you saw him play, you knew this was coming.

Peace

policy

787978[/snapback]

That could very possibly be true, however I'd like to see him play with the team as it is now instead of the WR washouts he's had before I make up my mind and close the books on him.