[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fragile Out For the Season?

spain

I have read a couple rumors about Fragile Fred Taylor's knee injury keeping him out of training camp this year and possible missing the entire season. I have no confirmation on this whatsoever. Can anyone shed some light on the seriousness of Fragile's knee and when he will be back for the Jags?

For what it's worth:

• 08MAY05 Cincinnati Enquirer on Fred Taylor: Jaguars RB Taylor sat out with a knee injury and said: "There was a little bit more (MCL damage) than the first diagnosis, but nothing overly bad. It was sort of like rotating the wheels on your car, because I want to play 6 or 7 more years." Taylor said he'll be ready for camp.

Also, from KFFL:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat, 14 May 2005 06:42:05 -0700

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Carl Smith has left open the possibility RB Fred Taylor (knee) could miss the season due to his recent knee surgery. At a minimum, as noted previously, Taylor will not be able to do any work in June.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun, 8 May 2005 07:51:15 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars could express interest in free agent RB Eddie George (Cowboys) with RB Fred Taylor (knee) still recovering from a knee injury. The Jaguars are believed to be seriously contemplating whether to inquire about George this year.

Edited by ts

That's more than enough info to keep me from drafting him. Funny though after all the years of the Jags rebuilding and personnel changes Fragile Freddie is the one who stuck around.

Edited by major-tom

I know a certain DWII owner who won't be happy to read this thread.

813811[/snapback]

:D

:D

813816[/snapback]

No worries. It does change things up a little bit, but nothing I cant overcome. On the positive side, at least I will probably end up with 2.1 next year. :D

who is the backup, Greg Jones or Toefield?

814008[/snapback]

I've always thought that Toefield was their 3rd down back, not Fred's backup. There was some talk about moving Jones to fullback, but I bet he get's a chance at the job.

Good think the Jags drafted Pearman...

Toefield has been the 3rd down back and I do not believe he will be the starter if Taylor doesn't come back or goes down to injury again.

Consider in the two weeks that Taylor did not play last year:

Week 17 - Toefield (7car - 18 yd, 2 cat - 26 yd), Jones (16 car - 30 yd)

Week 16 - Toefield (3 car - 13 yd, 2 cat - (-5)), Jones 9 car - 38 yd)

Jones was the back-up for when FT was out last year but he certainly didn't amaze anyone. Alvin Pearman might end up very interesting.

From what I've read, Jones is the FB, but things can change, look at Goings last year. First off, I think Taylor will play. Second, I think Toefield gets a shot if he doesnt. Even if Pearman does get some time, he won't be getting the rock at the goal line. It's a stay away situation for me. With all of the complaints the head coach has publically lodged regarding Taylor's lack of success in the red zone, I have avoided him anyway. He really burnt me two years ago when he played against the Jets when all reports said he wouldn't. After that, I haven't even dreamed of drafting him, unless it was in a nightmare.

From what I've read, Jones is the FB, but things can change, look at Goings last year. First off, I think Taylor will play. Second, I think Toefield gets a shot if he doesnt. Even if Pearman does get some time, he won't be getting the rock at the goal line. It's a stay away situation for me. With all of the complaints the head coach has publically lodged regarding Taylor's lack of success in the red zone, I have avoided him anyway. He really burnt me two years ago when he played against the Jets when all reports said he wouldn't. After that, I haven't even dreamed of drafting him, unless it was in a nightmare.

814211[/snapback]

I think any fantasy player worth his salt has a Freddy T Anger Story. Mine centers around The Groin Tear.

I think any fantasy player worth his salt has a Freddy T Anger Story.  Mine centers around The Groin Tear.

814213[/snapback]

Use Anal Lube next time..

I know he tends to get hurt often, but I've only had him on my fantasy team the last three years, and he only missed like two games. Granted he only scored like two touchdowns. (I've since traded him for T. Holt) Anyhow, when healthy, I think he bar-none is the best runner in the NFL. He has the best mix of size, speed, quickness, and running strength--and although he isn't on TV often, he is just jawdropping to watch.

I think any fantasy player worth his salt has a Freddy T Anger Story.  Mine centers around The Groin Tear.

814213[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that groin tear blew up an entire season for me. Tried to recover, but ended up going 6-7 and missing the playoffs in my local.

I read in the local newspaper that Jacksonville is very interested in Travis Henry. We'll see what happens with that one. First it was Arizona, then Phily. I'll believe it when I see it that Henry gets traded. For his sake and for the sake of the Bills, I hope it happens soon. And for my sake, I hope that he winds up starting somewhere. I have a clause in a trade that only kicks in if he is starting.

Oh yeah, that groin tear blew up an entire season for me.  Tried to recover, but ended up going 6-7 and missing the playoffs in my local.

815918[/snapback]

Yeah, that was the year after I had won our Super Bowl methinks. About a week or so after that Rickey Watters went down so both my starting RBs were out after the first few weeks. The only consolation was...I had Shaun Alexander.