[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP "Team Correspondents"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem here with that, but if it's a forum, doesn't that still suck up alot of bandwidth? Or would that be a fixed page, er sumptin? I have no clue on the technical end of it..... so I'm just asking.  :D

811649[/snapback]

:D yeah, not sure...

32 posts isn't all that much, though. The Fantasy Advice Forum gets 32 posts in 5 minutes some days... :D

1 Thread with 32 LINKS to each team is the way to go...pinning 32 threads would be major ugliness....

pin the one thread with all 32 list them by div and give the homer coor. name after the team name in the html link!

1 Thread with 32 LINKS to each team is the way to go...pinning 32 threads would be major ugliness....

pin the one thread with all 32 list them by div and give the homer coor. name after the team name in the html link!

812102[/snapback]

Has anyone made a decision on this yet?

Has anyone made a decision on this yet?

812777[/snapback]

I'll end up pinning a "master" thread with links to all 32 "sub" threads, arranged by division. We have some time to work out the kinks; I'll wait for a few days or a week until we have some more people lined up, and then I'll beta test it...

Darin, should there be a recruiting thread for open teams in the main forum? Like I said previously, i could also double up with the Giants or an AFC East team.

812827[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer to handle multiple teams... that's a distinct possibility. I appreciate the offer. I will start threads in the Football, Fantasy and even Tailgate forums at some point today to attempt to drum up more interest. :D

Although I don't live in the area, I'm willing and able to handle the Green Bay IDPs. However, if a Wisconsin resident steps up, they'll probably have better access to local media -- radio in particular. So, I'll be the default, pending a true "homer" volunteering.

I assume you want something similar to what Rovers posted?

811107[/snapback]

I live in Madison and would be happy to share the duties with you.

Thanks for the offer to handle multiple teams...  that's a distinct possibility.  I appreciate the offer.  I will start threads in the Football, Fantasy and even Tailgate forums at some point today to attempt to drum up more interest.  :D

812841[/snapback]

I do live in the middle of Ohio....and our paper (rag that it is) covers the Browns and the Bengals mostly. I think Loaf and KevinL are in Cleveland....could be much better sources. But if need be......I'd double up as well Darin.

Here's one you might not know......lol. The Browns were so disappointing last year....that our local TV feed dropped their games in favor of almost anyone else's games halfway through the season. First time in 20 years I can remember that happening.

We actually got more regularly scheduled Pitt games than Cleveland games last year. :D (Sort of defeated my purpose in getting DirecTV.....lol...not that I'm giving it up!)

Edited by SteelBunz

I do live in the middle of Ohio....and our paper (rag that it is) covers the Browns and the Bengals mostly.  I think Loaf and KevinL are in Cleveland....could be much better sources.  But if need be......I'd double up as well Darin.

Here's one you might not know......lol.  The Browns were so disappointing last year....that our local TV feed dropped their games in favor of almost anyone else's games halfway through the season.  First time in 20 years I can remember that happening.

We actually got more regularly scheduled Pitt games than Cleveland games last year.  :D  (Sort of defeated my purpose in getting DirecTV.....lol...not that I'm giving it up!)

814390[/snapback]

:D Thanks, Bunz! Would you rather have the Brownies? Or the Bungles?

I'm a lifelong 'Skins fan who is in the Ironman IDP league.  I'll be happy to report on the team here.

815702[/snapback]

OK, you're in. Hopefully you'll be able to build on those whopping three posts :D

So, what did we decide to do?  Have a link to each teams correspondents thread?

818109[/snapback]

Good question, Spain. And last I counted we still only had about half of the teams covered. Darin, any luck getting more correspondents?

Good question, Spain.  And last I counted we still only had about half of the teams covered.  Darin, any luck getting more correspondents?

818180[/snapback]

As the season approaches, more people will be frequenting the boards. It is only us freaks and geeks who stay year round. We should have success getting mostl teams covered by the time ff drafts roll around...

Darin, should there be a recruiting thread for open teams in the main forum? Like I said previously, i could also double up with the Giants or an AFC East team.

812827[/snapback]

Considering we have an entire division in ConFusion devoted to the Giants, we should be able to recruit someone.

Good question, Spain.  And last I counted we still only had about half of the teams covered.  Darin, any luck getting more correspondents?

818180[/snapback]

As the season approaches, more people will be frequenting the boards.  It is only us freaks and geeks who stay year round.  We should have success getting mostl teams covered by the time ff drafts roll around...

818215[/snapback]

I posted in the Tailgate, FF Forum and NFL Forum to get some more traffic, and I think it landed me a couple (redman, for one). I'll re-post the same here today, and like spain noted, there will be more overall traffic pretty soon and we can shore up the ins and outs of how this will work.

FYI, Saints IDP report coming soon. Hopefully I can get it done before the weekend. If you have any particular items you'd like to have addressed let me know now & I'll try to work it in.

Edited by rajncajn