[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss Still Supporting MN Charities

MikesVikes

Here's an article that appeared in the Star Tribune recently. I included a bit about Kelly Carlson because, well, how could I cut Kelly Carlson out of an article? She's Hot!!!

C.J.: The Moss we don't know delivers in the clutch

C.J., Star Tribune

May 24, 2005 CJ0524

A nattily attired Randy Moss arrived fashionably late Saturday night to Smile Network International's annual global gala, where he starred along with celebrity host Kelly Carlson of "Nip/Tuck."

There was betting about whether the moody Moss, now a Raider and no longer a Viking, would actually show up at the fundraiser held at St. Paul's circus school, Circus Juventas. John Laub Sr., the pro basser not to be confused with his adorable son John Jr., was never worried.

"I've had the opportunity for seven years to fish with Moss," said Laub Sr., an elegant gentlemen who is delighted to be known as J Dawg, an honorific bestowed by Moss. "Many people know who Randy Moss is, but almost nobody knows Randy Moss," he said. "This man and I share three loves: sports, the sport of fishing and, more than anything else, children. For several years he mentioned we should have a celebrity tournament. I came to this event last year, and I saw what they did for children. My wheels started turning." On a subsequent fishing outing, Laub Sr. pulled out a Smile Network brochure featuring Sergio, a child from a developing country whose face had been transformed by Smile Network surgeons. Moss was on board. "I've had everybody tell me, Get something in writing. He's no longer with us. Is he still going to participate? Let me tell you something: Randy and I have been friends, and anything that man has ever told me he would do he has done without a piece of paper," Laub Sr. said.

Moss, Carlson, LaubC. J.Star TribuneHe believes that the June 29 fishing tourney is going to be huge. Fifty pro anglers, NASCAR and other pro athletes and country music entertainers are booked. The Twin Cities Freestyle Productions is making an hourlong show that will be sold to FOX or ESPN. Tom Arnold, of "The Best darn Sports Show Period," is coming in with a crew, too, Laub Sr. said.

Among the truly live auction items at the gala Saturday were six footballs signed on the spot by Moss for $3,500 each. In addition to the pigskin, the purchasers got their pictures taken with Moss and a place in a fishing boat at his celebrity tourney.

Kelly Carlson captivated attention, but she's not caught up in herself. When an admirer told her she looks better every year, Carlson replied: "That's because I can afford more Botox."

Changing out of her arresting black Chanel number and into a cute top and jeans, Carlson left Circus Juventas for Minneapolis' Bellanotte, where the owner's wife, Alexus Koch, provided us VIP access.

I could have watched men make fools of themselves all night in front of Koch and Carlson, who are not as high-maintenance as YOU GUYS!

Do flimsy lines like "May I have a light?" actually work?

One clown walked over with a drink for Carlson. No woman in her right mind accepts a drink from a strange man in 2005. Carlson and her old chum Lisa LaVigne exchanged glances as Bozo laboriously proffered the "gin and tonic." I finally suggested that he get to steppin' with the beverage. Can you say Rohypnol?

The winner of the Cheesy Pass Award goes to a guy who said his name was "Jeff" but refused to show ID. He plopped next to Kelly and after a few false starts thought he'd hit on something. "I'm all alone tonight," he said. That hung in the air a couple of seconds before I noted the lipstick stain on his face. "It's from my mother," he said. We nearly fell out of our chairs laughing.

Edited by MikesVikes

Moss has always been good to kids and charity. Unfortunately, only the local media would ever cover that. The national media prefers to only highlight the negatives and blow them up to the extreme. Example: that idiot Joe Buck's "disgusting" comments regarding Moss's silly fake mooning in Green Bay.

I believe the charitable donations were part of his probation for running over the traffic cop.  It helped him avoid jail time - let's not canonize Saint Randy just yet.

827401[/snapback]

You know not what you speak of.