[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Celebrity B-Ball Game Report

Trainer_Phil

I'm just getting back from a VERY unentertaining celebrity basketball game, but the news has to be Andre Johnson. While Edgerrin James and Chad Johnson (Chad, the intelligent man that he is, played with his designer shades on) took it easy on the court Andre played like it was an NBA elimination game going hard after rebounds, blocking shots and throwing down dunks.

During the game Andre went up for an offensive board and was up-ended and he landed on his hand. He made the tip and got the foul, but after missing the free throw he began to shake his wrist and he appeared to be in some discomfort. He was soon subsituted. He returned and only played sparingly but I saw him with ice on his wrist coming back from the locker room at halftime and as he sat on the bench as the game ended. Not sure if any other Miami-Huddler attended the game and saw what happened but this is the kind of stupidty (Kellen) that can affect a team's season, not to mention ruin a fantasy owner's chance at the title. Andre's injured wrist doesn't appear to be bad, but I will see what I can find out over the next couple of days.

If he came back into the game, I'm sure it's not something that will hinder his season. Its not like he was doing trick moves on a motorcycle (that was specifically mentioned in his contract) and hit a curb at 35 mph.

Sometimes it appears as if nothing is really wrong... but a few days later...bang! ouch that hurts. So I will be very interested in seeing any more news on this in the next few days.

Bad enough everyone seems to get hurt during pre-season... why do they have to go out of their way to find other ways to hurt themselves? :D

wow! I wonder if celebrity basketball games are listed under the "dangerous activities clause" of his contract. Johnson should have a great year and I certainly hope this injury isnt serious...

wow!  I wonder if celebrity basketball games are listed under the "dangerous activities clause" of his contract.  Johnson should have a great year and I certainly hope this injury isnt serious...

826219[/snapback]

Have we learned nothing from Aaron Boone?