[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vrabel is gone

Randall

He says it ok that Moss walked off the field during the game when that is obviously quitting on his team.  But bashed Clarett for quitting a Combine workout.  Which is worse.  F'n hippocrit.  Then he says if Castillo took Steroids just once he cheated other prospects in the draft of 1st place money, but says supplements are ok.  Andro was the supplement Castillo was using to heal an injury to get ready for the combine.  He never tested for any steriod during his career at Northwestern.  I got to sayI used to think highly of this guy, but listening to him speak, and contradict himself all over the place I think hes a F'n moron.

792093[/snapback]

Matter-of-fact, wasn't Andro THE steroid Castillo tested positive for? Everyone was just saying steroid because that's how the NFL classifies it, right? Or did I hear Chris Mortensen, et. al. wrong?

If no body agreed with what Vrabel was saying, then no one would have traded for him (moss). Sure it's the raiders, but the trade was mostly about there needing to be a change in minny. Vrabel said that it wasn't a good thing to walk off of the field before the game was over, but when all is said and done, you want the guy running the "go route" down the right sideline. I think a lot of people agree with him. I like Trent Green, but I think he was overstating the undependability of randy moss on the football field. There are more Trent Greens in the league than there randy moss', so the league is fine character wise. There's room for a few a-holes....

If no body agreed with what Vrabel was saying, then no one would have traded for him (moss).  Sure it's the raiders, but the trade was mostly about there needing to be a change in minny.  Vrabel said that it wasn't a good thing to walk off of the field before the game was over, but when all is said and done, you want the guy running the "go route" down the right sideline.  I think a lot of people agree with him.  I like Trent Green, but I think he was overstating the undependability of randy moss on the football field.  There are more Trent Greens in the league than there randy moss', so the league is fine character wise.  There's room for a few a-holes....

793885[/snapback]

Agree completely. I like that Vrabel didn't just play it safe and be another Trent Green. By the way what the fk has Trent Green ever won anyway? Moss is the WR you want going down the sideline and is arguably the biggest gamebreaker in the NFL. Am I worried that Randy Moss is going to cause some internal conflicts? Maybe, but that will all pass when he lights up the Bronco's/Chief's/Chargers secondary's...........

It wasn't just the Randy Moss issue that Vrabel looked like an a** on. He was inconsistent on whatever position he was trying to take(I still don't know what they were)when he talks about not caring too much if Moss walks off the field because he 'produces'. Then he blasts Clarett as a quitter because(not really going out on a limb here) he didn't finish up at the combine. Last time I checked the combine is no bench mark for 'production' on the field. On the field, the last game Clarett played he helped greatly to produce a National title. On the Castillo point Vrabel says he cheated the system and stole money from other players by taking the andro. Castillo was up front with all 32 teams as to his testing positive and then it fell to them as to how to handle it. Obviously SD decided it mattered little. Without having sat down with Castillo and have him admit that he played the NFLs steroid policy Vrabel has no idea what his real motives were other than to heal fast enough to partake in the combine. ESPN recognized Vrabel as a rambling showboat and kicked him to the curb. He also was pretty dismissive of Cornell and Weiss contributions with his "they never put the pads on"comment. Your coaches are the brains Vrabel not you and by opening your pie-hole you proved that even more.

It wasn't just the Randy Moss issue that Vrabel looked like an a** on. He was inconsistent on whatever position he was trying to take(I still don't know what they were)when he talks about not caring too much if Moss walks off the field because he 'produces'. Then he blasts Clarett as a quitter because(not really going out on a limb here) he didn't finish up at the combine. Last time I checked the combine is no bench mark for 'production' on the field. On the field, the last game Clarett played he helped greatly to produce a National title. On the Castillo point Vrabel says he cheated the system and stole money from other players by taking the andro. Castillo was up front with all 32 teams as to his testing positive and then it fell to them as to how to handle it. Obviously SD decided it mattered little. Without having sat down with Castillo and have him admit that he played the NFLs steroid policy Vrabel has no idea what his real motives were other than to heal fast enough to partake in the combine. ESPN recognized Vrabel as a rambling showboat and kicked him to the curb. He also was pretty dismissive of Cornell and Weiss contributions with his "they never put the pads on"comment. Your coaches are the brains Vrabel not you and by opening your pie-hole you proved that even more.

794675[/snapback]

Comparing Clarett to Moss isn't fair. Moss has proved his worth on the field in the NFL for 7 years now. Clarett needed to prove he is even worth being drafted. He needed to finish up the combine. Big difference.

As far as steroids I am suspect of every professional anything. Golfers, badminton, ping pong they're all juiced. I don't pay attention to any of their comments. I'm watching Gary Plummer on tv narc out 2 offensive lineman about shooting up and he's acting like he's in total shock that it happened. Yeah I'm sure he just stood there like a 3 year old kid with his mouth opened while they shot each other up.

And the comments about the coaches is right. They don't suit up. For all the respect the Patriot coaches get they don't make the plays, they just put together the gameplan. I guess you have forgotten that Belichik coached the Browns for 5 years and he only had 1 winning season. Let's see how well Romeo Crennel does with the Browns this year. Whose fault will it be if they flop again this year? The coach or the players who are out on the field............

Edited by phenom

Comparing Clarett to Moss isn't fair.  Moss has proved his worth on the field in the NFL for 7 years now.  Clarett needed to prove he is even worth being drafted.  He needed to finish up the combine.  Big difference.

794819[/snapback]

I think they are very similiar. Clarett proved his worth on the field. Leading his team to the national championship. Then he quit on them. And he quit at the combine after running a poor time.

Who else quit and left the field why his team was still playing? Randy Moss. By his actions this season, even questioning his coaches ability to lead during the final weeks of the season, Randy Moss showed he had quit on the Vikings.

I don't see how he could have opposite views on similiar situations.

Edited by CaptainHook

Vrabel was talking to hear his own voice. Pure and simple. He'd get going and not even remember what his original point was or if he even had one. Being Super Bowl champs 2 out of the last 3 years made him brilliant. Also,since Belichik coached the Browns and they were bad the answer is pretty simple......anybody could have coached New England these past few seasons and with the talents and brains and reasoning abilities of the Vrabels of the world they still would have won.

I'd be pretty shocked if the orginization didn't go ahead and axe about 80% of the remaining coaching staff and just name Vrabel special consultant on.....well,hell everything!! With the ultra talented roster they field,coaches are pretty much there just to fill out the camera shots of the side line.

Hopefully sometime soon 20/20 or some other show will sit down with Vrabel and find out who really shot Kennedy and why......where Osama is........how to get gas prices down.......and how to cure cancer because I'm pretty sure he knows all of this. Anybody who objectively watched this guy prattle on last saturday and can honestly say they agree with what he said is that guy who sits at the end of the bar alone......telling everybody else why he is better than them.

Phenom. The love fest that your showing Moss now that he's a Raider is killing me. Yeah, he has the skills no doubt. But he is a cancer. He was in Minny and soon enough he will be in Oakland. With guys like Randy, it's not if, it's when.

Obviously ESPN agreed Vrabel was a complete joke and booted his ass to the curb aftetr sounding like a complete idiot every time he opened his mouth.

794890[/snapback]

I was laughing at his remarks on Saturday. He's a good football player but that's where it ends.

My closing remarks on this subject to Mr Vrabel were best voiced by one Ray Charles Leonard(Sugar Ray,to some) back in the 80s before his first fight with Thomas'The Motor City Cobra'Hearns-

As Hearns stuttered and mumbled at a press conference Leonard spoke these words "Somebody take the microphone away from him before he hurts himself." Well said Ray....well said.

Edited by Tyler Rose

Agree completely.  I like that Vrabel didn't just play it safe and be another Trent Green.  By the way what the fk has Trent Green ever won anyway?  Moss is the WR you want going down the sideline and is arguably the biggest gamebreaker in the NFL.  Am I worried that Randy Moss is going to cause some internal conflicts?  Maybe, but that will all pass when he lights up the Bronco's/Chief's/Chargers secondary's...........

794588[/snapback]

and moss has won what????

Phenom. The love fest that your showing Moss now that he's a Raider is killing me. Yeah, he has the skills no doubt. But he is a cancer. He was in Minny and soon enough he will be in Oakland. With guys like Randy, it's not if, it's when.

794897[/snapback]

I have always been a Moss fan. Check it........

This is Randy's first significant injury his whole career.  If I can get Moss I will take him over quite a few so called stud RB's...........

545492[/snapback]

Playmaker.  He is not one of the best WR's in the game he is the best.  Even with double coverage he makes plays.  Minnesota's offense has ground to a crawl after being devastating earlier.  Minnesota was lucky to get the offense they did.  If Culpepper wasn't so strong and mobile to create playoff's off of Indy's blitz package they wouldn't have gotten anything done. 

IMO Moss' playmaking sets up the decoys and opens it up for the rest of the offense.  It also keeps Randy's head in the game when he is involved.  Throw Randy a few deep fly routes early on in the game, I'm talking like on the first drive and if they connect, the defense is out of sync for the rest of the game............

544326[/snapback]

The most dominant player is Randy Moss hands down he is the only player that changes defenses by himself.  Minnesota won last week but you notice Culpeppers stats were way down.

525362[/snapback]

But year to year Culpepper and Manning have been consistent similar to Moss, Harrison and Owens (even though Harrison is having a down year but I expected that because Edge is back and finally healthy enough to dominate 4th quarters).  You can count on these guys week to week to put up big numbers regardless of opponent.  It's like cruise control you don't even play matchups you know they're producing................

483870[/snapback]

Agree.  Most consistent WR, which IMO translates to best WR.

Now the most explosive, talented WR?  Randy Moss.........

34022[/snapback]

and moss has won what????

794940[/snapback]

Moss isn't on tv making the comments Green did.

Green came off high and mighty like he knows what kind of players you need to build around when he hasn't won anything.

Bottom line is Green's opinion is the popular one that majority will support.

Vrabel's opinion run's counter to what people think of for team oriented sports.

The funny thing is Vrabel is on the team where everyone thinks that New England is some kind of football heaven where everyone gets along and they have great character guys. That's funny when Corey Dillon has been labeled a malcontent and Rodney Harrison was known as a dirty cheap shot player. (Ironically for the well publicized hit on Trent Green where he ruined his season and allowed Kurt Warner to take over at QB.)

That's not the case. It is not possible to have 53 guys, who know how to play good football and they are all good citizens. If the people here are naive enough to believe the newspaper writeups that the Patriots have no internal issues well so be it. They just hide their dirt better. But anyone who has ever had to work with a large group of people know there are always a few headcases on every team...........

I have always been a Moss fan.  Check it........

794942[/snapback]

Hey that's cool. But I still think he's a cancer and i don't believe that the Raiders have the management in place to keep him under control and eventually he will leave the same bad taste in Oakland that he did in Minny. It's only a matter of time.

Hey that's cool. But I still think he's a cancer and i don't believe that the Raiders have the management in place to keep him under control and eventually he will leave the same bad taste in Oakland that he did in Minny. It's only a matter of time.

794994[/snapback]

I mean you're right about Moss he is disruptive and he could turn out to be like some other Raider cancers like Mcglockton, C.Woodson and Darrell Russell. But I like the move to acquire Moss. He gives the Raiders an intimidating presence on the field that they haven't had in a while. And we all know that Al Davis isn't that concerned about players with those A type personalities.

It's funny that at my job I have to preach teamwork to the younger guys at my job and looking out for each other. And if the Raiders could get Marvin Harrison or Hines Ward I'd be happy for that too. But Moss' talent is so great that I believe that it's worth the risk.

Just because Moss is a Raider I will be honest in how he performs. That blind homer stuff is sickening. If Moss turns out to be the worst headcase then I'll say it too............