[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Predictions

Duchess Jack

Of course only speculation because nothing has happened yet - but nothing is happening, so we need to make our own fun....

I'll go with Saban - because I am a no good homer...

1) Hires Linehand

2) Hires Hudson Hauck

3) Takes a team 18 million over cap and adds K Carter and Holiday (and others)

4) Stands firm on trading Surtain for a 2nd

5) Has a great draft.

I see good things coming.

I'm going to be a homer and say Billick.

I see the Ravens having a very good year and hopefully putting an other Lombardi Trophy in the case. They filled every area of need (free agency and draft) and some of the vets (Ray Lewis, Ogden) should push everyone to make one more strong run before they start their decline (10th year for each).

If not Billick, then I like the Green pick.

I think that award usually goes to the coach who lead a team from mediocrity or the crapper to playoff year. As such, I don't know that coaches of teams in the playoffs last year would get it over my top 3 list. Not that their coaching skills are better or worse, just everyone likes a nothing to something story.

1. Dennis Green: Yeah, I can see this happening.

2. Marvin Lewis: Anyone who takes a team to the playoffs after a 14 year drought deserves consideration.

3. Bill Parcells: Non-playoff team almost completely rebuilt. If Bill can pull it all together...

Vermeil would also fit that boat...completely rebuilding that abysmal defense without dismantling the offense...

However, I'd be surprised to see KC do better than 10-6, and think that 9-7 (or worse) is much more likely...and 10-6 will be what they need for the playoffs...so, we'll see...