[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clarett Ready!

keggerz

Clarett was given an absolute gift being drafted by the Broncos.Bell will not be able to carry the load by himself and Maurice will be a big part of the running game this season.Just another RBBC which Shanny loves.

Clarett was given an absolute gift being drafted by the Broncos.Bell will not be able to carry the load by himself and Maurice will be a big part of the running game this season.Just another RBBC which Shanny loves.

795485[/snapback]

Since when does Shanny love using RBBC? Oh that's right, he doesn't. Bell will win the starting job and get all of the touches. Other RB's will fill in only for a short breather. That's it.

I would be more concerned with his health. He played most of the time with a bum shoulder and has been out of football so long. This is the NFL and he will see the diffrence pretty quick, however he does have some upside. The kid has excellent vision and for as big as he is has tremendous body control and above average hands. Mo also picks up blocks pretty well. My feeling is if they can keep his head in the game he maybe will be a decent back in future. I see him more in the role

of a short yardage 3rd down back someone denver can throw to and pass protect pretty well...people seem to forget he was a favorite to win the heisman in 2003 had he played. He has had awful off field advice and his head exploded towards the end of his freshman year and I truly think he really had no intelligent guidance including Jim Brown. Mo just wanted a chance well here it is his LAST CHANCE!!!

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

TATUM BELL

ATrain started off well then fizzled.

794499[/snapback]

He fizzled because of the Bears appaling coaching and play calling, no other reason. If there ever was a player that should sue his team for gross incompetence, A-Train should sue the Bears.

There was a big piece on Clarett in the Post.

He's saying the right things... who knows what his deal is. In college he was totally spoiled and given anything he wanted. Since then he has hit rock bottom after 2 years of no football.

Either he's got character and he learns from his mistakes... or he tastes a little success again and turns into a dumbass again. Assign him a therapist and hope for the best.

Either he's got character and he learns from his mistakes...

799361[/snapback]

I think he has already proven beyond any doubt whatsoever that he has no character. Now whether he can learn from his mistakes and quit blaming whitey for all his problems is another...

I think he has already proven beyond any doubt whatsoever that he has no character. 

:D

If we were all judged for what we did at age 18, i'd say 95% of the population would be casted as such.

I'd have to aruge that this is considerable doubt about his maturity development.

:D

If we were all judged for what we did at  age 18, i'd say 95% of the population would be casted as such.

I'd have to aruge that this is considerable doubt about his maturity development.

799750[/snapback]

I, probably as much as anyone, understand youthful indiscretions. But Claretts behavior, and more importantly, his attitude, indicate a complete lack of character. Steal, lie, cheat, then blame it on a conspiracy to keep you down? Then call in of all people, Jim Brown? Obviously, he has gotten some horrific advice. But his own actions and attitude scream "Characterless Ass Hat". And to to it off, he QUITS at the combine when he faces a little adversity. He is a quitter and a loser. He doesnt impress me on any level...

Edited by spain

With a 4.67 in the 40 he doesn't have the speed to run away from defenders. He better be able to make people miss, or he'll get killed in the NFL. :eek:

I, probably as much as anyone, understand youthful indiscretions.  But Claretts behavior, and more importantly, his attitude, indicate a complete lack of character.  Steal, lie, cheat, then blame it on a conspiracy to keep you down?  Then call in of all people, Jim Brown?  Obviously, he has gotten some horrific advice.  But his own actions and attitude scream "Characterless Ass Hat".  And to to it off, he QUITS at the combine when he faces a little adversity.  He is a quitter and a loser.  He doesnt impress me on any level...

799781[/snapback]

Well... I'm not gonna call him a mature player who has it all figured out, but I think you're being a little hard on him. He didn't quit this year, and he has admitted that his problems were his fault and not anyone elses. He's been humble and contrite for this year at least.

We'll have to see where it leads.

With a 4.67 in the 40 he doesn't have the speed to run away from defenders. He better be able to make people miss, or he'll get killed in the NFL.  :eek:

799809[/snapback]

Jim Brown, who helped advise Maurice Clarett when he tried to enter the draft last year, is happy the former Buckeye was drafted. "For him to get that shot at Denver, it's going to help his self-esteem," Brown said. "And the kid can play football. I'm telling you he can play football."

He said someone gave him bad advice to come in at 234 pounds. "I don't think Maurice should be over 225 pounds," Brown said. "I don't think he was getting the right advice about his weight. [His slow 40-time] didn't bother me because he has great quickness in a football sense. In football, it isn't speed. He's got to be quick and he's quick and he's smart, so he's going to be a good back."

Gotta go with Jim Brown's opinion on Running Backs over our own.

Well... I'm not gonna call him a mature player who has it all figured out, but I think you're being a little hard on him.  He didn't quit this year, and he has admitted that his problems were his fault and not anyone elses.  He's been humble and contrite for this year at least.

We'll have to see where it leads.

799883[/snapback]

Agreed. I was impressed by Clarett's comment at the draft that he had been surrounded by people that told him he was always right & that nothing that happened was ever his fault. But Maurice said that his lawyer set him straight, making him realize that he had to be personally accountable for his own actions. I don't know if this actually means anything, but it seems to be a step in the right direction for this young man.

But as a Tatum Bell owner in a keeper league, I hope Clarett is a complete bust. :D

With a 4.67 in the 40 he doesn't have the speed to run away from defenders. He better be able to make people miss, or he'll get killed in the NFL.  :eek:

799809[/snapback]

Terrell Davis had a 4.7 40 time when he was drafted. Granted he worked his tail off in the off season to drop it closer to 4.5-4.4, but he certainly was no speedster. This is the one stat that is extremely miss leading when it comes to RB's.