[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson and a DUI

loaf

Good god. I just read articles last month with him doing this whole "I've turned it around. I realized that I had to, or my career would be over."

He showed up for voluntary practices and was working hard and impressing the coaches.

So I traded for him. :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

I think I read somewhere today that Wash would hold onto Gardner for a bit while they wait to see who's neediest. I think Seattle just jumped onto that list.

828468[/snapback]

Clayton said on ESPNews that they would hold onto him until the end of June, and they are only looking for a fifth round pick!

Clayton said on ESPNews that they would hold onto him until the end of June, and they are only looking for a fifth round pick!

828552[/snapback]

I wonder if a team with strong veteran leadership and a no-tolerance coaching staff like the Ravens or Panthers could squeeze some production of this guy. Panthers need another wideout (bad), and his b.s. wouldn't be tolerated in the locker room. Plus, it would be a homecoming for K-Rob, Who knows??

I wonder if a team with strong veteran leadership and a no-tolerance coaching staff like the Ravens or Panthers could squeeze some production of this guy. Panthers need another wideout (bad), and his b.s. wouldn't be tolerated in the locker room. Plus, it would be a homecoming for K-Rob,  Who knows??

828606[/snapback]

I'm getting a little lost here but I think Swashbucklers was talking about Gardner?

Being the liberal pansyass I am, I will point out that there are several non-white professional athletes who have been dinged over the years for "reckless driving" through Medina (Freddy Garcia, Carlos Guillen, Jerremy Stevens, to name a few....), it's the place where Bill Gates lives. The richest zip code in America.

That all said, Robinson is a dumbass, and thank goodness he's gone. I hope this means Boulware and not Gardner.

Good god. I just read articles last month with him doing this whole "I've turned it around.  I realized that I had to, or my career would be over."

He showed up for voluntary practices and was working hard and impressing the coaches.

So I traded for him.  :D

828499[/snapback]

LOL date he got the DUI was 6 whole days after the whole "new leaf" speech. 6 freakin days!!! He's gone, I give it 2 days. He's Holmgren's favorite player, but this is getting ridiculous.

As for the #2 receiver position--I think it's definitely Bobby Engram's position until Jurevicius or Pathon play well enough to take it from him. Engram was a very effective #2 receiver for the Bears, albeit a handful of years ago now. I think the real battle will be b/n Pathon/Jurevicius for 3 receiver sets, in which Engram will move back to his customary slot role. The lack of speed on this group could ultimately kill this entire offesne if they have to grind all the time and can't get big plays. Personally I think they'll be o.k.

I'm starting to wonder what the rest of the NFL thinks of the Seahawks roster, as Anthony Simmons is STILL out there unclaimed. The losses of Okeafor/Simmons/Koren will show the true meaning of addition by subtraction. I don't know that it will manifest itself on the field this season, which could cost Holmgren his job, but you're starting to see the Hawks go after the kind of players that can create a positive atmosphere in the locker room and on the practice field. Draft a WR in the first round next year and I think you've made a pretty dormant team exciting again. The DBs can only get better, sooner or later a LB is gonna pan out, and this team will hopefully gain some character to allow them to continue to improve.

I found this out on the net, not sure how true it is.

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Koren Robinson admitted in court papers to being legally drunk May 6 when he was charged with a DUI and reckless driving. However, Robinson disputed DUI and reckless driving charges by claiming he consumed alcohol after driving and before submitting to a blood-alcohol test. He pleaded not guilty during arraignment Tuesday, May 31. A hearing has been set for July 18. If convicted of the charges as stated, court papers show that Robinson's minimum sentence would be 48 hours in jail or no fewer than 30 days in electronic home monitoring, plus a $1,078 fine and one year's suspension or revocation of driving privileges. It seems like the Seahawks are not going to wait for his court appearance to determine his future with the team. According to sources, the team has cleaned out Robinson's locker and removed its nameplate. The team had grown weary of Robinson's off-field troubles well before this latest incident.

Robinson admitted in court papers to being legally drunk May 6 when he was charged with a DUI and reckless driving. However, Robinson disputed DUI and reckless driving charges by claiming he consumed alcohol after driving and before submitting to a blood-alcohol test.

830015[/snapback]

The Chappaquiddick defense? :eek: