[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clarett Ready!

keggerz

The Denver Post reports RB Maurice Clarett vowed Sunday he was so ready to resume his football career and so prepared to start his NFL career on the right foot, there would be no way he would hold out of training camp. Monday, one of his agents, Steve Feldman, shared the sentiment. "Maurice will not be a holdout," Feldman said. "He will be at camp on time and ready to prove the Broncos right in their decision to take him. There will be no problems." It's not like the Broncos are taking a big financial risk on Clarett. He'll receive a signing bonus of about $400,000. To give you an idea of how insignificant that is in today's NFL, the Broncos gave $500,000 last year to free-agent TE Jed Weaver, who was cut before ever playing a down.

sorry no link

400K in football terms is a drop in the bucket. it is insignificant to them. not to you and me but to them, it is

793903[/snapback]

Well, it's not like Clarett can fall back on his college education if he doesn't make it... so he'd better make that money last.

Clarett lucked out. He won the frickin' running back lottery by being drafted by Denver. He has every opportunity in the world now to be the league's leading running back if he can just manage to get it together.

I am not sold...

Clarett's entire body of work consists of 12 games played as a college freshman. That's it.

He is big, slow, and does not appear to be very elusive. Come to think of it, he sounds like the protypical Big Ten running back.

Who is faster?

Droughns or Clarett?

793966[/snapback]

No idea.... but I do know that with rare exception, Big Ten RBs don't make much of an impact in the NFL.

I knew Clarett was a team player. Finally the last pick in the third round won't be holding out and bringing down the entire offense - whew!

I am not sold...

Clarett's entire body of work consists of 12 games played as a college freshman.  That's it.

He is big, slow, and does not appear to be very elusive.  Come to think of it, he sounds like the protypical Big Ten running back.

793959[/snapback]

Agree with ya here.

Who is faster?

Droughns or Clarett?

793966[/snapback]

Darin...in his cast.

Big Ten....Eddie George, sure he is old and crippled now, but when he came out he was the most durable and solid RB out there

794143[/snapback]

Agreed.... and Eddie was the exception. How many other Big Ten RBs have come out in the last 10-12 years to actually make an impact? Honestly, I can't think of any.

Agreed.... and Eddie was the exception. How many other Big Ten RBs have come out in the last 10-12 years to actually make an impact?  Honestly, I can't think of any.

794153[/snapback]

The jury is still out on TJ Duckett.

ATrain started off well then fizzled.

I honestly can't think of one.

Edit to add:

Robert Smith

Michael Bennett

Edited by A Little Bit Special

Agreed.... and Eddie was the exception. How many other Big Ten RBs have come out in the last 10-12 years to actually make an impact?  Honestly, I can't think of any.

794153[/snapback]

I've got a few. How about KI-Jana Carter, and let us not forget the phenom..... Curtis Enis. :D

The jury is still out on TJ Duckett.

ATrain started off well then fizzled.

I honestly can't think of one.

Edit to add:

Robert Smith

Michael Bennett

794499[/snapback]

There have certainly been some talented RBs to come from the Big 10, but let's face facts none of the backs mentioned (excluding George and Smith) have had any real impact in the NFL.... I think they same can be said for most positions except OL.

There have certainly been some talented RBs to come from the Big 10, but let's face facts none of the backs mentioned (excluding George and Smith) have had any real impact in the NFL.... I think they same can be said for most positions except OL.

794512[/snapback]

Are you kidding?

Are you really suggesting that O linemen are the only players in the NFL to make an impact?

Not all of these guys listed are hall of famers but they are all definitely impact players. I think the Big Ten currently has 5 NFL starting QB. And you'd have a hard time matching the group of WR that has come out of the Big Ten in recent years.

QB:

Tom Brady - Mich

Brian Griese - Mich

Jeff George - Illinois

Trent Green - Indiana

Kerry Collins - PSU

Drew Brees - Purdue

RB:

TJ Duckett - MSU

Larry Johnson - PSU

Mike Alstott - Purdue

WR: