[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN.com is useless

bigrocks

You are correct sir. Their free columns suck, and the guys they pay to write (or better yet, you pay, through subscription) don't have any more insight than what you could discern off of reading local columns or anyone writer for any number of other national sites.

Not only is the site low on content these days, its horribly designed and a pain in the a$$ to navigate through. So many large, half-the-screen-filling ads and poorly laid out pages. And alsmot every area is weighted more towards Insider now than not. Like ESPN needs more money, out of every sports site out there this is the one that should be totally free.

I really go there only for Page 2 Sports Guy. I get me NFL news off Yahoo's wire.

The large ads popping up covering half the page or even worse, (IMO), the slowly crawling ads with no way to get them off for a couple of minutes, plus everything going to Insider and thus pay, is due to the demand of the shareholders for more profits.

ESPN / ABC / Disney is driven to generate money, more money and just for good measure, even a little more money.

The powers that be, will leave no stone unturned in an effort to squeeze out every last cent that they can. They've got to satisfy Wall Street and ultimately the shareholders....

So when you boil it all down, it's really our fault, since the Shareholders are John Q Public :D

The large ads popping up covering half the page or even worse, (IMO), the slowly crawling ads with no way to get them off for a couple of minutes, plus everything going to Insider and thus pay, is due to the demand of the shareholders for more profits.

ESPN / ABC / Disney is driven to generate money, more money and just for good measure, even a little more money.

The powers that be, will leave no stone unturned in an effort to squeeze out every last cent that they can. They've got to satisfy Wall Street and ultimately the shareholders....

So when you boil it all down, it's really our fault, since the Shareholders are John Q Public  :D

794589[/snapback]

I feel so guilty! :D

:D

You are correct sir. Their free columns suck, and the guys they pay to write (or better yet, you pay, through subscription) don't have any more insight than what you could discern off of reading local columns or anyone writer for any number of other national sites.

794485[/snapback]

Agreed. SportingNews.com is the best IMO :D

I sent them an email last year telling them how much it sucked. I told them I wouldnt pay for info I can get elsewhere for free, and that there wasn't a good reason to visit the site anymore. I got a polite "we'll consider your opinion" email response. :D

Have to agree here as well, it seems every ear more & more of their content is going pay and what they do have isn't worth the $40 they're asking for.

794681[/snapback]

$40.00? :bigshock: I refuse to pay more then $11.50 for a fantasy football website.

I went into the site earlier today and it is getting worse each week it seems. As many others have mentioned the contant is available elsewhere and the pop ads and commercials make the site run very slow. Unless, they figure out they are going to lose traffic in a big way it won't be getting better anytime soon. :D

$40.00?  :bigshock: I refuse to pay more then $11.50 for a fantasy football website.

794719[/snapback]

Hell that's way to much I just go to message boards on football sites and ask for the info from the momo's that subscribe :D

My problem is I am an insider, got it free with the mag. thats delivered to my business for patient to read while waiting.

But here the problem all most every story in the mag. was an insider story 2 weeks previos. So whats the point of getting the mag?

I went into the site earlier today and it is getting worse each week it seems.  As many others have mentioned the contant is available elsewhere and the pop ads and commercials make the site run very slow.  Unless, they figure out they are going to lose traffic in a big way it won't be getting better anytime soon.  :D

795672[/snapback]

Nice avy. I like it almost as much as your sigline. :D

I've been complaining about ESPN.com for awhile now. Back when I first started fantasy sports, it was THE site. I was big into fantasy basketball, and they had tremendous coverage. As fantasy sports have evolved (and football is the absolute #1 in terms of fantasy sports), ESPN devotes less coverage to fantasy basketball. Well, as someone who still enjoys playing it, and paying THE SAME PRICE for a team, you'd expect them to have equal (or at least SOME) coverage. Not so. They have 1, maybe 2 - 3 if you're darn lucky - new items on their fantasy basketball page. I've written them numerous times and always get the lame canned response.

Not only that, but ESPN is obviously recognized as the "worldwide leader of sports", so you get every Tom, Dick and Harry navigating to its website for sports news, etc. This assembles some of the most lame-assed momotards our great country has to offer. You think THIS message board gets inundated with crap? You should take a look at ESPN's. It boggles the mind. Case in point regarding the general momotardation of the fantasy game gene pool... I joined a random fantasy basketball league (never again, mind you) where one owner sent me the MOST ridiculous trade offer I'd ever seen. Apparently the guy a ) no clue what he was doing or perhaps b ) was testing to see if the other owners in the league knew what they were doing. In any case, I blasted him on the bulletin board and countered with a similarly lame trade. After this, he put a personal vendetta out on me. Classic. After repeated angry emails, the guy came right out and said that he was TANKING THE SEASON ... 2 or weeks in!!! - and would make every effort to trade his best players to teams that had a chance at taking me down (I was in first at the time, and for most of the season). Well, he got his wish...traded a team that was already pretty solid LeBron, Francis, etc.... I nearly came back in the end, but came up short. The guy was obviously still paying attention towards the end of the season, making sure he had players in that would lead to stats that would push him past me in certain categories. He even had the gall to rename his team in a fashion "poking fun" at my team's name. What a complete effing idiot. Yeah, I emailed ESPN about it, but of course they don't give a crap.

ON TOP OF THAT.... their site makes my IE crash from time to time. Their site is slow, and littered with pop-up crap. I still visit the site, though, as I enjoy reading Bill Simmons, and their fantasy baseball and football info (even the free stuff) is usually OK. I will never pay for Insider, though.

:D Eff them.