[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason White?

muck

I thought I heard something about Jason White signing a FA contract w/ the Chiefs.

...fwiw...

If true, not a bad signing...give him a couple years to heal his knees up good and learn from Trent...and then battle for the starters job... Seems like a reasonable progression to me.

here is a link ...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN...LATE=sports.htm

here is a clip from the article ...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Jason White, who won the Heisman Trophy at Oklahoma but was snubbed in the NFL draft, is being given a chance by the Kansas City Chiefs.

White and other undrafted rookies will join the drafted players in a minicamp this weekend. White, who has not signed a contract, will be given a chance to show what he can do.

Edited by max

Chiefs have Todd Collins, Casey Clausen, Damon Huard and a 7th round pick-Killian....White would have to look real good in the mini-camp...what this IMO speaks to is Vermeil doesn't like one or two of the QB's on the roster and figures White to push the other QB's...with what they have...he could become a 3rd QB and dump all but Green and Collins... :D

Chiefs have Todd Collins, Casey Clausen, Damon Huard and a 7th round pick-Killian....White would have to look real good in the mini-camp...what this IMO speaks to is Vermeil doesn't like one or two of the QB's on the roster and figures White to push the other QB's...with what they have...he could become a 3rd QB and dump all but Green and Collins... :D

797618[/snapback]

Agreed. I would think he could beat out Clausen et al and be the 3rd Qb. Heck, all he has to learn is how to hand the ball off to Priest.

Agreed. I would think he could beat out Clausen et al and be the 3rd Qb. Heck, all he has to learn is how to hand the ball off to Priest.

797629[/snapback]

...and if he can learn to lob it up to Gonzo and/or hit Dante Hall in the flat he could be the #2...

what this IMO speaks to is Vermeil doesn't like one or two of the QB's on the roster and figures White to push the other QB's

797618[/snapback]

Well, not exactly so.

Vermeil was not the one who decided to sign him and based on the quotes from the above linked article, Vermeil is not exaclt high on the guy.

After the draft last Sunday, Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil and general manager Carl Peterson appeared to disagree on White's potential. "Carl felt the kid deserved a chance to work in a rookie camp so we brought him in," Vermeil said Thursday.

and

When Vermeil was asked on Sunday why no one had drafted White, he said simply that the NFL "didn't evaluate him as talented enough to play at this level."

"He's been successful, but there have been a lot of college quarterbacks who have been successful and won Heisman Trophies and everything else who didn't play in the NFL," Vermeil said at the time. "He's no less a person. He's still an outstanding young man."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the kid.

Would the NFL be considered a "big game" in college? If that is the case, he will choke as he has in all of the big games in college. I have never seen a good quarterback (Heisman even) look so terrible in a game as he has in the last two national championship games. He is a joke.

Would the NFL be considered a "big game" in college?  If that is the case, he will choke as he has in all of the big games in college.  I have never seen a good quarterback (Heisman even) look so terrible in a game as he has in the last two national championship games.  He is a joke.

797893[/snapback]

True, Peyton never choked in college :D:D:D:D:D

True, Peyton never choked in college  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

798057[/snapback]

Hell Peyton still chokes in every big game. White doesnt have the arm strength to play at this level. He helped the OU program stay at a high level, but wasnt good enough to get the job done in the 2 biggest games of his career. The Heisman is nice for him, but he will hear about those 2 National Champ games for yrs to come.

I wish him well. But Im glad hes gone.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Hell Peyton still chokes in every big game.  White doesnt have the arm strength to play at this level.  He helped the OU program stay at a high level, but wasnt good enough to get the job done in the 2 biggest games of his career.  The Heisman is nice for him, but he will hear about those 2 National Champ games for yrs to come.

I wish him well.  But Im glad hes moved on.

798081[/snapback]

Would you rather have White or Kordell for a backup?

True, Peyton never choked in college  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

798057[/snapback]

Not in front of a national audience in a BCS game! Not just once, two times in a row. Sure he put up great stats against the terrible teams but his two BCS appearances should nullify any chance he has of making an NFL roster, let alone his prosthetic knees!