[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP "Team Correspondents"

well, just checking how many open spots there are left for correspondents :eek:...... I guess I could scribble a few words about the Hawks from time to time.... even though you all know where my heart really lies. :D

823326[/snapback]

That'd be great - thanks!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can take the Giants for ya but, would like to have a second person if (God for bid) I get bogged down with work. :D

824994[/snapback]

sounds good... i'm sure there's a g-man fan out there that could help out... smithkt perhaps? isn't he a giant fan?

Once you do the initial report, I don't think it should take a lot of time for updates and stuff. Especially for teams like the Giants.... thier starters are pretty well set. Teams like Houston still have a ton of things to get resolved though. For instance, I have the Jets. Only one CB position and a battle at SS have yet to be resolved, barring injuries. Now, if had to report on the Jets offense, that would be a whole different ball of wax. I suppose one could get carried away with doing a report after every game, but I'm not sure that is the idea here... 'course, I've been wrong before!

Once you do the initial report, I don't think it should take a lot of time for updates and stuff. Especially for teams like the Giants.... thier starters are pretty well set. Teams like Houston still have a ton of things to get resolved though. For instance, I have the Jets. Only one CB position and a battle at SS have yet to be resolved, barring injuries. Now, if  had to report on the Jets offense, that would be a whole different ball of wax. I suppose one could get carried away with doing a report after every game, but I'm not sure that is the idea here... 'course, I've been wrong before!

825190[/snapback]

I hear ya, Rov. In the preseason, a tell-all report highlighting the who's-who of the defense would be fine. I put together a pretty comprehensive post on the Chargers, discussing topics like who to draft, sleepers and rumors. There won't be much to comment on for alot of teams. I don't think anyone's expecting weekly or even bi-weekly updates for alot of teams, unless they make a trade or major announcement regarding starters, etc. Once July/August rolls around, though, it'd be good to see bi-weekly updates as to who looks good in camp, injuries, etc. And then of course once the season is upon us, I think a weekly update would be great. If you don't have the time/resources to do that, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We're taking time out of our busy schedules to do this, so any and all information we provide is out of the kindness of our Huddler hearts! Some correspondents may elect to get way in-depth... I will probably just put in an update Tuesday evenings, highlighting the past Sunday's game, who got hurt (if applicable), who to start/bench for the next game, and rumors about changes to the starting lineup, if any.

:D

Edited to add: Check out ESPN's Fantasy Baseball Team Correspondents Page here for a better idea of what I had in mind for this.

Edited by darin3

Teams like Houston still have a ton of things to get resolved though.

825190[/snapback]

Yeah, I was wanting to wait at least a little bit longer for the Texans report. As of right now I would have to list probably 20 players, and none of them are a for sure bet. And with Boulware visiting last week, and him playing both OLB and DE, it just makes it that more complicated. I will put something out, just sorta waiting for the picture to clear up at least a little bit.

I have the Titans so my work is cut out for me. 2 new starters at CB with the departure of Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson. 2 new starters at DE with the departure of Kevin Carter and Carlos Hall. The Safety position is the only one that I know for a fact who the starters will be. Huge battle to get in the tackle rotation along with Albert Haynesworth. LB's are probably the most solid unit on the entire defense but still some competition for the final spot. i am going to put off my initial report for at least a little while...

I will resist the urge to pretend I am the beat reporter on the NY Daily News, and try to keep my reports fact filled, with only the occassional opinion and little fluff. For in season reports, things like the rotation at the slant nose in the Jets D line are the sort of thing I'll report on. If Sione Pouha emerges as the primary guy, that is what I'll include. I figure injuries too, but with the Huddles new expert, that may be redundant. I may end up quoting more often that not! :D I don't see me doing extensive breakdowns and such.... people can read stats, no need to get bogged down with that, unless a particular player has an exceptionally noteworthy game. It will be fun to watch how each correspondent approaches this.

Oh, and Ziachild, yer fulla bunkaroo! You just don't want anyone to know who the starting LB's for Houston will be! :D J/K!

Oh, and Ziachild, yer fulla bunkaroo! You just don't want anyone to know who the starting LB's for Houston will be!  :D  J/K!

825424[/snapback]

Why else would I have 4 of them on my DW2 roster??? :D

Just checking in, Darin....did anyone closer to the situations volunteer for the Clowns or the Bungles yet?

If not....I'll take the Bengals.....lol.  I'm not sure I could be objective in my views on the Browns.  :D

826688[/snapback]

Nope, no one's volunteered for either. I'll put ya down for the Bungles. :D

I'd be up for the Panthers spot if Johnnies or P-Dave doesn't want the spot.  I follow the team very close and could the local info posted quickly.

827370[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything from either - although since it's the off-season, responses will come slower than normal. I'll put you down for now, and you could perhaps collaborate with those guys. Thanks! Feel free to give us some off-season commentary (see other pinned topic).

:D

I'm surprised we havent gotten a Phins fan yet..... and it's a tricky one this year with Saban's new D system..... I have to add a few things to my Jets report, but I'm willing to take a stab at Miami until we can find a homer that wants it. Since I own a few Miami D players, I've kept up fairly well with developments on the Dolphins, and have a fair idea of who will play where and how often in the new alignments. So, darin, let me know if you want me to fill in till we find a homer for Miami.

I'm surprised we havent gotten a Phins fan yet..... and it's a tricky one this year with Saban's new D system..... I have to add a few things to my Jets report, but I'm willing to take a stab at Miami until we can find a homer that wants it. Since I own a few Miami D players, I've kept up fairly well with developments on the Dolphins, and have a fair idea of who will play where and how often in the new alignments.  So, darin, let me know if you want me to fill in till we find a homer for Miami.

827575[/snapback]

Sounds good, Rov!

I'll put you down as the interim Miami leader, and we'll see if a homer steps in as we approach mid-summer.

Thanks for volunteering - much appreciated. :D