[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i believe pittman might be a great value pick

crispirons

i have a feeling gruden will be using pittman and cadillac at the same time. besides clayton, the bucs receivers are well lets just say ordinary. when alstott played, pittman would sometimes be in and split out in-motion. gruden likes pittman in the open field. if carnell does take away his starting job after x amount of games, i think pittman will still get on the field and put up some respectable numbers in the end. just a hunch.

Maybe, particularly in leagues in which you get points for receptions. But although he'll more valuable than a typical 3rd down back, I see him as bye week filler. I don't think that he'll get enough touches.

We shall see.

Not sure I agree. Pittman could lose time to Garner and he was not favorably considered by the coaching staff because he led the entire NFL with six lost fumbles in only about 13 games as I recall. There is a reason why Gruden spent such a high draft pick on a RB - he doesn't like the ones he has.

Granted - Gruden has always mixed and matched backs, but he has never had a player with the ability of Cadillac. Throw in the dissatisfaction with all those fumbles and Garner being available as well and I wouldn't touch Pittman this year personally.

I don't know if Garner doesn't get cut June 1, despite the fact that he renegotiated his contract recently for cap purposes. I must have listened to 1 and a 1/2 hours of press conferences at the Bucs site.... a few by Gruden, one by Caddy, and two by the GM, I forget his name. All of them mentioned Pittman and Alstott. NONE of them ever even mentioned Garner's name, not once. Maybe it's wrong to read into that, but with such a high rookie RB pick, you'd think they would at least acknowledge Garner exists. They never did.

interesting about garner. hadn't really thought about him at all. i was mostly pointing out that due to the quality depth (sarcastic) at wr, i think pittman will be used in the slot, in motion, etc. in leagues with points per reception, he could be decent as a bye week filler or flex position.

My understanding is that because of all the cash they gave Garner last year in signing bonuses that it costs them almost nothing to keep him this year. The money has already been spent. I have heard nothing about them cutting him and Garner said he is not retiring.

First off, Garner should be cut on June first not because it will save the Bucs money but because he is taking up a roster spot. ACL injuries take 2 years to come back from and it is not like Garner is a young guy anymore. He showed nothing in the games before he was injured. As for Pittman having decent value next season, he very well could. If it was not for his suspension last season he could have gone for 1300 yards. Yes he has a fumbling problem but word out of Tampa is that he has fixed the problem, but you know how that goes. Gruden has said things using a 2 back set and possibly motioning Pitt into a WR position. Pittman is probably the best catching runningback I have seen in the NFL. If he were only taller he would be a fulltime WR. Look for Pittman and Caddy to share carries early on but for Caddy to eventually solidify his starting position. However, rookie runningbacks sometimes dont hold up so if Caddy goes down (I hope not) look for Pittman to have a good season. Oh yeah and Allstott is not a factor anymore if anyone was wondering...

Jolly R, I thought about that... Garner won't practice all summer, and even when camp opens, he will be far less than a year removed from ACL surgery. I just don't know if there are a lot of teams willing to carry a third string, 33 year old RB, 9 months after major knee surgery who doesn't play special teams. Even in Hacketts ESPN interview, he too never mentioned Garner, but did talk about Pittman and Alstott. I think the handwriting is on the wall, but time will tell.

Garner is done.  Fork please!

826220[/snapback]

Agreed. Pittman has a way more potential to produce than Garner and if he gets in a full season (baring any other suspensions) could be a decent later round pick-up. When he plays, Pittman runs hard and catches passes as well. There is no guarentee that Caddy will be able to just step into the role of a starting NFL rb. Pittman can. If your carrying 4-5 rb's on your squad, he's worth the pick up.

Edited by 'canes2004

missing my point i think fatman. cadillac will get the rock often and be given a chance to shine. i'm merely pointing out that last yr, pittman was used often as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th wr coming out of the backfield or lining up in the slot. they drafted 3 wr's this yr in the 5th thru 7th rounds. they don't have a solid number 2 behind clayton, let alone a good 3rd or 4th. one to watch for could be the juco kid they drafted...larry brackins. i've been wrong numerous times before, just a hunch pittman could be a great value pick late in drafts.

missing my point i think fatman.  cadillac will get the rock often and be given a chance to shine.  i'm merely pointing out that last yr, pittman was used often as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th wr coming out of the backfield or lining up in the slot.  they drafted 3 wr's this yr in the 5th thru 7th rounds.  they don't have a solid number 2 behind clayton, let alone a good 3rd or 4th.  one to watch for could be the juco kid they drafted...larry brackins.   i've been wrong numerous times before, just a hunch pittman could be a great value pick late in drafts.

826265[/snapback]

Hey crispirons, do you follow the Bucs much because you seem to know more about them then any other member on the boards I have seen so far (except for me :D ). However I do think they have a solid #2 in either Galloway or Hillard. Again, look for alot of two back sets with Pittman motioning out to the slot.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Hey crispirons, do you follow the Bucs much because you seem to know more about them then any other member on the boards I have seen so far (except for me :D ).  However I do think they have a solid #2 in either Galloway or Hillard.  Again, look for alot of two back sets with Pittman motioning out to the slot.

826378[/snapback]

i do, because it is force fed to us here in orlando. not that i mind, i've always had a soft spot for this team going back to the winless mckay era. used to come down to the old sombrero when i lived in chicago to watch the bears. great winter getaway. my opinion of galloway and hilliard is lower than yours. i do get out and watch once or twice when the bucs hold their camp at disney. i should know more then and give a better evaluation.

i do, because it is force fed to us here in orlando.  not that i mind, i've always had a soft spot for this team going back to the winless mckay era.  used to come down to the old sombrero when i lived in chicago to watch the bears.  great winter getaway.  my opinion of galloway and hilliard is lower than yours.  i do get out and watch once or twice when the bucs hold their camp at disney.  i should know more then and give a better evaluation.

826387[/snapback]

Yeah let me know what you see in Orlando when they hold their camp. I never get to make it out there during training camp so all I get to hear is what the media reports.

Hey crispirons, do you follow the Bucs much because you seem to know more about them then any other member on the boards I have seen so far (except for me :D ).  However I do think they have a solid #2 in either Galloway or Hillard.  Again, look for alot of two back sets with Pittman motioning out to the slot.

826378[/snapback]

Hey, JR, I was noticing how high these Buc fans are on Hilliard on the messgae board there. Frankly, I hope for your sake, Brackins is the real deal.... I think Hilliard is all but done. Not that the Giant O line gave any of the wide outs time to run a pattern before thw QB had to throw the ball away, but he just doesn't seem able to get open. Maybe with Clayton as a distraction, will help, but I have my doubts.

Hey, JR, I was noticing how high these Buc fans are on Hilliard on the messgae board there. Frankly, I hope for your sake, Brackins is the real deal.... I think Hilliard is all but done. Not that the Giant O line gave any of the wide outs time to run a pattern before thw QB had to throw the ball away, but he just doesn't seem able to get open. Maybe with Clayton as a distraction, will help, but I have my doubts.

826718[/snapback]

Brakins will take some time to mold into a good WR. Gruden says he can jump the highest he has seen in quite some time. You are right about the Bucs Message borad about Hillard though, they all seem to love him. However most posters on that board love every Buc player, unless his name is Gramatica. I think Hillard will be a decent pickup. I know many people do not like Galloway and think he is trash, but the way he finished out the season last year was a good sign. With him and Clayton, I think Hillard will be able to atleast get somewhat open. The Bucs also drafted Paris Warren from Utah and JR Russell from Louiville both decent WR propects. The Bucs are in dire need of some WR help, hopefully one of the 3 they drafted this year will do the trick.

Hilliard is garbage...

826876[/snapback]

and a florida gator. hence all the "great" talk on the bucs messageboards where you guys are looking. doing my impersonation of the guy from "office space".......yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. i just don't think peter (hilliard) is upper management material(quality wr).