[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worthless Price supposedly to be released

pedroz13

Again, Mike Vick is the only NFL player who you can throw on the worst team in the NFL and make the playoffs with. I understand you guys aren't bashing Vick as a whole, just his inability to connect with his WR's. I agree the numbers certainly aren't stellar, but I'd like to see him at some point at least get a chance with a good receiver other than Price to see if it really is Price's fault or not. I mean, if Price really isn't very good, all you've really got left that Vick has ever thrown to is Finneran and Dez White. Maybe it is the receiving corps??

Again, Mike Vick is the only NFL player who you can throw on the worst team in the NFL and make the playoffs with.  I understand you guys aren't bashing Vick as a whole, just his inability to connect with his WR's.  I agree the numbers certainly aren't stellar, but I'd like to see him at some point at least get a chance with a good receiver other than Price to see if it really is Price's fault or not.  I mean, if Price really isn't very good, all you've really got left that Vick has ever thrown to is Finneran and Dez White.  Maybe it is the receiving corps??

797582[/snapback]

On the flip side, it would be interesting to see Price go to a team with more of a traditional drop back QB to see if Vick was the issue. It may be that the receivers in Atlanta are running their routes, and when they come out of there breaks Vick is already starting to scramble around and improvise back there. In the few games I watched of Atlanta, it seemed to me that Vick is thinking "get out of here" once the pocket starts to move towards him, instead of standing in there and looking for the receiver. To me, this explains why Crumpler gets a lot of looks, because he is a safety valve and a big target. That and his routes would tend to be shorter, giving Vick a closer target when he scrambles.

On the flip side, it would be interesting to see Price go to a team with more of a traditional drop back QB to see if Vick was the issue. It may be that the receivers in Atlanta are running their routes, and when they come out of there breaks Vick is already starting to scramble around and improvise back there. In the few games I watched of Atlanta, it seemed to me that Vick is thinking "get out of here" once the pocket starts to move towards him, instead of standing in there and looking for the receiver. To me, this explains why Crumpler gets a lot of looks, because he is a safety valve and a big target. That and his routes would tend to be shorter, giving Vick a closer target when he scrambles.

797630[/snapback]

I think this post does come close to the real problem with the ATL passing game, but it isn't Vick and it isn't the WRs. It is the offensive line. And the Falcons take a WR with their first pick!

By the time WRs get close to having their routes completed, Vick is already running around feeling pressure. If he had a decent passblocking line, he may be able to give time to the Wrs to get open. I am not a Vick apologist, nor do I think Peerless Price is a very good football palyer, but I know that when I watch the Falcons, thier pass protection breaks down early on almost every play.

The Falcons dropped the ball by not addressing the offensive line in the draft early.

Edited to fix Yukon like spelling

Edited by lkirc

I think this post does come close to the real problem with the ATL passing game, but it isn't Vick and it isn't the WRs. It is the offensive line. And the Falcons take a WR with their first pick!

By the time WRs get close to having their routes completed, Vick is already running around feeling pressure. If he had a decent passblocking line, he may be able to give time to the Wrs to get open. I am not a Vick apologist, nor do I think Peerless Price is a very good football palyer, but I know that when I watch the Falcons, thier pass protection breaks down early on almost every play.

The Falcons dropped the ball by not addressing the offensive line in the draft early.

Edited to fix Yukon like spelling

797927[/snapback]

Good analysis. I would agree, Atlanta's O-line may be decent at runblocking but they're pass protection is pretty bad. Vick is scrambling almost immediately when he drops back.

I don't know if that's because teams feel they need to put pressure on him until he can prove that he can beat the blitz..........

:D this thread is all over the place. By title, I disagree that Price is worthless, I believe he'd make an excellent #2 WR. You'd take him on the east side of the bay if the price were right (pun intended :lame:), right phenom?

As for the rest, I'm not a Vick fan and I think he leaves the pocket a little early but I'd agree they need soe help on the line. All I know is I'm a big Alex Gibbs fan and if you give him a little time, he'll square away the pass protection and then it is all up to Vick.

797630[/snapback]

Well said, that was the jist of point condemning the comparison of Crumper and Price. The TE is the easiest throw to make based on his location and the reason you mention Chief.

I am not saying Vick won't develop into a good passing QB, but surely cannot be considered one now.

I will be very curious to see how Price performs with a fresh start.