[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs Eyeing Freddie

TimD

The saga of Freddie Mitchell continues, just not at this weekend's minicamp. Mitchell, the Eagles' 2001 first-round pick, asked the Eagles for his release last month, but did not get it. This past week he met with head coach Andy Reid, who excused him from the minicamp and gave him permission to work out a trade. "It went well," Mitchell said of his discussion with Reid. "He knows I want to go somewhere where I can catch more than 20 balls in a season." The Eagles tried to trade Mitchell during last weekend's draft, but couldn't find a partner. "They made it tough on themselves," Mitchell said. "But we're still working on some (trades). Right now, I'll go anywhere." Put Tampa Bay near the top of the list.

Posted April 29, by Ben Maller

All I can do is cross my fingers. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saga of Freddie Mitchell continues, just not at this weekend's minicamp. Mitchell, the Eagles' 2001 first-round pick, asked the Eagles for his release last month, but did not get it. This past week he met with head coach Andy Reid, who excused him from the minicamp and gave him permission to work out a trade. "It went well," Mitchell said of his discussion with Reid. "He knows I want to go somewhere where I can catch more than 20 balls in a season." The Eagles tried to trade Mitchell during last weekend's draft, but couldn't find a partner. "They made it tough on themselves," Mitchell said. "But we're still working on some (trades). Right now, I'll go anywhere." Put Tampa Bay near the top of the list.

Posted April 29, by Ben Maller

All I can do is cross my fingers. :D

798252[/snapback]

I hope you're kidding.

They wanted Galloway  :D

798472[/snapback]

Galloway is alot better then Freddie Mitchell. Take a look at the numbers:

Galloway: 7 starts, 33 receptions, 5 touchdowns

Mitchell: 9 starts, 22 receptions, 2 touchdowns

Galloway was great down the streach for the Bucs. Why are you hating on Galloway?

The Tennessee Titans are arguebly in more desperate need of wr's than any team in this league. As a Titans fan, I pray to God that they dont have any interest whatsoever in one Fredy Mitchell...

Galloway is alot better then Freddie Mitchell.  Take a look at the numbers:

Galloway was great down the streach for the Bucs.  Why are you hating on Galloway?

798552[/snapback]

Little something to do with his holding out more than half the season in his final year in Seattle - getting traded to Dallas for two first rounders - getting a fat paycheck that made him - at the time - the highest paid reciever in the game - and then his not showing up for any game since because be became rich, lazy and complacent.

Little something to do with his holding out more than half the season in his final year in Seattle - getting traded to Dallas for two first rounders - getting a fat paycheck that made him - at the time - the highest paid reciever in the game - and then his not showing up for any game since because be became rich, lazy and complacent.

798693[/snapback]

So what does that have to do with Mitchell being better then Galloway?

The Eagles are willing to take a 6th round pick for him. Reid told him NOT to come to mini camp today.

Edited by NSab

Galloway is alot better then Freddie Mitchell.  Take a look at the numbers:

Galloway was great down the streach for the Bucs.  Why are you hating on Galloway?

798552[/snapback]

I agree that Galloway is better than Mitchell, but that doesn't mean that Galloway is any good. I think Duchess Jack was saying that if they would take Galloway, they probably wouldn't have a problem taking Mitchell.

Since 1998, Galloway hasn't had 1000 yard season. He's also only scored 18 TD's in those 6 years.

798693[/snapback]

He could've been a great receiver. What a waste. Was Rosenhaus his agent?

So what does that have to do with Mitchell being better then Galloway?

798735[/snapback]

Your question was, why am I hating on Galloway.

Oh and very accurate interpretation of my Galloway 'hating' Ghostface. If one - then why not two overachieving - self inflating – primadonas.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Your question was, why am I hating on Galloway.

Oh and very accurate interpretation of my Galloway 'hating' Ghostface.  If one - then why not two overachieving - self inflating – primadonas.

798882[/snapback]

He has not been that way since he has been in Tampa. Get over it, people grow up believe it or not. BTW, aren't you a phins fan. You seem personally upset over Galloway burning the Seahawks.

I am a 'Phins fan. I like the Seahawks but not the Dennis Ericson Seahawks - which (I think) Galloway was part of.

Most importantly - more than a die hard Miami Fan, I am a fan of the game, which translates to me not liking folk who hold out - and not liking folk who get lazy once they get a fat contract.

Regarding his growing up - While he has done nothing in recent years to make me like him less - he has certainly done nothing to make me like him more. It has been a pretty consistant feeling.

Oh....and I meant - underachieving - not that folk couldn't have figured that out.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Regarding his growing up - While he has done nothing in recent years to make me like him less - he has certainly done nothing to make me like him more.  It has been a pretty consistant feeling. 

798963[/snapback]

In 2003, he started the Joey Galloway Family Foundation to help provide opportunities for less fortunate families and children… Also supported the NFL Hometown Anti-Drug Challenge campaign and helped kick off Dallas’ 2002 Red Ribbon Week in the fall of 2002… His support included recording three versions of a anti-drug awareness public service announcement geared toward youth, parents and one for use in-stadium at Cowboys home games, appearances at an elementary school and a youth rehab center as a guest speaker to share his personal anti-drug message and the donation of autographed memorabilia for a Red Ribbon Week Rally for over 1,000 middle school students.

:D I see your point, I just had to post this....

Something must be wrong with my screen. It looks like TimD said something about a "great team leader"!

go freddie go freddie go...          He would make a great third wr and a great team leader. When someone is out of line he'll tell them how he feels and how it really is.

800833[/snapback]

Something must be wrong with my screen.  It looks like TimD said something about a "great team leader"!

801093[/snapback]

You have entered where no man has gone before--welcome to the "TimD" zone...in search of the truth and fantasy cannot be separated from reality...it is the place that quantum physics is still trying to solve...we only know a little--TimD will reveal more!! :D:D:D:D:D:D