[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Longest Yard

Big Red

How long until this is not just a movie, but a yearly 'reality' TV series? Usually enough pro momos getting popped for something, usually stupid. Players like Bam Morris can be yearly guest while others like Koren Robinson, Steve McNair and Jamal Lewis can do a year at a time.

How long until this is not just a movie, but a yearly 'reality' TV series?  Usually enough pro momos getting popped for something, usually stupid.  Players like Bam Morris can be yearly guest while others like Koren Robinson, Steve McNair and Jamal Lewis can do a year at a time.

828294[/snapback]

Hey you should pitch the show to fox they like that kind of " REAL" tv

Yeah right ...Fox wouldn't touch something like that becuase the NFL would never give them rights to any games ever again. Look at 'Playmakers', the NFL bullied ESPN into cancelling it after one successful season. What a shame......

Look at 'Playmakers', the NFL bullied ESPN into cancelling it after one successful season.  What a shame......

828801[/snapback]

Just an FYI pedroz13. Playmakers was cancelled by ESPN for being spectacularly UNSUCCESSFUL

You didn't actually like that CRAP, did you????:D

Just an FYI pedroz13. Playmakers was cancelled by ESPN for being spectacularly UNSUCCESSFUL

828967[/snapback]

That's not the story I heard. It was actually doing pretty well. But the NFL threatened that continuing to run the show might damage their upcoming television contract negotiations. Guess what? ESPN got MNF. :D

Buddy of mine works at ESPN. Trust me.....Playmakers ratings weren't that good. Started out gangbusters, but really began tanking towards the end of it's run. End result....series cancelled.

828967[/snapback]

From what I understood, it had solid ratings and was considered a 'hit' but Tagliabue and the NFL hated it (for obvious reasons). Maybe its a mixture of both? I thought the show was all right, even though the star Middle Linebacker looked like a complete wuss and their start WR was a 5' 8" gA white guy. (not that there is anything wrong with that...). I did like how basically every situation that they brought up in the show you could relate to the actual NFL.