[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why so high on McGahee?

Potman

What, no love for Steve Jackson?

:D

819002[/snapback]

No, I don't like Jackson in a redraft. Martz contiues to under utilize his RB's, and Faulk is still there. I would never draft him, because some one will come along that likes him much earlier than I would take him. I'd take Jordan over Jackson, to mention just one other RB.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still puzzled as to why Julius Jones is considered a top 10 back....?

he had a strong 2nd half of the season, didn't William Green do this in 2002?....did anyone put him in the top 10 in 2003?....let alone their top 15....

I'd easily put LaMont Jordan over him...I already rated my top 10 in another post, however I do admit I rated McGahee a bit high due to the fact his OL has had more changes than I'd like to see....

I'm amazed at all the Lamont Jordan love that is out there. This guy hasn't done anything yet but so many people declare his greatness.

Would somebody please tell me what I am missing out on with Lamont Jordan???

Jones didn't get any action until what the 6th game of the year. As a rookie he looked very good, except for his receiving (which by the way he was touted to be a good receiver coming out of college). Jones is in a system where he will put up good stats that should rank him in the top 10 easily.

McGahee deserves a top 5 rating. A guy who took the position from a decent RB (Henry) and showed everything you would want to see out of a back. He too is in a system that will show case his abilities and not take him out at the goal line. Losman may set him back a little but I really think Losman just increases the value of a good RB for fantasy stats.

Jones is a top ten guy in my book.

It was November 21st he came back. Had been listed as doubtful and got 81 yards on 30 carries in Baltimore against the Ravens. Not bad for his first pro start.

He started the last 7 games for the Cowboys and had 192 carries, 803 yards, 7 TDs and 2 fumbles. That's 27.4 carries a game, 114.7 yards a game and a TD a game. I'll take that late in the first round.

Edited by Big Red

I'm amazed at all the Lamont Jordan love that is out there. This guy hasn't done anything yet but so many people declare his greatness.

Jones didn't get any action until what the 6th game of the year. As a rookie he looked very good, except for his receiving (which by the way he was touted to be a good receiver coming out of college). Jones is in a system where he will put up good stats that should rank him in the top 10 easily.

McGahee deserves a top 5 rating. A guy who took the position from a decent RB (Henry) and showed everything you would want to see out of a back. He too is in a system that will show case his abilities and not take him out at the goal line. Losman may set him back a little but I really think Losman just increases the value of a good RB for fantasy stats.

819928[/snapback]

The Jordan "greatness" thing I havent really seen. He's going in the second and third rounds, from what I've seen. Norv Turner has historically relied heavilly on a feature RB.... whether Jordan can be that guy remians to be seen, but to deny the upside there, is equally presumptuous. Yes, he is untested as a feature back, but J Jones hasn't proven he can be a 16 game feature back yet, either. Given the off season rumblings about keeping J Jones carries per game limited to 20 or less, and the addition of A Train and Barber is a red flag to me.

A look at what MaGahee did last year, and against what teams would temper the feeding frenzy on his value..... just look at some of the previous posts in this thread for info on that. No way this guy is in my top 5.....

819928[/snapback]

I won't even say JJ is as good as Deshaun Foster and he didn't play well at all coming off his late season purge in 2003, last year he had a great game against KC (just like everybody else)

I think Jordan is in a great offense for running success, he's been riding the pine since day 1, has a good OL in front of him as well as 2 insane threats at WR, that to me proves he's worth more than JJ, who is on a shaky offense with a shaky QB after losing his job to Tom Brady (except for 2002 when P Price was playing for a contract)...

McGahee might be right around 6th or 7th on my top 10 list, only because he's not in a RBBC, and that's what I try to sniff out when picking my top 10...

even in Philly, if TO were to sit out then Westy would propel into my top 10...mostly because my league awards more points for rb's who catch and also 1 pt per rec...

I won't even say JJ is as good as Deshaun Foster and he didn't play well at all coming off his late season purge in 2003, last year he had a great game against KC (just like everybody else)

I think Jordan is in a great offense for running success, he's been riding the pine since day 1, has a good OL in front of him as well as 2 insane threats at WR, that to me proves he's worth more than JJ, who is on a shaky offense with a shaky QB after losing his job to Tom Brady (except for 2002 when P Price was playing for a contract)...

McGahee might be right around 6th or 7th on my top 10 list, only because he's not in a RBBC, and that's what I try to sniff out when picking my top 10...

even in Philly, if TO were to sit out then Westy would propel into my top 10...mostly because my league awards more points for rb's who catch and also 1 pt per rec...

820265[/snapback]

Man, I don't understand the whole 2003 purge by JJ (he didn't play in 2003) and success against KC thing ( he didn't play against KC last year). The fact is that Julius played the last 6 games of the year as the featured back, on a bad team going nowhere and put up top 5 type stats in those games he started in. There is no arguing that fact that this rookie has what it takes. I would expect Dallas OL to be slightly better, the defense will be better and the Tuna will shoot at least 30-35 running plays a game. Jones will be a part of anywhere from 22-25 running attempts per game. No, you won't see him hitting 35 attempts next year unless absolutely necessary. Stats should be around 1400 yards + and about 13 TD's. That's not shabby for a second year player.

For your league rules having Westbrook as a number 2 running back would not be bad and Westbrook is about a top 15 fantasy back next year in a deep pool of good running backs (most years I would call him about 11 or 12 easily but this year is just so deep).

If somebody wants to pick Deshaun Foster over Julius Jones then I say go right ahead and do it. Your league members will thank you later.

820265[/snapback]

What JJ are you talking about. Julius Jones was a rookie in 2004. He didn't even play professional football in 2003.

Don't know how much faith to put into what Jerry Jones says, but he said they want to limit JJ to 20 carries as much as possible, and with A Train and the rook, they can do that.

821182[/snapback]

Barber won't have a carry next season but I'll give you A-Train. 20-25 carries a game will be plenty for Julius unless we need more. That's still 352 carries at 22 a game.

Let's take a closer look at that < or = 20 carries stat.

20/game = 320

Only 8 guys in the league had more carries last year

18/game = 288

Probably worst case scenario and still only 9 guys had more than that last year

I'll take 300 carries from my starting RBs and having seen him play several times last season, I don't think it's a stretch to say that JJ has legit, bigtime skills.

That said, JJ, Jackson and Jordan all have questions surrounding them or their situations. It just depends, as always, on who you feel good about personally. I have the good fortune of having all three in my keeper league and will keep all three but if I had to keep one it would be JJ because I have more concrete info to go on.

I'm guessing the 2003 stuff is referencing Foster.

821099[/snapback]

No, the writing style does not indicate you were referencing Foster. I'm not an English major, but an extra comma or whom you are referencing to in your statement would have made things "read more clearly".

No, I don't like Jackson in a redraft. Martz contiues to under utilize his RB's, and Faulk is still there. I would never draft him, because some one will come along that likes him much earlier than I would take him. I'd take Jordan over Jackson, to mention just one other RB.

819210[/snapback]

Agreed

No, the writing style does not indicate you were referencing Foster. I'm not an English major, but an extra comma or whom you are referencing to in your statement would have made things "read more clearly".

821856[/snapback]

Yer writing style indicates you don't even know who yer talking to.

I'm not sold on McGahee either. Last year, for all his success, he only averaged an EVEN 4.0 yards per carry -- and he wouldn't even have done that if it weren't for the Week 16 game, against San Francisco, when he averaged 6.8.

So, on an offense that was ON FIRE, his YPC was average at best. Remember: he wasn't facing 8 in the box during that run -- the passing game was getting a lot of attention. Now, this year, the O-line has gone from bad to worse AND he'll be the focal point of every defense he faces.

There's absolutely no way the offense can repeat the performance of the last part of 2004, so expect far fewer TDs. As far as yardage, look at his rushing schedule last year -- extremely weak. Then consider the O-line this year. Then consider defenses stacking the box. Then consider Willis's frustration.

Then, if you're in one of my leagues, definitely take him #3 overall.

I'm not sold on McGahee either. Last year, for all his success, he only averaged an EVEN 4.0 yards per carry -- and he wouldn't even have done that if it weren't for the Week 16 game, against San Francisco, when he averaged 6.8.

So, on an offense that was ON FIRE, his YPC was average at best. Remember: he wasn't facing 8 in the box during that run -- the passing game was getting a lot of attention. Now, this year, the O-line has gone from bad to worse AND he'll be the focal point of every defense he faces.

There's absolutely no way the offense can repeat the performance of the last part of 2004, so expect far fewer TDs. As far as yardage, look at his rushing schedule last year -- extremely weak. Then consider the O-line this year. Then consider defenses stacking the box. Then consider Willis's frustration.

Then, if you're in one of my leagues, definitely take him #3 overall.

822430[/snapback]

Careful using tunnel vision on evaluating talent, 13 TD's in 11 games is hard to ignore.

If all you look at is ypc then you wouldn't even like LaDanian Tomlinson because he only averaged a paltry 3.9 yds per carry last season.