[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk about extreme!

BigTen

Somebody intent on being a professional football player would still try to make it as an undrafted FA. Sounds like his heart's not in it anymore.

Somebody intent on being a professional football player would still try to make it as an undrafted FA. Sounds like his heart's not in it anymore.

792855[/snapback]

And exactly how often does that happen ... undrafted FA's go on to have productive careers?

Sounds like he has a realistic outlook on his situation

And exactly how often does that happen ... undrafted FA's go on to have productive careers?

Sounds like he has a realistic outlook on his situation

792948[/snapback]

I don't have the stats in front of me, but it seems to happen more than you'd think. As an example, a TE named Gates comes to mind. :D

With the Football pedigree, i am sure this kid could eventually work his way onto a team, if his heart is in it.

I'm sure for every ONE you can name that made it I can find 20 that did not.

793009[/snapback]

It's an uphill battle for sure. Munoz is obviously not willing to fight in the battle anymore. :D

Perhaps it has nothing to do with his "heart" and more to do with his brain. Perhaps he has weighed the odds and decided that instead of wasting the next several years of his life trying to make it in the NFL it's time to move on with his life. Perhaps he doesn't want to make it in the NFL only because of his "pedigree".

I find no fault with his decision, especially since I don't his motivations (and neither do you).

Did you watch the draft?  Read my sig.

793040[/snapback]

Tried to watch the draft, but the heavy rain and fog ws screwing up the DTV signal. Then the power went out for about 4 hours, so I couldn't even follow it online. :D Must have missed that quote though. :D

It could also be that he's embarrassed and is trying (somehow) to save face...not that drawing attention to an uncomfortable situation is a good way to save face, mind you...

Maybe he's also hoping to have some personnel people call him and say, "No, Anthony, DON'T quit...we NEEEEEED you." ... or somthing ...

Tooooo bad they had to call a press conference and not just let the kid walk away if that's what he wanted to do. Hey, if you're heart's not in it -- go do something you enjoy ... my guess is that if his heart was this close to "not in it", that's why nobody spent even a 7th rounder on it ... Here's hoping he studied in school and didn't just enjoy the free $100,000 ride without ever going to class.

This is big news in Cincy. I feel bad for the family. The pre-draft word was he would be a 4th or 5th round pick at the latest. But the injury worries obviously got the better of him. Too bad. Tough guy, good kid.

This "heart's not in it" stuff is way off base. There was more than a couple nice features pre-draft on how he was training hard and looking forward to a shot. The Munoz family is well connected in the NFL. If there was a possible spot for him, they would have explored it, IMO.

This is big news in Cincy.  I feel bad for the family.  The pre-draft word was he would be a 4th or 5th round pick at the latest.  But the injury worries obviously got the better of him.  Too bad. Tough guy, good kid. 

This "heart's not in it" stuff is way off base.  There was more than a couple nice features pre-draft on how he was training hard and looking forward to a shot.  The Munoz family is well connected in the NFL.  If there was a possible spot for him, they would have explored it, IMO.

793317[/snapback]

:D How sad. Thanks for the insight! :D

This is big news in Cincy.  I feel bad for the family.  The pre-draft word was he would be a 4th or 5th round pick at the latest.  But the injury worries obviously got the better of him.  Too bad. Tough guy, good kid. 

This "heart's not in it" stuff is way off base.  There was more than a couple nice features pre-draft on how he was training hard and looking forward to a shot.  The Munoz family is well connected in the NFL.  If there was a possible spot for him, they would have explored it, IMO.

793317[/snapback]

What were the injuries? Must have been serious if teams weren't willing to take a late flyer.

Knee and shoulder.  Major surgeries from what I read.  Especially the knee.

793348[/snapback]

Wasn't it a knee injury that ended his dad's career??

Tooooo bad they had to call a press conference and not just let the kid walk away if that's what he wanted to do.  Hey, if you're heart's not in it -- go do something you enjoy ... my guess is that if his heart was this close to "not in it", that's why nobody spent even a 7th rounder on it ... Here's hoping he studied in school and didn't just enjoy the free $100,000 ride without ever going to class.

793281[/snapback]

are you serious? free ride? The kid got his BS a year early in poli sci and has already completed a year of his master's. He's on a 25,000 a year fellowship for his masters. why do people have to question other people's integrity?

are you serious?  free ride?  The kid got his BS a year early in poli sci and has already completed a year of his master's.  He's on a 25,000 a year fellowship for his masters.  why do people have to question other people's integrity?

793371[/snapback]

Human nature.