[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention IDP people - want to be in the book?

In the Fantasy Football Handbook 2005, we are considering including an IDP mock draft in it. In order to do this, we would need actual people who know and love IDP in order to run one. Some considerations:

1. I would need significant help organizing and running it.

2. I have no idea how to structure one to be "standardized" in either scoring rules or roster requirements. Something "average" would be best.

3. We would need 12 people to do it, though realistically we could have one or two people have two teams with different names associated.

4. People drafting teams would need to write a paragrap up about how they felt their draft went.

5. It would HAVE to be finished no later than June 3rd.

Are there enough of you who would want to participate? You would get your name in the book obviously which is sort of a perk. And the acclaim and respect of all who thumb through the mag on the newstand, so there's that too.

So, enough of you wanted an IDP forum. Are there a dozen of you willing to participate in a very public mock draft? I'd even probably have to call you experts.

that june 3rd deadline is deadly for me...i get married on the 4th and will be away til the 16th of june...but if we can get it finished by the 2nd I would be in pretty good shape...maybe at most i could have a partner to help out if need be

what is more helpful? A purely IDP player draft or one that mixes them into offensive players as well?

810452[/snapback]

i dont know if you would ever see a league have a complete DEF DRAFT so I dont know how well that would help others out....what is more likely is a ROOK Draft With IDPS or a VET Draft with IDPs

the offensive philosophy(sp?) is a part of drafting when IDPs are present...when does the 1st DEF Player come off etc....

Edited by keggerz

Um.... there was also some discussion of a new dynasty IDP league, pitting 4 owners each from Fusion, Dynasty Warz and Dynasty Warz II against one another. That was supposed to be in June, but, just a thought......

I wouldn't mind helping out. I would suggest doing a single draft, combining offense and defense, which is the way every IDP league I've been involved with has done. If we participate, do we get a free copy of he hand book? :holdinghandout:

i dont know if you would ever see a league have a complete DEF DRAFT so I dont know how well that would help others out....what is more likely is a ROOK Draft With IDPS or a VET Draft with IDPs

the offensive philosophy(sp?) is a part of drafting when IDPs are present...when does the 1st DEF Player come off etc....

810460[/snapback]

i am going out on a limb here but Rajn is offline and i am sure he would want to participate

810465[/snapback]

:D

Consider me in.

DMD quick question...why such an early cut off??  Lots will unfold as camp battles take shape...just a complexity of publishing?

810470[/snapback]

Because for it to make it into the book it has to be edited, formatted and sent to printers, distributed across the land, etc. Our submit date is actually later than almost any other publication out there.

DMD quick question...why such an early cut off??  Lots will unfold as camp battles take shape...just a complexity of publishing?

810470[/snapback]

I cannot guarantee it, but sure - I'll try to send each of you a copy of it BUT you would have to make sure that you showed it to other people "for promotional purposes". I think I can get enough extra copies to send each one of them.

not enough time to do both, and DMD would like it to be 16 rounds total, so we came up with the parameters set above.  Also, its just like an offensive only draft, there is only 1 Ray Lewis as an example, but that doesnt mean you cant win without one. This is purely a strategy draft to help guide those new to IDP and what to do when the top guys are gone, just like in an offensive only league.  There will be other articles in the Handbook about IDP draft strategy so this doesnt have to be the be all, end all on teh subject.  This is just one more tool to help those who play IDP, and  more people can be apart of.  Hey you get your name in print, that has got to be a boost to the ego at your next local draft.   

Let me know if you are interested.

810608[/snapback]

I understand where you are coming from, but to be of real value, it should be both offense and defense. How many IDP only leagues have you seen. If I were DMD, I would want to give the most useful tool possible, not just the easiest to produce. It doen't take a genius to tell who are the best at each position. What the guy new to IDP wants to know is how do I compare Ray Lewis' value to that of Ladamian Tomlinson, or better yet, who is the better pick, a 2nd tier RB, or a first tier DB. Either way, I'm interested, but I would strongly suggest drafting both offense and defense, so that it is a more useful tool to the readers.

I understand where you are coming from, but to be of real value, it should be both offense and defense.  How many IDP only leagues have you seen.  If I were DMD, I would want to give the most useful tool possible, not just the easiest to produce.  It doen't take a genius to tell who are the best at each position.  What the guy new to IDP wants to know is how do I compare Ray Lewis' value to that of Ladamian Tomlinson, or better yet, who is the better pick, a 2nd tier RB, or a first tier DB.  Either way, I'm interested, but I would strongly suggest drafting both offense and defense, so that it is a more useful tool to the readers.

810735[/snapback]

i have to concur...i dont think it would be a problem as long as everyone agreed to be here we can try and knock it out in a week if we set the timer to be short!

but whatever way is ok by me

This is definately not the easiest to produce.  Quick, name the 24th best CB, or better yet the 24th best DT.  Its more in depth than a mix draft, and several leagues are adding IDP players just this way to their existing dynasty leagues, so its a benefit in that respect as well.  Poles and Holes did it a few yrs back, and my local league did it this past yr.  This is not about quick and easy, but in depth and informative.  And there will be an article written about Ray Lewis value to that of a top RB, rest assured.  Im Working on that right now as we speak.  :D

810765[/snapback]

Two words for you.

"Spell Check"

Please keep it to a paragraph or you will have to cut it down.  DMD will advise on whose is too long when we are done. So dont be the guy/Bunz who has to redo yours.

810578[/snapback]

:D Calling me long-winded? :D

Psst.....you coulda just lumped me in with "guys"...I wouldn't have been offended.