[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the cowboys are.......

crispirons

Maybe all the guys who didn't get drafted could chip in and get Merriman a card or a bouquet or something. What a bunch of meanies down there in Dallas! I hope no-one tries teasing Merriman while he's playing...he'd probably tattle to the ref. "Hey ref! Number 78 called me a stinker!" :violin:

:D Gosh, to think I wanted my Cowboys to draft that creampuff. About an hour before the draft I saw him get biitched for an entire hilight real by Heath Miller. He thinks Heath Miller is tough, I'm sure he'll love Jason Whitten. At least Braylon Edwards said he had no problem with what Saban did floating him as the #2 he said something about it increasing other teams' interest in him. That's classy.

Dallas better hope it is not the Randy Moss Syndrome...Randy destroys  the cowboys and plays ever play against that crappy team.

795204[/snapback]

The Cowboys play the Chargers about once every 6 years or so...I'm sure their real concerned :D

How did you like the Skins draft?? Just wondering...snicker..teehee..snicker.

795962[/snapback]

I liked it. other than not getting Mike Williams with the 9th pick. but we got a good corner so whatever. And I guess Dallas's Offense is so good they didn't need to draft on that side of the ball. snicker..teehee..snicker. Back to the tailgate with you.

I liked it. other than not getting Mike Williams with the 9th pick. but we got a good corner so whatever. And I guess Dallas's Offense is so good they didn't need to draft on that side of the ball. snicker..teehee..snicker. Back to the tailgate with you.

795976[/snapback]

The Skins proved last year that a good defense can keep you in a game. With the draft and the free agent pick ups, the Cowboys D should be a top ten unit, if not higher and with Jones and Witten and a healthy Glenn and Keyshawn, the offense should score enough to win 10 games, which in a weak NFC should get you in the playoffs. As far as the tailgate goes...I can talk football, even if I'm only a Cowboy's fan :D

My question to this whole thing is this. If it was a “red herring” action by the Cowboys, why would they have invested all the time and money flying him in multiple times and open talks with his agent? All the pre-draft rumors here in San Diego had him a lock to go to the Cowboys. This is the guy that the Bolts really coveted but had pretty much decided to go in a different direction because they were sure he wouldn’t be there. How long did it take the Chargers to make their pick? 2 seconds (yes and exaggeration, but he was their guy for their system)? Who above them were the Cowboys going to fool by doing what they did? Do you think anyone at 1 through 11 would have taken Ware knowing the Cowboys wanted him? Their pick, Ware, was not going to fall to them at 20 so there was no chance that they were trying to sneak him at a later pick.

The other thing that makes you wonder is the role of his agent. Merriman’s agent obviously did not expect this either or he would have prepared him for this as a possible outcome. The pick by Dallas was a shock to many people. I am not sure how much, though there is some, ego involved. There was clearly more contact with him than what is considered usual.

I can see how the young man feels slighted and is irritated by what happened. What will determine if he is just another spoiled athlete or not will be how he handles the situation from now on. If this remains an issue throughout his career, yeah, he is a bonehead and it will just get boring. If he drops it and moves on with his career and excels while being a good character guy (which AJ Smith says he is), well then there may be some merit to his initial irritation.

If I was told, “You are my guy!” and you start to plan, expect and get excited about that, and then suddenly “they” choose someone else, I would be a little POed too. Like I said, I think the criticism I see in some of these posts will be warranted if this issue is kept alive by him. Until then, I think there is a little too much “piling on” (when is the last time you’ve seen that one called?), and we need to give the kid a break over some comments made to the local media of the team that enthusiastically drafted him. I am sure ther will be some extra motivation in week one and this will resurface in the press for this week one nationally telivised game. At the very least, it could make for some interesting Bulliten board material.

He has expressed nothing but excitement and appreciation about coming to San Diego and has already made plans to start becoming a part of this community. I can also see how his self-assuredness will irritate other people. Remember, it isn’t bragging if you can back it up. I hope, as a Charger fan, he can back up his self-confidence, but only time will tell. If he can’t, but the mouth keeps going, he won’t be in San Diego very long. AJ Smith doesn’t put up with that type of element.

That is why Wiley was playing end for the Cowboys. I guess they don’t mind all mouth and no show.

Dallas better hope it is not the Randy Moss Syndrome...Randy destroys  the cowboys and plays ever play against that crappy team.

795204[/snapback]

Cowboys and Chargers, season opener, in San Diego. And after the Cowboys ruin the Charger's season opener, it's off to Oakland a few weeks later to kick Moss and the Raiders a$$.

I get to be there for all the Cowboy's West Coast games this year.

:D:D:D:D

San Diego

San Francisco

Oakland

Seattle

:D:D:D:D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Cowboys and Chargers, season opener, in San Diego.  And after the Cowboys ruin the Charger's season opener, it's off to Oakland a few weeks later to kick Moss and the Raiders a$$.

I get to be there for all the Cowboy's West Coast games this year.

:D  :D  :D  :D

San Diego   

San Francisco

Oakland       

Seattle         

:D  :D  :D  :D

797185[/snapback]

Good luck with that my friend. I hope you don't return home from those games drunk and depressed. I'd say three of those games you might just be doing that.

My question to this whole thing is this.  If it was a “red herring” action by the Cowboys, why would they have invested all the time and money flying him in multiple times and open talks with his agent?  All the pre-draft rumors here in San Diego had him a lock to go to the Cowboys.  This is the guy that the Bolts really coveted but had pretty much decided to go in a different direction because they were sure he wouldn’t be there.  How long did it take the Chargers to make their pick?  2 seconds (yes and exaggeration, but he was their guy for their system)?  Who above them were the Cowboys going to fool by doing what they did?  Do you think anyone at 1 through 11 would have taken Ware knowing the Cowboys wanted him? Their pick, Ware, was not going to fall to them at 20 so there was no chance that they were trying to sneak him at a later pick.

The other thing that makes you wonder is the role of his agent.  Merriman’s agent obviously did not expect this either or he would have prepared him for this as a possible outcome.  The pick by Dallas was a shock to many people.  I am not sure how much, though there is some, ego involved.  There was clearly more contact with him than what is considered usual. 

I can see how the young man feels slighted and is irritated by what happened.  What will determine if he is just another spoiled athlete or not will be how he handles the situation from now on.  If this remains an issue throughout his career, yeah, he is a bonehead and it will just get boring.  If he drops it and moves on with his career and excels while being a good character guy (which AJ Smith says he is), well then there may be some merit to his initial irritation.

If I was told, “You are my guy!” and you start to plan, expect and get excited about that, and then suddenly “they” choose someone else, I would be a little POed too.  Like I said, I think the criticism I see in some of these posts will be warranted if this issue is kept alive by him.  Until then, I think there is a little too much “piling on” (when is the last time you’ve seen that one called?), and we need to give the kid a break over some comments made to the local media of the team that enthusiastically drafted him.  I am sure ther will be some extra motivation in week one and this will resurface in the press for this week one nationally telivised game.  At the very least, it could make for some interesting Bulliten board material.

He has expressed nothing but excitement and appreciation about coming to San Diego and has already made plans to start becoming a part of this community.  I can also see how his self-assuredness will irritate other people.  Remember, it isn’t bragging if you can back it up.  I hope, as a Charger fan, he can back up his self-confidence, but only time will tell.  If he can’t, but the mouth keeps going, he won’t be in San Diego very long.  AJ Smith doesn’t put up with that type of element.

That is why Wiley was playing end for the Cowboys.  I guess they don’t mind all mouth and no show.

796039[/snapback]

Wiley hadnt been good since his days in Buffalo, and SD kept him around several yrs. Dallas thought he just wanted out of that hell hole and gave him a shot. 1 yr and booted his arse to the curb. TB was considering Ware at 1.5, and even Cleveland at 1.3 from what I read if Edwards went to Miami, and Chicago took Cadillac. The point is other teams didnt try and get in front of Dallas to get Ware thinking they were targeting him, more than the teams in front of them actually taking him. I also heard Houston really wanted Ware and was considering trading up to take him, but never thought Dallas was that hot on him, so they didnt. Instead they ended up trading down when Ware was gone.

Dallas did what every team does except Washington who actually leaks who they really want to take. This is a non story imo, and if hes happy in SD, good for him. But he wasnt wanted in Dallas, and Dallas would have taken Spears over him if Ware was gone at 1.11 from what JJ and Parcells are saying. So there was really little chance they really had much interest in Merriman at all. but nobody jumped in front of them to get the guy Dallas really wanted, and Spears fell to them at 1.20. So overall a very succesful draft in Dallas.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan