[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Jets IDP Outlook

Now, THIS was a surprise..... Rhodes and Celestin were the safeties working with the first D today. Coleman was with the 2nd team defense. Is this a sign of a rotation at the Safety spot? Or just DC Henderson's way of lighting a fire under Coleman? Or just to see how well Rhodes and Celestin play together? I have no idea at this point. Coleman has not had a particularly good camp, that much I can say.

944902[/snapback]

any update on coleman? i traded away plaxico for him in fusion. he was number 11 in our scoring last yr. finding it hard to believe that a guy that was in on that many tackles is in danger of losing his job. i will be disgusted if this is true,( that coleman is now a second stringer) since i could have had ronde barber in the trade instead. he was top 5 in our scoring but cb's points have more of a way of fluctuating then a safeties. thats why i grabbed coleman. thought my tandem of polamalu and coleman would be one of the best in the league. i could be sorely mistaken.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any update on coleman?  i traded away plaxico for him in fusion.  he was number 11 in our scoring last yr.  finding it hard to believe that a guy that was in on that many tackles is in danger of losing his job.  i will be disgusted if this is true,( that coleman is now a second stringer) since i could have had ronde barber in the trade instead.  he was top 5 in our scoring but cb's points have more of a way of fluctuating then a safeties.  thats why i grabbed coleman.  thought my tandem of polamalu and coleman would be one of the best in the league.  i could be sorely mistaken.

957483[/snapback]

Looks like Coleman is quite safe. Apparently, the coaches just wanted Celestin and Rhodes to get some playing time together just in case Coleman gets dinged up.

Kerry Rhodes was named the official starter at one of the safety spots, but I still think Celestin will see some time, and am not entirely convinced that this starting spot will last beyond the KC game. Rhodes matches up better against Gonzo.... so stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting Safety Eric Coleman apparently injured his thumb, which requires some sort of surgery. Not much more info than that is yet available, but I think it's safe to say that Rhodes and Celestin will be the Jets' starting safeties for at least next week, and most likely much longer than that, unless they play so poorly that DC Henderson would rather start a FS that can't intercept the ball.

Abraham had a monster game yesterday, but the rest of the Jets D linemen didn't do much. Ellis was surprisingly a non factor. D Robertson also did not play well. CB Barrett may have saved his job, at least for the time being. Law played well, but dropped a sure INT.

The slant nose position remains a major problem, and it's keeping Vilma's numbers down. Vilma has all the tools, but his success is predicated on keeping the O linemen off of him, something Reed at NT has not been able to do very well. He, at 6 foot even, and at a generous listing of 285 pounds simply is not big or strong enough to get the job done. Hopefully, Pouha, the beast at 6-3, 325 will improve enough to take the job, and soon, or lower your expectations of Vilma.

Well, they are talking now that Coleman will play.... I'll update as I hear any more info. At first they said he dislocated and broke his thumb, then after the suregry they said it was only fractured and dislocated. If that was true, why was surgery needed? The Jets are a PITA when it comes to releasing injury info. All they will say about Martin's knee MRI is that it was negative, and he would not practice today. Hopefully, I'll get more info shortly.