[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 100 for 2005? Too early?

Liverlips

QB

manning

mcnabb (assuming no owens holdout)

culpepper

(then a pretty big drop-off)

bulger

hasselbeck

collins

carr

vick

etc.

RB

tomlinson

alexander

mcallister

mcgahee

portis

s. jackson

a. green

j. lewis

e. james

k. jones

j. jones

dillon

martin

barber

davis

holmes

WR

owens (again, assuming no holdout)

harrison

r. moss

holt

horn

wayne

c. johnson

a. johnson

clayton

moulds

walker

roy williams

QB

manning

mcnabb (assuming no owens holdout)

culpepper

(then a pretty big drop-off)

bulger

hasselbeck

collins

carr

vick

etc.

RB

tomlinson

alexander

mcallister

mcgahee

portis

s. jackson

a. green

j. lewis

e. james

k. jones

j. jones

dillon

martin

barber

davis

holmes

WR

owens (again, assuming no holdout)

harrison

r. moss

holt

horn

wayne

c. johnson

a. johnson

clayton

moulds

walker

roy williams

800110[/snapback]

I dont have the faith in Owens you do, but otherwise these are good for this time of year. I would probably slide J Walker up the list 4-5 places and move Edge up a few spots also. Otherwise solid.

I love agreeing with Asz.

Answering the Seminoles question about how long that took.

If you mean coding the bye weeks, I did that the day after the 2005 season schedule was offered. I guess it took a few hours. I keep that data in my cheat sheets.

If you meant the draft order, I work on that in Excel all the time, even during the off season. All I had to do was copy and paste my current list.

I've known David Dorey for several years and competed with him in an Experts Mock Draft (No website identified of course. *lol*)

I was a writer in another website and managed two leagues there.

I've played in a very serious, big bucks, keeper league for the last 14 years and have won 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

http://www.geocities.com/boosbandits/index.html

:D

Edited by BoosBandits

Hey Boo, I see that you have Priest outside of the top 10 for rb's. In one of my leagues we are allowed one keeper. My rb's last season were Deuce Mc, Priest, JJ and Tatum Bell. Should I hold on to Priest for one more year? I also have the option of buying Peyton from another guy.

Jumpin Johnnies.

It depends on whether you're looking past 2005. Peyton Manning is a long time keeper, especially if you can only keep one guy.

My reason for lowering Priest Holmes value is because I rank them based on my projected stats. If Holmes lasts 16 games at the primary RB, he's gold, but after those injuries in the last two years and with Larry Johnson sitting there in the wings, I see Holmes being spelled by LJ. This will be the last year the Chiefs HC is staying and he wants to win. He might run Holmes until he breaks down with LJ there to back him up.

If you want to risk keeping Holmes, make darn sure you pay the price to get LJ too.

In MHO.

Edited by BoosBandits

Jumpin Johnnies.

It depends on whether you're looking past 2005. Peyton Manning is a long time keeper, especially if you can only keep one guy.

My reason for lowering Priest Holmes value is because I rank them based on my projected stats. If Holmes lasts 16 games at the primary RB, he's gold, but after those injuries in the last two years and with Larry Johnson sitting there in the wings. I see Holmes being spelled by LJ. This will be the last year the Chiefs HC is staying and he wants to win. He might run Holmes until he breaks down with LJ there to back him up.

If you want to risk keeping Holmes, make darn sure you pay the price to get LJ too.

In MHO.

800198[/snapback]

I'll probably take Manning, thanks for the insight. I'm going to keep an eye out for you. It's always good to get meaningful insight from noobies. Thanks again.

I dont have the faith in Owens you do, but otherwise these are good for this time of year. I would probably slide J Walker up the list 4-5 places and move Edge up a few spots also. Otherwise solid.

I love agreeing with Asz.

800149[/snapback]

owens was the best WR in the league last year. the only other candidates IMO are moss (who goes from culpepper chucking him the ball to basically a drunk journeyman) and harrison (who is arguably not even the top fantasy wideout on his team). again, assuming no major holdout distractions, a very big IF at this point, i don't see how you could rank anyone else #1 :D

walker? i dunno, maybe he ought to be a little higher. it's hard trusting favre to latch on to the same guy two years in a row (or two games in a row). it's also hard to trust favre to have a very good year this year. i can see all three of the big GB fantasy guys (green, favre, walker) being super-studs at excellent values, but i can almost as easily see any or all of them being major disappointments. walker did prove he's an excellent NFL WR last year though.

RB:

Holmes (going out in a blaze of glory)

Tomlinson

McGahee

Alexander

Edge

RBrown

SJackson (not higher b/c Faulk still poaches some touches)

LJordan

JJones

CDillon

KJones

McCallister

799375[/snapback]

With Dallas' acquisition of A-Train, drop JJones out of the "top 12," bump everyone else up one slot and stick Cadillac Williams in at #12...

The high value everyone is placing on Jordan this year reminds me of how highly everyone had Barlow ranked coming into last season. I realize Jordan is going to an offense that has a LOT more going for it... but I'm less than convinced he will be worthy of being taken in the top 8 RBs -- more like 12-15.