[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there anyone out there better than Tom Brady?

Gators

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or in getting beat by a pathetic Miami team in front of a Monday night audience ...

hey, ya gotta add both sides of the picture don't ya?

847612[/snapback]

didnt know he wasnt allowed to have a stinker once in a while...im fully aware that all of the great nfl quarterbacks never had a poor regular season performance

my god what nitpickers

didnt know he wasnt allowed to have a stinker once in a while...im fully aware that all of the great nfl quarterbacks never had a poor regular season performance

847747[/snapback]

oh .. ok .. i thought most of the brady lovers here thought he was not prone to bad games and that phins game was probably someone elses fault. at least you can own up to his failures as well as successes ... :D to that

oh .. ok .. i thought most of the brady lovers here thought he was not prone to bad games and that phins game was probably someone elses fault.  at least you can own up to his failures as well as successes ...  :D to that

847773[/snapback]

yeah i can own up to his failures...but is dropping a regular season..one of only two all year, is that really a failure? considering his accomplishements? i think his accomplishments far outweight the failures

i mean if i was like alot of people on this board..id start point a finger at our offensive line for out 'big failure' in miami..the phins were putting some serious heat on him all night.

but its all good..i can live with his big 'failure'

Is that all you Brady doubters can come up with? So, he had a bad game against the Dolphins during the regular season. Who cares? Manning scored 3 points against the Patriots,in the playoffs!. You heard me 3 points! Yeah I know. The receivers dropped balls. The weather was bad,yeah I know...The Colts defence sucks and The Patriots defense is Awesome, I know I've heard it before. It wasn't Peyton's fault, yes i know that. But still, The Colts managed only 3 points!

Edited by Gators

Is that all you Brady doubters can come what up? So, he had a bad game against the Dolphins during the regular season. Who cares? Manning scored 3 points against the Patriots. You heard me 3 points! Yeah I know.  The receivers dropped balls. The Colts defence sucks and The Patriots defense is Awesome.  It wasn't Peyton's fault, yes i know that.  But still, The Colts managed only 3 points!

849450[/snapback]

::D

Here's a question.

Is the question of Brady's greatness, or the lack there of, connected in any way with Mannings' greatness, or the lack thereof, and vice versa?

In other words whenever fans of one of these QB's or the other starts talking about their QB's greatness they almost always revert to bashing the other QB as if that enhances their QB's greatness.

I have said it before and I will say it again. There is more than one way to be great at QB. And Manning does not have to suck for Brady to be great nor does Brady have to suck for Manning to be great.

They are both great in very different ways. And this theory of plugging one of them into the other's system and knowing how they and/or the players around them would play is simply ludicrous. No one can know how Brady would do in Indy or how Manning would do in NE. There are simply too many intangibles. This is proven time and time again when players do move from one team to another and then play either way better or way worse than they did on the team they came from. You just never know.

This debate is starting to sound like a Presidential Campaign where the camps of each candidate, in this case Manning & Brady, spend so much time trying to disparage the image and/or abilities of the opposing candidate that they forget that simply praising their own candidate might be the better strategy. And each of these QB's has done plenty worth praising.

The difference in this campaign, unlike most for the Presidency, is that I would be happy with either guy leading my team.

When Tom Brady has six straight 4,000-yard seasons, breaks the single-season records for both TD passes and QB rating, and consistently takes teams with poor defenses to the playoffs, you can start to mention him in the same breath as Peyton Manning. But until then, it's clear who the better QB is. :D

Given their vastly different situations, comparing the two is a waste of time. And I agree with Jrick that arguing about it is stupid. Where's Big John and his thread gun?

Edited by Bill Swerski