[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers Homers

Jumpin Johnies

I was originally dissapointed with the Thomas Davis selection, but after finding out more about the guy I'm pretty excited about the kid. He should become an outstanding playmaker for us. I was hoping that we'd take Khalif Barnes in round 2 and was not happy about us strecthing on Shelton. I heard that we got a steal on both Mathis and LeFors. I was dissapointed that we didn't take Hawthorne in the fifth. Do you guys know more about our other picks?

Jumpin Johnies I see you are making fun of or new running back Cadillac Williams. Quoting him like that. I can't wait to quote the Panther's head coach Fox when Cadillac dominates you guys this year. Furthermore I'm going to have to ask you to eat a man's ding dong.

Jumpin Johnies I see you are making fun of or new running back Cadillac Williams. Quoting him like that. I can't wait to quote the Panther's head coach Fox when Cadillac dominates you guys this year. Furthermore I'm going to have to ask you to eat a man's ding dong.

793601[/snapback]

Are you kidding me with that avatar?

That WAS pretty funny when Cadillac said that about his bet with Ronnie Brown.

I really liked the Davis and Shelton picks.  I don't know about Lefors, but really like the whole backstory there!

793776[/snapback]

Do You know much about our later round picks?

No I am not Kidding. and how did that man's ding dong taste?

794209[/snapback]

I hope you were kidding when you sent me this pm:

TimD Hello, 4/21/05 02:02pm

Veteran

Group: Members

Member No.: 10,028

Hi, I'm just sending everyone a PM to introduce myself. So send me a PM whenever you would like. Hopefully when can talk some football real soon.

[ Add to Buddies ]

You're a joke TimD and an embarassment to guys like TimC, TimB and TimA.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

You're obviously a disturbed person TimD.

794213[/snapback]

your right I am. so please don't make fun of my newly drafted running back that's going to rip through your defense and push Thomas Davis on the ground. and that's only if he plays. Go Bucs Go Bucs :D

your right I am. so please don't make fun of my newly drafted running back that's going to rip through your defense and push Thomas Davis on the ground. and that's only if he plays. Go Bucs Go Bucs :D

794219[/snapback]

I guess we're gonna have to wait and see Timothy.

I will stay out of the little brew ha ha with Tim D and simply comment on our draft.

I was not that excited about J. Brown, who was on the top of their board until the Saints moved up to get him. I had heard more pub on D. Johnson and was very surprised to have the pick Davis. As I watched the highlight clips on him, I started getting excited about this picks. They loved his tackling and playmaking ability. I think there were also happy to give the D some flexibility to play him at OLB to replace Fields (if he doesn't play) or have him join the new and improved secondary.

Shelton was a TD machine and with our shortcomings in the red zone, he gives us a RB option to plow thru the D and get the TD. Could have a bigger role if S. Davis is not able to play this season.

I like the Evan Mathis who should help out the OL and gives Fox the ability to move him over to C should Mitchell get hurt. A spot of concern going into FA and the draft should be much improved with the recent additions of Wahle and Mathis.

I like the trade to move into the later part of the 3rd to grab Ellison to shore up the DL, knowing the Bruckner is getting a old. He should make the DL rotation to spell BB and could be a potential starter in a few years. Many "experts" remarked they were surprised he was still on the board that late.

LeFors could be a steal in the 4th round as I think he could come in and take over the backup spot behind Jake. I have heard a few Cardinals fan stay that he is a very good QB with very good accuracy and can run when needed. I think Weinke is out of favor with the coaches and LeFors has a real shot to be the backup.

I think Seward projects as a special teams player, while had heard Jovan Haye could be another terrific pick early in the 6th.

Overall, I rank the draft about a B+ and think that both Davis and Mathis will wind up as starters and guys like Shelton and LeFors provide needed depth at QB and RB. :D

After several very good drafts over the past few years I trust Hurney and Fox to bring in new talent each year to keep our team competitive for the long haul! :D

I will stay out of the little brew ha ha with Tim D and simply comment on our draft.

I was not that excited about J. Brown, who was on the top of their board until the Saints moved up to get him.  I had heard more pub on D. Johnson and was very surprised to have the pick Davis.  As I watched the highlight clips on him, I started getting excited about this picks.  They loved his tackling and playmaking ability.  I think there were also happy to give the D some flexibility to play him at OLB to replace Fields (if he doesn't play) or have him join the new and improved secondary.

Shelton was a TD machine and with our shortcomings in the red zone, he gives us a RB option to plow thru the D and get the TD.  Could have a bigger role if S. Davis is not able to play this season.

I like the Evan Mathis who should help out the OL and gives Fox the ability to move him over to C should Mitchell get hurt.  A spot of concern going into FA and the draft should be much improved with the recent additions of Wahle and Mathis.

I like the trade to move into the later part of the 3rd to grab Ellison to shore up the DL, knowing the Bruckner is getting a old.  He should make the DL rotation to spell BB and could be a potential starter in a few years.  Many "experts" remarked they were surprised he was still on the board that late.

LeFors could be a steal in the 4th round as I think he could come in and take over the backup spot behind Jake.  I have heard a few Cardinals fan stay that he is a very good QB with very good accuracy and can run when needed.  I think Weinke is out of favor with the coaches and LeFors has a real shot to be the backup.

I think Seward projects as a special teams player, while had heard Jovan Haye could be another terrific pick early in the 6th.

Overall, I rank the draft about a B+ and think that both Davis and Mathis will wind up as starters and guys like Shelton and LeFors provide needed depth at QB and RB.  :D

After several very good drafts over the past few years I trust Hurney and Fox to bring in new talent each year to keep our team competitive for the long haul!  :D

794261[/snapback]

Thanks for the info PSU. :D I didn't know much about some of these guys but I now have a comfort level with these picks. Thanks for the insightful post. Let's go Panthers!

I hope you were kidding when you sent me this pm:

TimD Hello, 4/21/05 02:02pm 

Veteran

Group: Members

Member No.: 10,028

Hi, I'm just sending everyone a PM to introduce myself. So send me a PM whenever you would like. Hopefully when can talk some football real soon. 

[ Add to Buddies ] 

You're a joke TimD and an embarassment to guys like TimC, TimB and TimA.

794218[/snapback]

and i thought i was the only special one :D