[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Smith...pus arm?

Guest Sores

Guest Sores

Niners sources tell us (Pro Football Weekly) that WRs Brandon Lloyd and Arnaz Battle weren’t all that impressed with the passes thrown to them by Utah’s Alex Smith in an early-April private workout in Salt Lake City. According to both receivers, Niners QB Tim Rattay has a better arm than Smith.

But they didn't draft Smith for his arm strength. They drafted him because he took a higher level math class then the other quarterbacks. Didn't you know he is the smartest player ever to be drafted into the NFL. at least that's what was reported on espn during the draft. Other than that, yes he is a big fat puss.

His lack of arm strength has been brought up before. But a combination of superior intelligence and a "feel for the game" has seemed to convince everyone that he can over come his inadequate arm strength. He'll be fine especially in a west coast type offense where he just needs to dink and dunk down the field.

His being "smart" only means he thought with the right head in college....thinking is a step (however big or small), but it alone does not make an NFL QB....if that was the case then John Elway and Dan Marino would still be FA's in the league...in reality some teams could have them starting, uh hum!!!!@#$49ERS!!!@#$%^

:D:D:D

His lack of arm strength has been brought up before. But a combination of superior intelligence and a "feel for the game" has seemed to convince everyone that he can over come his inadequate arm strength. He'll be fine especially in a west coast type offense where he just needs to dink and dunk down the field.

794899[/snapback]

Sounds to me like a young Joe Montana. Not an overpowering arm at all but a good field general.

Does everybody remember how high people where drafting Barlow last year? I wonder how far he drops in drafts this year? The Huddle had him as their 11th best RB with 1200 yds and 10 TDs (rush & rec)..... He ended up with 800 yds and 7 TDs. I just dont understand how he could be ranked that high last year...It will be more of the same for him this year...probably worse with the rookie QB under center.

Does everybody remember how high people where drafting Barlow last year? I wonder how far he drops in drafts this year? The Huddle had him as their 11th best RB with 1200 yds and 10 TDs (rush & rec)..... He ended up with 800 yds and 7 TDs.  I just dont understand how he could be ranked that high last year...It will be more of the same for him this year...probably worse with the rookie QB under center.

796998[/snapback]

Yes I do. I picked him late in the 1st round of a deep league. that pick killed me.

Yes I do. I picked him late in the 1st round of a deep league. that pick killed me.

797010[/snapback]

Luckily, I picked 11th in the first round last year and he was taken on the rebound early in the second before my second turn...wheww!!!