[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Scott a Patriot!

Pigskin Junkie

The difference is:

1. Scott will not be the highest player on the Patriots :D

2. If he isn't producing, he won't play or will be cut.

2004 Pittsburgh Steelers

Player.........................Base Salary......Total Salary...Cap Value.....Position

Scott, Chad .................$3,885,000.......$4,085,000....$4,985,000....CB

Smith, Aaron...............$3,150,000.......$3,553,600....$4,514,266....DE

Faneca, Alan................$2,525,000.......$3,751,600....$4,374,350....OL

Hartings, Jeff...............$2,550,000.......$3,750,000....$4,211,665....OL

Von Oelhoffen, Kimo......$760,000........$1,801,600....$2,406,600....DE

Farrior, James...............$660,000........$5,438,200....$2,404,868....LB

Ward, Hines..................$1,668,750.....$1,671,950....$2,171,950....WR

Edited by Patsfan04

Wow. You guys are grasping at your Pats-hating straws earlier than ever this year! :D

Seems to me that Bengals fans were saying the same thing about a tard named Dillon last year and his effect on the Pats chemistry. Like it or not, the Pats have a system that's working, and a player can either buy in and stay, or try to rock the boat and be spat out like a bad piece of gristle. Scott (and Terrell, for that matter) no doubt know this, and will toe the line. I realize you're happy to be rid of a relative financial drain on your team, one who stayed "cocky" despite lack of production, but the guy was solid before he got hurt (2000-2001 he was quite good, if memory serves), and was just unable to win his job back from Williams, no?

Good signing, I think. If he can stay healthy, he'll be well worth it...and last year proved we need depth at CB (see Brown, Troy...might Aaron Glenn be next? Parcells might not let that happen, but...).

Sorry.... what can I say... I hate the Pats AND Chad Scott has really pissed me off the last few years!

Wow. You guys are grasping at your Pats-hating straws earlier than ever this year! :D

Seems to me that Bengals fans were saying the same thing about a tard named Dillon last year and his effect on the Pats chemistry. Like it or not, the Pats have a system that's working, and a player can either buy in and stay, or try to rock the boat and be spat out like a bad piece of gristle. Scott (and Terrell, for that matter) no doubt know this, and will toe the line. I realize you're happy to be rid of a relative financial drain on your team, one who stayed "cocky" despite lack of production, but the guy was solid before he got hurt  (2000-2001 he was quite good, if memory serves), and was just unable to win his job back from Williams, no?

Good signing, I think. If he can stay healthy, he'll be well worth it...and last year proved we need depth at CB (see Brown, Troy...might Aaron Glenn be next? Parcells might not let that happen, but...).

799128[/snapback]

I think that Chad Scott is worthless as a CB. I think he could have some value as a Safety. However, nothing would surprise me with this team. They got some value out of Hank Poteat last year, which amazed me, so who knows what they can do with Chad Scott. I am glad he is not a Steeler anymore, but nothing from the Patriots would shock me at this point.