[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about picking apart my DWII defense

1-projected starter

2-projected backup

3-projected backup with upside

x-possible drop

Defensive Line

1 Kalu, Ndukwe PHI DE

1 Mathis, Robert IND DE

2 Gregg, Kelly BAL DT

2 Williams, Pat MIN DT

2 Bowens, David MIA DE

x Jackson, Tyoka STL DE

Linebackers

1 Barnett, Nick GBP LB

1 Witherspoon, Will CAR LB

1 Arrington, Lavar WAS LB

1 Nguyen, Dat DAL LB

2 Darling, James ARI LB

2 Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB

3 James, Bradie DAL LB

3 Beisel, Monty NEP LB

3 Bockwoldt, Colby NOS LB

3 Stewart, Matt CLE LB

Defensive Back

1 Williams, Roy DAL S

1 Taylor, Sean WAS S

2 Macklin, David ARI CB

3 Lynch, John DEN S

3 Jackson, Dexter TBB S

x Ohalete, Ifeanyi ARI S

x Alexander, Brent NYG S

x Anderson, Marques OAK S

x Walker, Bracy DET S

DTS

2 Allen, Jared KCC DE

x Odom, Antwan TEN DE

x Olshansky, Igor SDC DT

x Adibi, Nathaniel IND DE

What do I know, but I think you need DL help ... I dont have any of your DL ranked in the top 40 ... what about moving Arrington for some DL help and promoting Greenwood into the starting rotation ...

I like Jared Allen but the Chiefs brought in Carlos Hall to compete for his spot and the Chiefs like to rotate DL a lot anyway ... I am not sure that moving him from the PS would help you ...

Other than that a very strong group.

(For what my opinion is worth :D )

The first 3 LB's are fine.... after that, I don't like the depth. I'm leary of any Dallas LB, with all the changes Parcells has made in personnel. Dat for whatever reason, has never been a Parcells favorite. Greenwood may or may not work out in Houston, and Darling is fighting to remain a starter.

You have 2 good DB's but after that they are weak. Add the fact that a second year guy like Taylor is holding out for a new contract, it gets more worrisome. In a 16 team league though, it's not easy to have much depth.

The first 3 LB's are fine.... after that, I don't like the depth. I'm leary of any Dallas LB, with all the changes Parcells has made in personnel. Dat for whatever reason, has never been a Parcells favorite. Greenwood may or may not work out in Houston, and Darling is fighting to remain a starter.

812503[/snapback]

I thought I was pretty deep at LB. :D

Actually, Dat is a Parcells favorite. He wasn't in the beginning becasue of his size. But, he's proved to Bill that he is a great LB despite that. Dat's numbers should not change at all this season & therefore would make him a starter for most of the teams in our league. Greenwood last year scored well enough to be a starter on many teams as well, now he's starting & replacing one of the better LBs in our league. The scheme hasn't changed any in Houston & Greenwood has proven already in Miami that he has the skills to be a good, if not great, LB. Darling rounds out as a solid 3rd backup. Agreed, he may lose his job at some point, but if not he'll put up around 200 points. The rest are all upside players IMO. James and Bockwoldt are starting now, Both at WLB. Stewart and Beisel are both moving into better situations. Beisel as a MLB & Stewart at OLB.

You have 2 good DB's but after that they are weak. Add the fact that a second year guy like Taylor is holding out for a new contract, it gets more worrisome. In a 16 team league though, it's not easy to have much depth.

812503[/snapback]

Yeah, have to agree there. Last year I was fine, but a bunch of my starters got replaced this year or got injured last year. I feel like I have made some improvements adding Roy & adding some depth with Macklin & Lynch, but I also need one of my other DBs to work out. My best hope right now is Dexter Jackson. :D The one good thing is that it's usually fairly easy to pick up servicable players during the season on the WW.

DL is definately in a shmbles right now. I've got players coming back from injury, players that have lost their starting job, players that are getting old, players that have been moved to lower performing positions & players that just flat out suck. Not sure what I want to do with this position just yet, but a miracle would be nice.

Greenwood last year scored well enough to be a starter on many teams as well, now he's starting & replacing one of the better LBs in our league. The scheme hasn't changed any in Houston & Greenwood has proven already in Miami that he has the skills to be a good, if not great, LB.

Greenwood is a tackling machine, but not a big play guy ... I am very high on him to have numbers similar to what Sharper had in that system. The Texans have made a huge monetary investment in him ... look for him to be a top 15 LB IMHO ...

I think he gives you freedom to move another LB for DE/S help ...

I had to wonder about Dat with the Dallas draft, and the fact that he was the centerpiece of the failed Howard trade talks. Greenwood is athletic, and should do well on the inside in the Texans' 3-4, but that remains to be seen. I wouldn't mind having him as my 4th LB, so maybe I was a bit rough on the LB's. Heck, there really aren't many stud DL's out there. Hardly worth the time to pick on them, since you only start two.

Heck, there really aren't many stud DL's out there. Hardly worth the time to pick on them, since you only start two.

812736[/snapback]

I know where there are 2 :D

1-projected starter

2-projected backup

3-projected backup with upside

x-possible drop

Defensive Line

1 Kalu, Ndukwe PHI DE

1 Mathis, Robert IND DE

2 Gregg, Kelly BAL DT

2 Williams, Pat MIN DT

2 Bowens, David MIA DE

x Jackson, Tyoka STL DE

Linebackers

1 Barnett, Nick GBP LB

1 Witherspoon, Will CAR LB

1 Arrington, Lavar WAS LB

1 Nguyen, Dat DAL LB

2 Darling, James ARI LB

2 Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB

3 James, Bradie DAL LB

3 Beisel, Monty NEP LB

3 Bockwoldt, Colby NOS LB

3 Stewart, Matt CLE LB

Defensive Back

1 Williams, Roy DAL S

1 Taylor, Sean WAS S

2 Macklin, David ARI CB

3 Lynch, John DEN S

3 Jackson, Dexter TBB S

x Ohalete, Ifeanyi ARI S

x Alexander, Brent NYG S

x Anderson, Marques OAK S

x Walker, Bracy DET S

DTS

2 Allen, Jared KCC DE

x Odom, Antwan TEN DE

x Olshansky, Igor SDC DT

x Adibi, Nathaniel IND DE

812465[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree with previous posters here: your DL looks pretty thin, but as we all (should) know, DL is the least dependable IDP position to count on for scoring. Hopefully you can grab a waiver wire gem, pull off a trade, or get servicable numbers from what you have.

Your LBs look pretty solid; I like Biesel's chances at being very Bruschi-like for the Pats. He'll definitely be a solid backup. I think you have plenty of depth here.

Your DBs are outstanding. Pardon me for not reading up on your league's rules, but is this a keeper/dynasty league? If so, you're set with Williams and Taylor for the next 5+ years. A little thin, depth-wise, at DB, but that shouldn't be too big of an issue given you have two quality starters.

Hope this sets your mind at ease a bit... best of luck in your season! :D

OK, for yer perusal, my DWII defense:

DL

A Kampman, GB, DT

M Stroud, Jac, DT

G Ellis, Dal, DE

M Wiley, Jac, DE

C Kelsay, Buf, DE

LB's

J Farrior, Pit, ILB

E Hartwell, Atl, MLB

M Barrow, Was, MLB

P Boulware, FA, OLB-DE?

I Reese, Atl, OLB

M Vrabel, NE, LB

J Seau, Mia, ILB/MLB backup

A Peek, Hou, OLB

DB's

M Williams, Cin, S

A Wilson, Ari, S

N Ferguson, Den, S

M Bowen, Was, S

L Sheppard, Phi, CB

Fire away! (16 team league)

there will be no picking apart this defense. :D

Kevin Williams

Greg Spires

Kenard Lang

Derrick Burgess

Grant Wistrom

Andre Carter :D

Zach Thomas

Keith Brooking

Tommy Polley

Chad Brown

DD Lewis

Orlando Huff

Niko Koudivides

Michael Boulware

Darren Sharper

Bob Sanders

Kenoy Kennedy

Ken Hamlin

aside from maybe another LB..... assuming niko doesn't pan out...... there will be plenty of points IMO. :D

16 team

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

OK, for yer perusal, my DWII defense:

DL

A Kampman, GB, DT

M Stroud, Jac, DT

G Ellis, Dal, DE

M Wiley, Jac, DE

C Kelsay, Buf, DE

LB's

J Farrior, Pit, ILB

E Hartwell, Atl, MLB

M Barrow, Was, MLB

P Boulware, FA, OLB-DE?

I Reese, Atl, OLB

M Vrabel, NE, LB

J Seau, Mia, ILB/MLB backup

A Peek, Hou, OLB

DB's

M Williams, Cin, S

A Wilson, Ari, S

N Ferguson, Den, S

M Bowen, Was, S

L Sheppard, Phi, CB

Fire away! (16 team league)

812899[/snapback]

DL - Not flashy, but solid. I like Kampman alot; he should rack up some sacks this season. Stroud is a solid mid-level DL.

LB - Again, not flashy, but solid. Farrior's an absolute beast and will anchor your LB corps. Not sure how Hartwell will fare in Atlanta - could be a big make-or-break pick. Boulware landing on the right team in the right situation could be nice.

DB - I love Adrian Wilson (got him in ConFusion), and the rest of your DBs look servicable if not better.

Pretty solid IDPs for a 16-team league. :D

I'm a bit concerned about my 3rd and 4th LB's. If by some miracle, Barrow starts, I'm set at #3. Seau is now a prt time backer. Hartwell in the middle of a 4-3 should , I sure hope, turn out to be a stud. Reese looks like he should start, so he'd be a good #4 if he does. Vrabel is a pedestrian bye week sort of guy. I'll be looking LB in the rookie draft.

I think the DB's are stronger than they might apear to be. Wilson and Williams were at 230 points last year. Bowens looks like he gets the starting SS job back, after last year's knee injury, and Ferguson replaces the departed kenoy Kennedy at SS for Denver. Between the 4 of them, they should average 200 points for the year. I think this is the heart of my D, the DB's. Lito Sheppard is a pretty good CB, and adds depth.

Edited by Rovers

I had to wonder about Dat with the Dallas draft, and the fact that he was the centerpiece of the failed Howard trade talks.

812736[/snapback]

He's what the Saints were asking for. JJ, supposedly was ready to make the deal, but Bill told him he wasn't dealing Dat. IMO that's got to say a lot about how he feels about Dat, especially as bad as they needed a DE.

I can help here too.  :D

812719[/snapback]

I know where there are 2  :D

812850[/snapback]

All in good time ladies. Right now I have bigger fish to fry. :D

This is my first year in an IDP league and it probably shows, but what the hey, I'll play along too (probable starters in bold):

DL

Peppers, Julius CAR DE

Rice, Simeon TBB DE

Smith, Robaire HOU DE

Warren, Ty NEP DE

Davis, Russell ARI DT

Young, Brian NOS DT

LB

Simmons, Brian CIN LB

Wilson, Al DEN LB

Wong, Kailee HOU LB

Foote, Larry PIT LB

Hobson, Victor NYJ LB

Porter, Joey PIT LB

Davis, James DET LB

Sykes, Jashon DEN LB

DB

Demps, Will BAL S

Jones, Tebucky MIA S

Lucas, Ken CAR CB

Newman, Terence DAL CB

Branch, Colin CAR S

Manning, Ricky CAR CB

DTS

Babin, Jason HOU LB

Miller, Caleb CIN LB

I have some thoughts on yer D, Z, but I'll only answer yers if you answer mines!

813294[/snapback]

OK OK

Now you now I am still green at this stuff, so I am in no way shape or form an expert, but I will give my view.

Your DL will match up with most of the other teams in the league, but there will not be many weeks that they will win be superior to your opponent. Kampman will be a good DL1, if he continues to build on what he did last year. Stroud will be a solid DT, but I have my doubt about Wiley. I think he is better suited to be a 3-4 DE rather than a 4-3 DE. Ellis and Kelsay can fill in and at least give you some points in a bye week.

Your 2 top LB should be solid for you all season long. The rest of the group I consider about the same statistically. Barrow could step up, but I have heard his rehab is not as far along as the Skins are making it out to be. The rest of the crew is not terrible as a LB3, but unless they make a big improvement over last year, they are all average.

IMO, you really need another solid DB to go with Wilson and Williams as your top starters at DB. Your other 3 guys IMO are all of the fill-in caliber only. Being that your first draft pick is not until the mid rounds, you will have to hope one of these guys raises thier level of play or you can get a waiver wire gem.

Like I said, I am even playing IDP, so I am not sure if my analysis is as helpful as some of the IDP vets, but you asked so there ya go. :D

This is my first year in an IDP league and it probably shows, but what the hey, I'll play along too (probable starters in bold):

DL

Peppers, Julius CAR DE

Rice, Simeon TBB DE

Smith, Robaire HOU DE

Warren, Ty NEP DE

Davis, Russell ARI DT

Young, Brian NOS DT

LB

Simmons, Brian CIN LB

Wilson, Al DEN LB

Wong, Kailee HOU LB

Foote, Larry PIT LB

Hobson, Victor NYJ LB

Porter, Joey PIT LB

Davis, James DET LB

Sykes, Jashon DEN LB

DB

Demps, Will BAL S 

Jones, Tebucky MIA S

Lucas, Ken CAR CB

Newman, Terence DAL CB

Branch, Colin CAR S

Manning, Ricky CAR CB

DTS

Babin, Jason HOU LB

Miller, Caleb CIN LB

813288[/snapback]

I like your starting 2 DL's, but there isnt any depth behind them.

You've got three solid starting LB's and enough bench to get you through the bye weeks. It's hard to have 4 solid LB's in a 16 team dynasty league. Same thing for your DB's, except the starts are not as good across the board. None of them are in my top thirty DB list. That is your biggest weakness, the DB's. I'd be looking to shore that up in the rookie draft.

Not enough? OK... I think Wong may have a very good year, I like his upside. Simmons and Wilson are solid point generators, but I don't think you have a servicable bye week LB in there. Foote, Hobson and Porter might work out, depending on matchups, but they are a weak group. Babin is probably better than any of them, IF he beats out Peek for the starting job. He may get pulled for Peek, making him a two down LB though too, even if he is named as the starter.

Beyond what said already about the DB's.... I don't have much. Jones, Demps, Lucas.... none of them is a true stud. I think Lucas will get thrown at less this year. Not sure how the departure of Knight and the Poole injury will affect Jones though.... he might have to help more in coverage. Miami also has a new defensive scheme, so it's hard to predict his numbers. I have all three of them ranked pretty close together, around 30.

Edited by Rovers