[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings Offered Bennett to Dolphins for Surtain

Shotgun Messiahs

The Pioneer Press reports the Vikings last weekend offered RB Michael Bennett to Miami, where ex-Vikings OC Scott Linehan works, for CB Patrick Surtain and the Dolphins' second-round draft pick. With that selection, the Vikings would have taken PK Mike Nugent of Ohio State. But Miami said no thanks, and Surtain ended up going to Kansas City for the Chiefs' second-round pick. The Vikings are expected to wait until teams pare rosters this summer and sign the best veteran kicker available.

:D

I haven't seen anything in the S. Florida papers about it. But for what it's worth, the Dolphins didn't have a 2nd round pick so how could they "offer" it up? Plus Bennett is a decent RB for sure but he's not worth one of the top CB's and a second rounder too? From what I've heard from a couple of Vikes homers, The Pioneer Press is a questionable source of reliable football news.

That would have been akin to getting sodomized by a redwood for the Dolphins. 

Bennett for Surtain and a Second?  Are you kidding me?  Might as well have thrown JT in as well.

And no, they did not have a second.

794995[/snapback]

Throw Zack Thomas in too. :D