[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Leagues by age

tonyr0802

Towards the end of last season there was a lot of talk about creating some new leagues based on age groups, and then having those leagues have some sort of playoff against each other. Did this idea fizzle out and never happen, or does anyone know if the leagues were formed?

incorrect :D there will be a battle royale between the 4 league winners.

821229[/snapback]

[Neo voice] WHOA! [/Neo voice]

I stand corrected! :D

I am in generation lost

40 to 50

I'm with you guys. I was one of the first people who expressed interest, but I never heard a thing. My money is American.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I just saw the list of people who got in the league in my age group. Some of them asked about the league after I did, yet they got in. I guess the commissioner, who will remain nameless, picked his buddies.

If they wanted only their pals, okay, fine. This is what it looks like, anyway. I won't go where I'm not wanted. IMHO they should not post a thread inviting anyone to sign up and then pick their friends. If I don't know the whole story here, somebody feel free to set the record straight. I was under the impression that I was in.

Is under 25 the youngest??

826949[/snapback]

I think that 29 and under is the youngest league.

And I kind of agree with Wolverine, if someone can set the record straight I'd appreciate it too.

There were notices on the boards to sign up (which I totally missed). Then I requested to be on a waiting list for the HOT league, and somebody dropped out so I got in late. It really came down to those that were attentive and persistent got in. I really don't think there was collusion involved. :D

Edited by Chargerz

There was absolutely no collusion involved! If you expressed interest you got in period.

The initial idea for this league too place last year when everyone was trying to figure out who was the oldest huddler etc.

At that time a league was suggested and some huddler's asked to be included.

Afterwards in Late Dec or early Jan signups were announced for the league it was initially for over age 50. Within a few days the league had expanded to four leagues each with a a different age range, needless to say the slots were quickly filled.

As Chargerz, NSab stated above there was no collusion involved.

For those who wish there is a waiting list for each league. When someone reaches the maximum age for a league they must resign and await an opening in the next league.

Folks,

There was no collusion involved. There were many requests to play, some in the thread and some by PM. There are only 12 slots per league, and we received more requests than that.

Anyone is welcome to post in the waiting list thread in the age group. As people move on, then the waiting list is used. That'd the best we can do. Posting sour grapes in the football forum because of a perceived slight isn't accomplishing anything. Just keep watch and you'll get in as soon as your turn comes up.