[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RBBC a big part of 2005? I hope not!

Swampnuts

I've been doing some looking at team rosters. There seems to be a declining number of teams with a single "go to" back. These are the guys I want to fill my roster with, meaning I want starters who get almost every carry and all the goal line carries.

I have a feeling this year backs will be at more of a premium than ever. By my count only 14 of the 32 teams had a clear cut primary runner. All the others have alternatives that see regular time and are potentially as equally productive.

Teams with Primary backs

Baltimore- Lewis

Buffalo- McGahee

Cincinnati- R. Johnson

Dallas- Jones

Detroit- Jones

Green Bay- Green

Houston- Davis

Indy- Edge

NE- Dillon

NO- McAllister

Giants- Barber

Jets- Martin

Oakland- Jordan

San Diego- LT

Seattle- Alexander

Tennessee- Brown

Washington- Portis

Out of this list you have players who are injury prone, such as Brown and Green. And I excluded Holmes from this list due to emergence of Larry Johnson last year.

This year it could be tough to fill your two staring RB spots with two guaranteed starters. :D

Great list, and certainly a major concern for drafts this year. I think there will be a few additional primary back teams added to the list when training camp nears an end. Of course there will also be a few injuries to pull some of these off the list. Martin is one that is due, can Green bounce back from his horrible year last year, we'll see.

More teams that I project will NOT be RBBC:

Miami- Brown

TBB- Caddy

Chi- Benson

AZ- Arrington

Phi- Westbrook

KC- Holmes

The first five are subject to some situational substitutions, but I think they will all be "primary" RB's for thier respective teams. The job in KC is all Holmes, unless he gets dinged. Dunn might also be considered a primary back, after last year. Foster is another, who should qualify, with the big IF he doesnt get hurt. I see less RBBC this year than I did last year. None of the rookies are an absolute lock.... but they look solid to me at this point. Arrington is the most likely to be RBBC of this group. Much depends on Shipp's recovery, but he didnt do much last year when given the chance before he got hurt. Taylor's status is up in the air.... if he is ready to play, he is another primary RB.

Well, in all seriousness, if the trend becomes dominant, maybe it will change fantasy football as we know it. Maybe you will be starting 4 RB's instead of 2, or maybe you will draft and start Team RB's instead of the individual players. :D

Miami- Brown

TBB- Caddy

Chi- Benson

AZ- Arrington

Phi- Westbrook

KC- Holmes

827408[/snapback]

Add these plus:

Denver: Shanny never goes RBBC (unless someone gets hurt) so you can add Bell to the list.

The Niners are likely to stick with Barlow.

Miami- Brown

TBB- Caddy

Chi- Benson

AZ- Arrington

Phi- Westbrook

KC- Holmes

The first five are subject to some situational substitutions, but I think they will all be "primary" RB's for thier respective teams. The job in KC is all Holmes, unless he gets dinged. Dunn might also be considered a primary back, after last year. Foster is another, who should qualify, with the big IF he doesnt get hurt. I see less RBBC this year than I did last year. None of the rookies are an absolute lock.... but they look solid to me at  this point. Arrington is the most likely to be RBBC of this group. Much depends on Shipp's recovery, but he didnt do much last year when given the chance before he got hurt. Taylor's status is up in the air.... if he is ready to play, he is another primary RB.

827408[/snapback]

You don't think Buckhalter will steal some time in Philly? How about the return of Ricky in Miami?

You don't think Buckhalter will steal some time in Philly? How about the return of Ricky in Miami?

827808[/snapback]

I've heard people mention Buckhalter as a sleeper and that he will take some of Westbrooks carries and I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, there is always that possibility but the facts are pretty clear IMO:

1 - Westbrook is Philly's #1 playmaker at either thr RB spot or WR.

2 - Buckhalter has yet to shows anything special plus he has been hurt the

last two seasons.

As an Eagles fan I hope Buckhalter breaks out so that gives us more weapons, but I just don't see why people are counting on him to be something he hasn't been in Philly yet.