[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Commentary

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, it was a no brainer to take Tomlinson or Holmes with the 1.01 and 1.02 picks, but with durability and upside points being the main characteristics for a #1 RB, Alexander is the closest thing to Curtis Martin in terms of being an iron man, IMO.

1.5 redraft,  I will ride Priest Holmes all the way to the Super Bowl.  Holmes comes back with a vengance having something to prove for at least this yr.

812354[/snapback]

in this pretend league you mean ? :D

the last statement there sounds curiously like someone who owns priest in a IDP league that you co-commish... with some stud from seattle. :D:D

Keg, don't like the Manning pick, eh? After Tomlinson and maybe Alexander, I had Manning next. This year's crop of RB's is deeper than last years'. CPep doesnt have Moss, and McNabb may not have Owens. Only Manning returns with his offense intact, and he never gets hurt. I project his totals to be well above any other QB in 2005. I have the remaining RB's in my second tier. I don't trust Holmes to stay healthy, and Edge doesnt see the end zone enough. I'd rather get an RB at the bottom of my second tier, not from the top. Moss or Owens? Too many question marks at this point. Picking at 3, I wanted a sure fire stud, and I got him.

Last year CPep and Manning outscored all other NFL players by almost 100 points...

Culpepper-432

Manning-417

McNabb-338

Manning did not play in week 17, so he actually outscored Culpepper through 16 weeks. When I draft I look at point differentials. If I had not taken Manning, I would have ended up with a QB that might finish 100 points behind Manning. If I had taken an RB there, could he outscore the one I might take with my 2nd round pick by 100? I doubt that. Can Manning throw another 49 TD's? probably not, but I still expect him to outscore the QB I might have gotten by 75 points.

Edited by Rovers

1.5 redraft,  I will ride Priest Holmes all the way to the Super Bowl.  Holmes comes back with a vengance having something to prove for at least this yr.

812354[/snapback]

I have been a Priest supporter for a long time, but I dont like him this high this year. Injuries and age will take a toll again this year. Plus, LJ is finally out of the doghouse and may cut into Priests carries some. Still like Priest the Beast but dont see alot of value taking him at 1.5...

Keg, don't like the Manning pick, eh? After Tomlinson and maybe Alexander, I had Manning next. This year's crop of RB's is deeper than last years'. CPep doesnt have Moss, and McNabb may not have Owens. Only Manning returns with his offense intact, and he never gets hurt.  I project his totals to be well above any other QB in 2005. I have the remaining RB's in my second tier. I don't trust Holmes to stay healthy, and Edge doesnt see the end zone enough. I'd rather get an RB at the bottom of my second tier, not from the top. Moss or Owens? Too many question marks at this point. Picking at 3, I wanted a sure fire stud, and I got him.

Last year CPep and Manning outscored all other NFL players by almost 100 points...

Culpepper-432

Manning-417

McNabb-338

Manning did not play in week 17, so he actually outscored Culpepper through 16 weeks. When I draft I look at point differentials. If I had not taken Manning, I would have ended up with a QB that might finish 100 points behind Manning. If I had taken an RB there, could he outscore the one I might take with my 2nd round pick by 100? I doubt that. Can Manning throw another 49 TD's? probably not, but I still expect him to outscore the QB I might have gotten by 75 points.

812425[/snapback]

:D it's just a mock. :D

Well, he didnt tell me he wouldn't predraft, I assumed he would. I agree Sarge, this needs to pick up in a big way. We need to be in the third round by tonight, or something like that. I'll be on line all day, so I won't predraft. But, I'll be ready to pick as soon as I come back up!

Anybody know how to contact Darin3?  Maybe he and Josh are out together... :D

812569[/snapback]

I made it perfectly clear that I would be gone from Thursday 6pm PDT until Friday 9am PDT. I was all set and ready to fire it up yesterday afternoon. Quit your bellyaching.

Pick 1.06

As soon as I saw that I was picking sixth, I got a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. Pick 6, essentially, meant I was going to face the dilemma of selecting Peyton Manning, or taking a chance on Willis McGahee or perhaps Domanick Davis. Rovers, for some reason, took Manning THIRD despite having a roster requirement of 5 RBs, and having QB TDs count for only 4 points. Interesting. That being said, Corey Dillon slipped to me at #6. I'd be pretty psyched up if I were in a league where I got Dillon sixth. Sure, he's over 30, but his running style suits the Patriots' offense to a tee. The Patriots are - again - going to be ahead in many a ballgame, and they'll be feeding Dillon the ball a ton. The loss of OC Charlie Weis doesn't really affect Dillon's game, in my opinion. Dillon's gonna have another fabulous season, and will anchor my corps of RBs. I would be shocked if he doesn't approach or surpass 1,600 yards again, and double digit TDs is a shoo-in. It will be interesting to see how Belichick, operating as OC, will utilize Dillon in the short passing game. I suspect Dillon will catch more than one ball per game, as he did last season.

spain, nice pick! I had Lewis at #3 on my RB list. Darin.... Dillon? Really? :scratchesheadwalksawaymumbling:

I explained/defended my Manning pick. Dillon? at 6? With Beilchick calling the offensive plays (remember how well THAT went in Cleveland?) and no offensive coordinator, no way do I see him as a top 5 RB! The Pats O line lost Andruzzi, and arent as good as they were last year, on paper, anyways. Duece was hurt last year, and the NO O line has improved.... that would have been my pick, even though he burnt me last year.

Edited by Rovers