[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did the Draft ............

Shotgun Messiahs

Did the Draft take seem longer this year or is it me? I think every team in the 1st round used there whole 15 minutes.

792318[/snapback]

Indeed. Maybe it was the lack of premier players creating "obvious" choices ... maybe it was a ton of behind the scenes trade talks that rarely materialized ... maybe they were just trying to get Suzy more air time. LET'S PICK UP THE PACE A BIT, GENTLEMEN!!!

There's no good reason it should take so long.  After the first five picks, the time should decrease to 10 minutes.  If you're drafting after five, it's pretty easy to see what's coming and make plans accordingly.

792541[/snapback]

That is unless of course you are not a casual fan watching the draft, but rather someone in the 'war room'. I don't think that anyone except those who are drafting know what all is going on.

As for being closest to the longest draft in history.....well....there are more than ever.

Did the Draft take seem longer this year or is it me? I think every team in the 1st round used there whole 15 minutes.

792318[/snapback]

It's you.

:D

I was upset because I had some things I had to do on Saturday, so I tivo'ed the draft. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, I basically just didn't answer the phone all day so I had no idea who got drafted where and then watched the first round in about 2 hours just by skipping a lot of the worthless 'filler' time. I think this will be my new way to watch the draft.

That is unless of course you are not a casual fan watching the draft, but rather someone in the 'war room'.  I don't think that anyone except those who are drafting know what all is going on.

792549[/snapback]

Agreed...no trades actually took place until well after the first 5 picks.