[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss article

johnsonk2

I especially like Collins' impression of Moss. I think the impact on Collins from a fantasy perspective due to the addition of Moss will make him a top 10 qb in '05.

The article is an AP article found in the Richmond Times Dispatch.

The Associated Press May 1, 2005

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Randy Moss made one thing clear following his first few workouts with the Oakland Raiders: He's going to be the same distanced superstar he was in seven tumultuous seasons in Minnesota.

"Some people call it shy. Some people call it incognito. I call it being me," Moss said yesterday between minicamp practices. "The biggest thing is, I'm coming here to work."

The extent of Moss' adjustment period with his new team has been mixing up names of several teammates and familiarizing himself with new offensive terminology in Norv Turner's system.

On the field, he sure appears smooth and collected.

"The thing that jumped out at me first was how effortless he does things," quarterback Kerry Collins said. "He's very fluid. He's a big, tall, rangy guy. I knew that, but until you see him in person you don't get an appreciation for it."

While cornerback Charles Woodson is the official franchise man -- for now, at least -- Moss is undeniably THE new face of this team.

He knows it, too.

Moss has forgotten a few teammates' names, saying it was "embarrassing," but nobody has called him by the wrong name.

"No. I think I'm in the spotlight," he said. "But if they did I wouldn't worry about it."

When asked if anything has surprised him so far wearing the Silver and Black, Moss tested the media ever so slightly.

"The only thing I can really say is the food, that's about it," he said. "Nah, it was really a joke. I'm messing with you. Nah, nothing really surprised me here."

For the most part, he just wants to be left alone.

"We've all had our moments and he's had his, but I think at the end of the day Randy Moss just wants to be a winner," Collins said.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Randy Moss made one thing clear following his first few workouts with the Oakland Raiders: He's going to be the same distanced superstar he was in seven tumultuous seasons in Minnesota.

"Some people call it shy. Some people call it incognito. I call it being me," Moss said yesterday between minicamp practices.

Moss has forgotten a few teammates' names

For the most part, he just wants to be left alone.

799464[/snapback]

:D Yep, he's that same old gregarious teammate-lovin' guy we've all come to know and love! :eek: :D

Moss went to the perfect team for him. The Oakland Raiders are the one organization that personifies the word "jackass". Moss is just another in a long line of jackass raiders. They deserve each other...

Moss went to the perfect team for him.  The Oakland Raiders are the one organization that personifies the word "jackass".  Moss is just another in a long line of jackass raiders.  They deserve each other...

799524[/snapback]

As a Chargers fan, I couldn't agree more!! :D

*smiling at the guys that don't wanna face Randy Moss twice a year* :D

799647[/snapback]

I dont want to "face" that gold toothed classless ghetto clown anytime. He will definitely fit in well with that rabble in Oakland..

week 7

800550[/snapback]

Let me get some on the under, before the bookies realize their mistake.

You know they'll be changing that line to something more realistic......like Week 2 :D

Let me get some on the under, before the bookies realize their mistake.

You know they'll be changing that line to something more realistic......like Week 2 :D

800629[/snapback]

Nah, week 2 is WAY too early... gotta give him time to insult his team mates the first time, which they will respond with "thats randy being randy". Then, a few weeks later, he'll drive over somebody pumping his gas and his lockerroom pals will respond to all interviews with "we're behind randy 100%, we're goignt to help him get through this". Now, we're up to at least week 6, the perfect time for him to crack and remind his team that the Randy is show is Nationwide and doesn't just air on the West Coast.

Week 7- and I take the under.

Remember the love-fest last year between the Eagles and Terrell Owens. Owens couldn't say enough great things about the Eagles and Donovan McNabb. Give it time. His true colors will show eventually.

Edited by Menudo

Moss went to the perfect team for him.  The Oakland Raiders are the one organization that personifies the word "jackass".  Moss is just another in a long line of jackass raiders.  They deserve each other...

799524[/snapback]

:D:D