[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England LBs

With Bruschi out, for now, and both Beisel & Brown signed. How does the NE LB situation look like it will shape up? I've heard a report that says Bruschi has been cleared to resume exercising, but that doesn't mean he'll play. And even if he does, the rest of the LB corps are not actually spring chickens. IMO Brown will most likely be a rotational player, but I believe that Beisel has a ton of upside & has played various positions for KC.

With Bruschi out, for now, and both Beisel & Brown signed. How does the NE LB situation look like it will shape up? I've heard a report that says Bruschi has been cleared to resume exercising, but that doesn't mean he'll play. And even if he does, the rest of the LB corps are not actually spring chickens. IMO Brown will most likely be a rotational player, but I believe that Beisel has a ton of upside & has played various positions for KC.

810240[/snapback]

Yes, but Monty got caught out of position a lot and was sometimes in the doghouse ... regardless, Vermiel cried when he left :D ... he had to make the transtion from DL to LB. I would suspect he has a chance, but I would not invest a lot in him ...

Yes, but Monty got caught out of position a lot and was sometimes in the doghouse ... regardless, Vermiel cried when he left  :D  ... he had to make the transtion from DL to LB.  I would suspect he has a chance, but I would not invest a lot in him ...

810353[/snapback]

thanks for the input

Yes, but Monty got caught out of position a lot and was sometimes in the doghouse ... regardless, Vermiel cried when he left  :D  ... he had to make the transtion from DL to LB.  I would suspect he has a chance, but I would not invest a lot in him ...

810353[/snapback]

Actually I already had him in two leagues last year and before he got hurt he scored me a heck of a lot of points. He may have missed some assignments, but he is still learning the position and obviously has enough talent for the Pats to consider him...and Vermeil to cry about losing him. :D I'm just mainly wondering what his value & chance to play will be in NE as well as Brown's.

Found this today.....

AP reports the New England Patriots have 17 linebackers on their roster. ILB Tedy Bruschi's (mild stroke) decision on playing in 2005 is expected in the next 30 days. The team has added linebackers in anticipation that Bruschi will not play in 2005. Veterans LB Monty Beisel (Chiefs) and LB Chad Brown (Seahawks) were added to go along with ILB Ted Johnson. ILB Dan Klecko (season ending knee injury in 2004) should be in the mix. Young LB Eric Alexander, a protege of the departed LB Roman Phifer, could emerge. The Patriots have a full complement of outside linebackers, led by OLB Willie McGinest, OLB Mike Vrabel, and OLB Rosevelt Colvin.

I have to say, I think Colvin could have a good upswing this year, depending on how they use him. His comeback from that injury has been pretty slow. Of course, he's lucky he can even walk but that's another thing. I don't know if he'll ever be what he was for the Bears, but I do expect to see more from him this year.

Isnt this the problem with the NE linebackers?  Colvin, Beisel, C. Brown, Bruschi (coming back?), Izzo, Klecko ... too many to put too much value in either Beisel or Brown?

811270[/snapback]

LBBC :D