[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Striving to do the "more and better" here

DMD

:D A heads up that you will be seeing a new person providing some content here at The Huddle and we're very pleased and happy to have Phil Gentles come aboard and help us out. I've known him for a couple of years and I've come to think he is almost as smart as me which should make him almost half as smart as most of you think you are. In addition to having very sound FF skills and knowledge, his "specialty" is all about injuries which will be a primary focus for him here since we could never have too much good info on what NFL injuries there are and what they will mean. We are VERY picky about who we bring on and what we provide and Phil will be a great addition. :D

Here is a short release about him coming to The Huddle.

I'm quite sure you will welcome what he will bring to The Huddle and be your normal, sterling and well-behaved self when he shows up on the message board.

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will welcome Phil with a horse collar tackle that I've been sketching out the actual execution for a few days now.

I need to call his tailor to get the length of his legs, so I know precisely the amount of torque needed to bring him down and roll on up for maximum pain and breakage. :D

We are VERY picky about who we bring on and what we provide and Phil will be a great addition. 

823310[/snapback]

I don't think that's a true statement. Look who you added to do the idp last year.

Welcome aboard Phil!  Break a leg!

Technically is should read "Welcome aboard Phil! Fracture a tibia along the posterolateral aspect of the Soleal line."

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I joined on with The Huddle with two things in mind: 1. To add my medical expertise and insight to the already great content on the website and 2. To kick DMD's ass in the staff / writers league. Both should be fun and very rewarding.

Let me introduce you to my column and the newest addition to The Huddle:

The Huddle's Training Room

My speciality is injuries and my job will be to give you THE BEST NFL injury coverage on the internet. I've made a few medical contacts over the years and I'll dig deep to uncover information that nobody else is reporting. Don't be surprised if we break a story or two here at The Huddle. And even if information isn't immediately available (cough cough, the Patriots) I'll give you my qualified opinions and fantasy advice.

The first installements of The Huddle's Training Room will be on the site in early June. I'll be doing an update, by position and including IDP's, on players who were affected by injuries last season, players who had off-season surgery, and players who have been limited or kept out during minicamps because of new or lingering injuries. I will have a couple of updates in the month of July and I will start a weekly injury report once training camps open. Once the regular season rolls around I will write injury reports twice a week, the first will be available on Monday's and it will give you a detailed update on all the injuries from the past week's action and the second report will be available on Fridays and it will not only give you an update on the condition of key players but it will let you know what their likely status will be for the upcoming games.

I'll be working with DMD and Whitney on game days to get you guys all the player inactives and lineup changes. The great thing about this is that I'll have contacts with individuals on the field at certain Stadiums so we'll be able to give you some great inside info.

I plan on helping where I can on the site and I will try to do the best with the injury reports, but if there is something t hat I missed, made a mistake on or some player that I didn't cover that you would like information about I will invite you to either leave me a question in the fantasy advice forum or drop me an e-mail. I'll see what I can do.

Again, thanks for the nice welcome. I look forward to working with The Huddle staff and can't wait to help you guys in your quest for fantasy football supremecy. (Just hope you won't get stuck in the league with me). Take it easy fellas.

Phil

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I joined on with The Huddle with two things in mind: 1. To add my medical expertise and insight to the already great content on the website and 2. To kick DMD's ass in the staff / writers league. Both should be fun and very rewarding.

823668[/snapback]

(cough, cough, CBI league, cough, cough)

Just so you will know more about everyone here on the board let me point out the people here:

He's OK, he's OK, he's OK, he's been banned but is back, he's OK, he's about to be banned, he's OK, he's OK but I worry about him, he's not OK but we tolerate him for some unknown reason, he's OK, he's OK, she's OK, she's OK(but not really a she - don't ask), he's OK, he's a dirty liar, he's OK, he cheats at poker but we cannot figure out how, he's OK and no one knows that guy in the corner that never says anything but we figure he is OK and not about to shoot us all.

That's about it for now. Oh yes, and NEVER pull that guy's finger.