[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worthless Price supposedly to be released

pedroz13

Heard through the grapevine that ATL has basically given up on the Peerless (aka "Worthless") Price project and are going to release him. No links, but the source is a good friend's brother who works in the ATL organization. Maybe Roddy White has some fantasy value.

Heard through the grapevine that ATL has basically given up on the Peerless (aka "Worthless") Price project and are going to release him.  No links, but the source is a good friend's brother who works in the ATL organization.  Maybe Roddy White has some fantasy value.

797125[/snapback]

When is ATL going to realize it's Vick not the wide outs. I guess it will take another 5 years of wide outs not producing to realize it.

When is ATL going to realize it's Vick not the wide outs. I guess it will take another 5 years of wide outs not producing to realize it.

797132[/snapback]

Crumpler doesn't seem to have any problems getting open.

When comparing a TE to a "#1" WR I'd say that's pretty good.

797152[/snapback]

But I'm not. I'm speaking of vick's ability to get it to his wideouts from the beginning of the play.

Edited by TimD

:D the Problem with Price is he's not a #1 WR and he can't carry the receiving cops (including the TEs). He just isn't that kind of guy. But look at a team like, I dunno, the Cowboys. With Whitten, Glenn and Keyshawn he would see numbers like in 2001 and 2002, which were his "breakout" 3rd and 4th seasons. He took steps back the last two years because he was expected to be The Man in Atlanta. A lot of us who liked Price in Buffalo didn't like the Atlanta move, I remember the debate but don't know if it survided the Great Purge.

Big John?

Put Price on any team where he wouldn't have to be The Man and he will produce but he'd have to have his cap hit be a refection of that fact, too. Kind of just depends on what he wants to do with his life, really. Take the pay cut, help a team win and improve his stats or bag groceries.

:D

But I'm not. I'm speaking of vick's ability to get it to his wideouts from the beginning of the play.

797156[/snapback]

I do agree with Tim D on this one. Vick gets the ball to Crumpler because he's a huge target, mostly in the middle of the field, as opposed to a much faster moving WR on sideline patterns, etc. Vick couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Although, Price isn't the answer as anyone's #1 WR either.

Edited by Hitman

:D the Problem with Price is he's not a #1 WR and he can't carry the receiving cops (including the TEs).  He just isn't that kind of guy.  But look at a team like, I dunno, the Cowboys.  With Whitten, Glenn and Keyshawn he would see numbers like in 2001 and 2002, which were his "breakout" 3rd and 4th seasons.  He took steps back the last two years because he was expected to be The Man in Atlanta.  A lot of us who liked Price in Buffalo didn't like the Atlanta move, I remember the debate but don't know if it survided the Great Purge. 

Big John?

Put Price on any team where he wouldn't have to be The Man and he will produce but he'd have to have his cap hit be a refection of that fact, too.  Kind of just depends on what he wants to do with his life, really.  Take the pay cut, help a team win and improve his stats or bag groceries.

:D

797180[/snapback]

It doesn't matter who the #1 WR is in ATL, Vick's not going to get him the ball as much as a #1 should get it. I think Price is getting a bad rap on this.

It doesn't matter who the #1 WR is in ATL, Vick's not going to get him the ball as much as a #1 should get it. I think Price is getting a bad rap on this.

797183[/snapback]

You saying Price is a #1 WR? I'm saying not but he's a d*mn fine #2.

You saying Price is a #1 WR?  I'm saying not but he's a d*mn fine #2.

797184[/snapback]

I'm saying who knows? He hasn't really got a shot in ATL to show if he is or isn't.

And Vick's inability to get the ball to his WRs is the reason for that.

Crumpler doesn't seem to have any problems getting open.

797135[/snapback]

To play devil's advocate, the TE throw is the easiest throw to make for a QB. Down the hash or middle is widely known as the easiest throw in the game.

That doesn't mean Price isn't a bust and Vick will not improve. I just don't think using the TE as a comparison is valid in terms of assessing a QB's passing ability.

If Atlanta does cut him, he will get a shot to produce in another city.

Heard through the grapevine that ATL has basically given up on the Peerless (aka "Worthless") Price project and are going to release him.  No links, but the source is a good friend's brother who works in the ATL organization.  Maybe Roddy White has some fantasy value.

797125[/snapback]

I heard Detroit needs a WR or two :D

797132[/snapback]

Price didn't get open nor did he not drop the ball when he got it. :D Ron Mexico ain't the problem with the ATL Offense.

I think Price is getting a bad rap on this.

797183[/snapback]

I don't think you've watched very many Falcons games over the last two years have you?

Edited by Big Score 1